Ricky
Years ago

United's new court projection

Have to give props, pretty good. Gotta be a matter of time before my Cats one up them at the Arena with their own.

http://www.melbourneutd.com.au/nbl-video/29160/

Topic #38990 | Report this topic

Haz  
Years ago

Love it. Basketball in Melbourne is really doing well now. I know they can't do that all the time, but hope there is more of the same in the future.

Reply #577977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice appetiser to get ppl to buy semi tickets which are historically the worst selling tickets.

Reply #577980 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Seems like a few NBA teams been using for a couple years or more.. good job from LK going to get ideas from the worlds best league as promised.

Next years hashtag #Showtime

Would love to see this at Brisbane's first game with all the history they have to use to refresh fans memories.

Reply #577982 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

meanwhile in Adelaide

"we will ..we will rock you'

like a bad dream from the 80's repeating non-stop

Reply #577986 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

STOMP STOMP CLAP! STOMP STOMP CLAP!

Reply #577987 | Report this post

Just Very Old  
Years ago

""meanwhile in Adelaide

"we will ..we will rock you'

like a bad dream from the 80's repeating non-stop""

all thanks to Rocket Rod, may his really bad mix tape live on forever. Although he was a better DJ than ref,

Reply #578001 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I assume it looks like random garbage to anyone not sitting around the camera? Not sure how much of a draw it is for the other 75% of the stadium.

TBH I'd rather Perth gave it a miss; there's enough random "entertainment" garbage to get in the way of the game as it is. Better ways to spend the money.

Reply #578007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the video it was very unusual. If it was in 3D fair enough, but if that's the case no point in posting a 2D version.

Reply #578009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

huh??

Reply #578011 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol!

Reply #578016 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks good in the video. What was the reaction like at the game?

If this is something the NBL can do that turf sports cannot do as effectively, then do it.

Reply #578038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#SHOWTIME

Love it...

Reply #578044 | Report this post

36Boggers  
Years ago

Ha ha, nice one Cat!

Reply #578060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This season United's MAIN new court projection were the refs calling suspect fouls their way to give them more wins.

That 3D thing has nothing compared to what I just outlined.

Reply #578103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United were projected into first

Reply #578104 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Damn, 6 figures up to a mil, U.S.

http://www.biztechmagazine.com/article/2014/09/philadelphia-76ers-and-cleveland-cavaliers-hit-floor-3d-court-projector-technology

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/stadium-arena/showtime-turning-playing-surfaces-into-3d-video-boards.html

Reply #578114 | Report this post

"I assume it looks like random garbage to anyone not sitting around the camera? Not sure how much of a draw it is for the other 75% of the stadium."

The projection comes from directly above the court so no-one is sitting near the camera.

Was at the game and did have a similar view to the video. If you were on the other side, some of the images would be upside down, but the 3D effects of the court falling away, ball rising etc would be visible from any location.

Got good applause at the end. I thought it was very good. Being my first game for the season I didn't realise it was the first time it was used. Also when the players ran out, had their picture, name and number plastered across the floor which looked pretty good. Just adds something to the pre-game

Reply #578173 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The projection comes from directly above the court so no-one is sitting near the camera.

Was at the game and did have a similar view to the video.
Y'all are just screwing with me now, right?

Right?

Reply #578189 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think he means he was sitting near the video camera that recorded the projection rather than the projector which was above the court.

Reply #578199 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Of course that's what he means. That's also what I meant, which is why I said "camera" and not "projector".

Reply #578235 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Camera ... projector ... same thing. Get off your high horse, kr :p

Reply #578237 | Report this post

He should stop projecting his arrogance!

Reply #578240 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Still waiting for Blacked Out starting fives at the Arena.. add a court projection then it'll be awesome.

Like the way the Magic made content available for all sides by using that old 'rotate clockwise' trick. ;)

Reply #578242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AS I said earlier and everyone huh'd me, its pointless posting a video projection that is in 3D and posting it here in 2d.

Reply #578243 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

You're right. It doesn't do justice to a full 3D production projected onto a real basketball court by just showing it in youtube on a computer screen that only has 2 dimensions.

Reply #578244 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Also has anyone noticed that all the videos taken of these 3D shows are always recorded from the same location as the camera?

Reply #578246 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

AS I said earlier and everyone huh'd me, its pointless posting a video projection that is in 3D and posting it here in 2d.
Sometimes I wish Dr. Strangelove was a documentary.

Reply #578247 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's not true Luuuc, some are projected onto the video that nobody's near.

Reply #578248 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

No worries, will ask them to remove it from the NBL website...

No wait, I have an idea.

Maybe it's because they wanted to show people who weren't at the game how it looked like. I could be wrong.

Reply #578253 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh Ricky what a pity you don't understand

Reply #578254 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

But Luuuc, he said it was "pointless", not "doesn't do justice" as you mentioned.

The point is to show.

Unless I'm still wrong and don't understand, please enlighten me, my brain doesn't get back into gear at work until Thursdays, at which point it shows off again after Friday lunch lol.

My definition of pointless would be posting a behind the scenes photoshoot of WAGS before the NBL awards ceremony, but I could probably find a point behind it if I thought hard enough.

Reply #578255 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sorry Ricky, don't mind me. I'm just amusing myself at this point.

My only genuine comment on the matter is that I too am curious about what percentage of the crowd it looks impressive to.

Reply #578256 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

(the 3D parts, I mean.
Obviously the 2D parts will look fine to anyone in the stadium that has a laptop or a smart phone or sits near the projector)

Reply #578257 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Roughly 20-25% I'd imagine, haha.

100% if they adopt "Rotate" and "Portrait Mode"

Reply #578258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754