Aussie
Years ago

Crowd numbers for Semi finals?

Melbourne looked around 6,000

Perth looked around 10,000

Anyone know the official crowd numbers for these two games?

Topic #39037 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

In the Herald Sun they listed the Melbourne crowd

5,500 and something.

Reply #579068 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Really would be nice to make the Grand final, as United could go close to filling Rod Laver if they played Perth in a GF

Reply #579069 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks LV, just found it 5532.

Anyone know the Perth crowd number?

Reply #579071 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As I mentioned in the game thread, it didn't look like a particularly great Perth crowd with a number of empty seats.

Reply #579074 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's funny how everything is relative. There were probably 10,000 there, which is outstanding for an NBL game, but Perth have set the bar so high.

Realistically, when was the last time the NBL had 15-16,000 at the first two semi-final games? I'd guess it was a long time ago.

Reply #579076 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I doubt there were 10,000 there.

Reply #579080 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah I'm no crowd size judging expert my guess would be around 8k in the building last night.

I noticed that the 'Nickel' sections were chockers, while some of the adjacent sections had just the lightest dusting of fans, so I think that does say something about pricing in addition to the usual issues inherent to semi final game attendance.

Reply #579082 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

There were significantly more people at Perth Arena last night than last years semi final vs Cairns, and that was about 8700. I'd say there would of been between 9000 and 10000.

Reply #579085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb official crowd no. only known as a journalist for the Herald included it in his game report - 5532. Nothing on any Melb or NBL official sites.

Perth published every single one of their attendances until now. Lack of transparency when the numbers don't go your way. Again nothing from the Cats or NBL.

Does every NBL boxscore from scorers bench have the crowd no.?

Reply #579090 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I guess they need to strike a balance, and there's a point of diminishing return. If they have to drop prices to fill all seats, there's a point where their profit starts going backwards.

Reply #579093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good move by the league to have a week gap between semis and Grand Final if there are no SF Game 3s. A week to promote. Should have been this way for years but the previous bozos opted to compact the hell out of the playoffs.

Reply #579094 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

What dates/days IF 3 games are required for both Semi finals series?

What dates/days are the Grand Final series?

Reply #579098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2, 4 & 6 March.

Reply #579100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both SF Game 3 are scheduled for Fri 26 February, a double header.

Reply #579101 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perth's is scheduled for either the 26th or 27th, last I heard.

Reply #579102 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

IMHO its foolish to have game 2 1.5 days later, then 5 days to game 3

Reply #579103 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They're scheduling the games on the weekend.

Reply #579105 | Report this post

Weldz  
Years ago

IMHO it's foolish to think you'd know anything about programming games Dazz, there are so many variables to consider I'd doubt we'd even understand half of them

Reply #579106 | Report this post

Numbers  
Years ago

PER-ILL G1 official crowd figure was around 8700-odd.

Reply #579265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be nice if fans who are on scorebenches collaborated together on social media so we had a full list of crowd figures during the season. But I guess social media is purely for bs opinions/other nonsense and not information sharing.

Reply #579269 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Obviously they are programming games for their regular timeslots. Doesn't make it the best for the game though.
I don't know the extent of Lisch's injury, but any injury bad enough to end a game is not going to recover in a day and a half. So both series will likely end in a 2 game sweep, then everyone sits around for a week with their thumbs up their...

Reply #579286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth's is scheduled for either the 26th or 27th, last I heard."

Wrong, there is no or. Like I said it will be on the 26th.

Reply #579333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again no NZ crowd published. It's a conspiracy. #crowdgate

Reply #579334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does the afl also struggle with week 1 finals crowds?

Reply #579664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No official crowd numbers released except for the United one because the pro Tigers Herald journalist was using the paltry 5k to make a point against United.

Reply #579665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754