Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers BIG chance to win NBL

Tigers got the size. Can they win it all??

Anstey - 213cm
Donaldson - 209cm
Stiff - 205cm
Mottram - 205cm
Barlow - 204cm
Thomas - 204cm
Hoare - 201cm
Tucker - 200cm
Leonard - 197cm
Corletto - 193cm
McDonald - 192cm

Topic #3896 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I wonder about their firepower. Anstey can be a 20PPG+ player. DT too (16PPG last season). But none of the other guys are really bigtime scorers.

Stiffy was 6PPG last season. Mottram 3PPG. Hoare 10PPG. DMac 8PPG. Tucker 11PPG.

I like most of those guys, don't get me wrong, but I don't know how they'll compete with a team like Brisbane (Black, Rucker, Mackinnon, Brannen, Bradtke are all 20PPG+ players), Sydney (CJ, Smith, Roberts, etc -- same deal) or Adelaide (Maher, Farley, Rychart).

I think Tucker and Hoare could be in the low teens, but not sure about the rest increasing their output.

Reply #45491 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Big transition year for them without the Gaze family around. Not sure who their real go-to player is. It's likely the only thing missing from their being a true contender.

Reply #45493 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The big difference with the tigers this year is that they wont have to pass the ball to Gaze 20+ a game to take a shot. DT, Stiffy and Anstey are going to be dangerous.

Reply #45512 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

i dont know what drugs you guys are on....but i dont see much to impress me about that team besides the height....wow, they are tall.
i think that team just mentioned will be 5th or 6th at best.....a team has got to be balanced, and that team is very top-heavy.

Reply #45517 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Tucker will go back to playing minutes and doubles galore

Reply #45522 | Report this post

40th Street Black  
Years ago

Tucker will have his best year by far. Why L.Gaze only played him for less than 20 minutes a game and coming off the bench was weird.
I would expect Tucker to average at least 20ppg.
The Tigers all can pass the ball, so a free flowing passing game will suit and fans will love it too. Anstey can get up and down the floor for a big man so run 'n' gun could be their forte'.

No more Doc Naismith style offense's.

Reply #45556 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer Tucker should lift his scoring a bit more this season no doubt. He was averaging 17 and 10 in Perth so he should get back to that pretty easily.
But still they are very much like Perth, big but no real point guards or shooters.

Reply #45568 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I like their roster

PG : Corletto/McDonald
SG : Tucker
SF : Thomas
PF : Hoare/Stiff
C : Anstey/Mottram

Dont know much about their deep bench since Lindsay never played them, but that is a pretty solid 8 man rotation.

Tucker and Thomas are both capable scorers who got abit lost in the Tigers legacy last year.

Reply #45575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weakness??

PG. D-mac getting on, can't handle big mins week in week out, no back up of NBL quality.

SG. Need a out shooter/scorer off the bench, can Corletto or Leonard do that?

Can Mottram be fit for more than 5 games?
Will Stiff give solid mins on a consistant basis?

Lots of questions.

Reply #45582 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The Sixers made the Tigers look really slow last year and for all the big names, they couldn't get up and down the court.

Without Gaze Jnr, Copes and Bradtke they have the chance to pick up the tempo some.

I imagine how good they do will be based on the style of game they play.

But with such a tall side, and no indication that Westover will bring new ideas into the club after 253 years as assistant coach, I doubt things will change much. They will fall into about the same position they managed last year.

Reply #45614 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm losing one of the greatest coaches, and one of the greatest players... and 2nd best player. They cant gel this team in a season to win a premiership after such a big loss. I would be very suprised if they made top 4

Reply #45624 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I like the line up too, very much like Adel but not as deep - it's as though they have traded the back up guard that Adel has for the better centre.

I think they'll be bit of a dark horse who will gel as the season goes. I think the Gazes leaving has breathed a bit of fresh air into the lineup and I think that Melb will surprise.

Lots of scoring potential.

Reply #45629 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754