Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 16

Crucial round of games is already underway with the SEQ Stars keeping their playoff hopes alive after making it to Adelaide and winning 89-81.

Tonight:
Sydney vs Dandenong
Melbourne vs Townsville
Perth vs SEQ

Tomorrow:
Bendigo vs Townsville
Canberra vs Dandenong

SEQ, Bendigo & Sydney are all on 12 wins atm.

Heads-up that Deakin Uni are broadcasting tonight's game live on Periscope. Pity it's likely to be a bloodbath.

Topic #38941 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you get to the live stream?

Reply #576458 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

You need the Periscope smartphone app.

Easiest way to find the stream is use the map, zoom into Victoria, and you'll see Deakin Uni listed as one of the few active live streams.

There's no web-based Periscope viewer that I am aware of.

Reply #576459 | Report this post

one of the dodgiest games of the season in perth tonight.

#brownpaperbagsforeverybody

Reply #576473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great job by SEQ this weekend.

They look like the best team in the comp right now.

Reply #576479 | Report this post

pissed off  
Years ago

Natalie 'Opal' Burton is the biggest waste of space in the WNBL!!!

Reply #576493 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Huge weekend for SEQ to rise from the ashes and win the doomsday double.

I had a feeling the Lynx could be in trouble in that one so I got a piece of the $3.00 that Sportsbet were offering on the Stars. Didn't get to see this one but it sounds like they're a team on a mission right now. They have got the talent to go all the way if they believe. And they should believe. They've beaten the Fire the last 2 times they've played them - by a combined 30 points.

My only concern about the Stars is with Shyla Heal. I see from the boxscore that she didn't play last night. Hopefully she's not injured!

Reply #576500 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Kind of funny, but I'm not sure about making fun of a 13-year-old on a public forum, even when the intended target is elsewhere.

Reply #576501 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I don't mean to have a go at her. It's obviously not her fault that she was put in that situation, and I hope to see her back in the league on her own merit one day.

Reply #576502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We make fun of all players in the league equally and don't discriminate based on age.

There wasn't a single poster having a go at Guy Molloy's kid when excessive injuries finally forced her to get minutes.

A kid playing for their parent he/she wouldn't make another roster opens things up for these kinds of comments.

Players that didnt get these comments;
A Gaze
CJ Bruton
S Black

Were good enough to be recruited by most clubs

Players that have gotten comments
Joyce
M Wright
Heal

Wouldn't have gotten a look or have been force fed mintues before their time due to their parents coaching job have gotten negative comments in forums and social media.

Reply #576505 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Actually a lot of unfair things were said regarding Stephen Black at first.

Molloy got a fair amount of time when the decimated Boomers were over here last round, and she did ok I thought.

Reply #576510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molloy played great.

Reply #576514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molloy no relative you tossers

Reply #576535 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Caps neck-and-neck with the Rangers all game ... Dandenong eventually escape with the 4 point win.

Reply #576537 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

A few changes in the ladder after this round

TSV 15-6
DAN 15-7
PER 14-7
SEQ 13-8
BEN 12-9
SYD 12-10
ADL 8-13
MEL 7-15
CAN 0-21

Sydney now host Perth & Bendigo. Both winnable, but they'd probably want Swords back to have a realistic chance. They look unlikely.

Bendigo host Adelaide & Canberra so they'd like their chances. Their final game in Sydney could be decisive.

SEQ play Canberra & Melbourne next, so that should be 2 more for their wins column, then they finish the season @ Dandenong, which will be a big game.

Dandenong has just 2 games left and both are tough: @ Townsville and vs Stars.

Perth looking vulnerable too, with 2 road games vs Canberra & Sydney, followed by a visit from Townsville. Fingers crossed that Louella can return to action next round!

Loads of possible permutations left.

Reply #576557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha ha - Molloy's kid !!!!

Great research to slag off a kid who got minutes due to the team being decimated by injuries. Too bad she is not his kid ... Ha ha ha

Reply #576571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Omg a poster sticking up for Chloe Molloy got the family heritage wrong. Omg. Omg. Omg.

Reply #576580 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I don't mean to have a go at her. It's obviously not her fault that she was put in that situation, and I hope to see her back in the league on her own merit one day."

Agreed.

Reply #576584 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Mijovic made 9 3's against the stars, pretty impressive for a tall girl!

Reply #576683 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Sydney have Imploded! I had them as sure finalists a few months ago, even bet some money on them early in the season to win the whole thing.

Reply #576684 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Imploded is a bit unfair. They've been without a key piece in Swords.

Reply #576703 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

They started the season well without Swords.

Reply #576777 | Report this post

Years ago

Looking at the draw and remaining games it seems like a battle between the Stars and Bendigo for 4th spot. I believe both will finish on 15 wins and 9 losses. The Stars could win all 3 and guarantee themselves a playoff berth but one of their games is against Dandy and away. Bendigo have the split on the Stars 2 wins to 1. Perth also have the 2 to 1 split on the Stars so they will need the Caps and Sydney to both upset Perth (and Fire to beat Perth) to finish above them.
So many Scenarios! So sad there is no way to watch any of this unfold on TV.

Reply #576785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754