NBL 2016
Years ago

Kevin lisch injury

Anyone got any update sad to see feel for the poor guy.

I'd like to see perh win it all this year but it's sad to see injuries in finals would love Illawarra to have every chance.

Unfortuantly it's sport

Topic #39036 | Report this topic

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Someone said he broke his ankle? Having an mri to confirm. Sad to see like that, great bloke and a great player. Hard for Illawarra to get two wins in a row with out him.

Reply #579045 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

After the game Bevo said he expected Lisch would definitely miss Game 2

Not a medical diagnosis but yeah, sounds bad.

Such a shame.

Reply #579047 | Report this post

NBL 2016  
Years ago

Very sad to see

Reply #579048 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Looks like we're going to have another f'ing Perth vs New Zealand Grand Final series.

Reply #579051 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

As much as I don't want to see either of those teams win it, I think it'd be a very close, tense series.

Reply #579052 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

ie: There wouldn't be any uncompetitive matches.

Whilst last night's Perth vs Hawks match wasn't "uncompetitive", there was just this feeling of inevitability about it all from half time onwards.

Reply #579053 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"It's not good, it looks pretty bad. It blew up straightaway and he is in an enormous amount of pain. We play again in less than 36 hours so I’d say he has next to no chance of playing, so it looks like his season is over," Beveridge said.

“We’ll try and get him on the midnight flight to get home and get it X-rayed straightaway. But there’s no chance he’s playing this weekend.”

“I’m devastated for the guy, absolutely devastated for him and for the team. When we have our 10 players on the floor, we are legitimately one of the best teams of the league,” he said.

“But it’s really hard to go against a super power like Perth when you don’t have a player like Lisch in the team, it’s as simple as that. I don’t know how you can possibly win in this environment without your best team.”

Refreshing honesty there from Bevo.

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/devastated-beveridge-rules-out-lisch-for-game-2/

Reply #579054 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Gaze was spot on with his comment re: Lisch's shoes, too. I think any person who plays basketball for a living and wears low-cut sneakers is nuts. Not saying it would've necessarily stopped the ankle injury from happening, but it might have made it not nearly as severe.

Reply #579066 | Report this post

Jackson G  
Years ago

Apparently they are going to be a Hawk-less Illawara Lischs.

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/sf1-report-wildcats-overpower-hawks-less-lisch/

Reply #579081 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hope its not too serious and he makes a full recovery.

Gotta be honest, without his injury Perth probably would have lost last night.

Reply #579091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow lucky Wildcats.

Reply #579092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz your psychic abilities amaze me. Your stupid comments just make me shake my head!

Reply #579129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that is why Perth was 4-0 prior to last night with Lisch playing in all those games? face it, perth are the better team. Personally I think the Breakers will win it all though.

Reply #579133 | Report this post

All anons should be considered to be the same person.

Reply #579148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I only posted the first one. ;)
Anyone can be anyone on this forum.

Reply #579151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTW Dazz isn't the only moron on this forum.

Reply #579152 | Report this post

Larry 33  
Years ago

"I think Gaze was spot on with his comment re: Lisch's shoes, too. I think any person who plays basketball for a living and wears low-cut sneakers is nuts."

Is there any science to show that high-tops actually reduce the risk of injury?

My own experience is that I had several ankle sprains wearing high-tops over the years but when I started wearing proper ankle guards (at the request from my physio) I was ankle-injury-free. And when I had the ankle guards, I wore mid cut shoes. Maybe the high tops stopped minor ankle rolls, but coming down hard or landing on someone's foot led to sprains.

Reply #579251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy to tape or wear ankle braces to prevent many injuries regardless of what shoes you wear. If he doesn't tape at the very least more fool him.

Reply #579254 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

The Haks posted this last night...

After flying home ahead of his teammates last night Kevin Lisch had an MRI on his injured ankle sustained in last nights semi final game v Perth Wildcats.

Early diagnosis has shown a significant lateral ligament tear and although ruled out for the remainder of the Semi Final Series against Perth there is an outside chance Lisch could return should Illawarra qualify for the Grand Final Series.

https://instagram.com/p/BCAQkcTsJW1/

Reply #579311 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Early on, I was told that low-cuts might be bad for ankles but high-cuts are bad for knees.

If you step on someone's foot and the ankle can't roll cos of wearing high-cuts then there's more risk for the knee.

Reply #579353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754