Isaac
Years ago

Boomers open with a win

Boomers got up over Lithuania in Perth, 71-66.

Boxscore

Worthington led with 17 while Bruton had 15. Saville added 12 points and 7 assists. Recent additions to the squad, Neilsen and Andersen had 9 and 7 respectively.

Jacob Holmes, the only Sixers rep, saw 5 minutes of action for two rebounds (0/3 FG).

Topic #3904 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Sydney Kings players surprisingly getting all of the court time...

Damn, Worthington looks like one hell of a pick up!

Reply #45542 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Worthington will be ROY by a long way.

Reply #45543 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd be interested to know if Brad Hill will still be eligible. Anyone know the rules on that?

Luke Kendall and Mark Worthington are two outstanding signings in successive years. I guess that offsets guys like Graeme Dann and BJ Carter who didn't really break into the Kings squad.

Reply #45546 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Having the Boomers coach as the coach of your club would be a massive advantage.

Anyone with aspirations to play Boomers ball would see the opportunity to play under Goorjian as too good to pass up.

You have to wonder if some of these young guns would have ended up in Adelaide if Phil was still coaching..

Reply #45552 | Report this post

FMJ  
Years ago

doubt it. you have to scout college players and approach them to even be in with a shot. remind me of the last 'directly out of college player' the sixers signed??

Reply #45559 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's quite a young team they have over there which in some ways good to see they are taking the time and opportunity to develop those younger players. They must also be on a rotational thing with starters otherwise I don't see why you would start Wade Helliwell and Alex Loughton. What is Pero doing on our team???

Reply #45571 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

The Kings have never had trouble recruiting big names and the best talent. It was happening long before Goorjian got there or got the Boomers job.

Reply #45596 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

In the cases of Kendall and Worthington, it's not been a matter of showing up when they finish college and putting in a bid. From what I heard/read, it seems Goorjian was involved with both long before they even went to college (and it may have been him that set them up there).

Reply #45611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754