Anonymous
Years ago

De-Lisch may play game 3

Bevo said he is a warrior and will be making every effort to play. This could make game 3 very interesting and exciting

Topic #39051 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

God I'd love to see the cats lose at home in front of those fans. Would be as good as a title! In fact they could have the Australia post title, not a real one big fan one ;)

Reply #579677 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Lisch told Bevo he was playing straight after the game.

Reply #579678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS GAME 3 IS GOING TO BE EPIC.

PERFECT REVENGE IF BEVO WINS

Reply #579681 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I'd love to see Perth lose by 1 point in triple overtime with Lisch taking the winning shot!!!

Reply #579697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time for Illwarra to finally get real vs. Perth in Perth. About time you won there boys!

Reply #579698 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

This will be massive!

Reply #579709 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

My concern is that he isn't 100%, over plays himself and ends up costing the Hawks the game. If he's 100% then I'm all for it - if not, then no dice.

Reply #579713 | Report this post

Just Very Old  
Years ago

Wildcats about to increase seat prices again ?

Reply #579724 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Great to hear he's a chance for game 3.
I wonder who NZ would prefer to meet in the GF.

Reply #579726 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Obviously Lisch makes big difference, he is the league MVP. But Hawks just won (comfortably) without him.
I'm not sure what the actual effect of HCA is, maybe psychological, but it seems real enough.
On that basis, things should go according to script, and Perth should win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reply #579730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has torn ligaments and will be no where near 100% fit, be great to see him play but if he does it will be very risky. Personally I doubt he could pass a fitness test but its finals and those rules go out the door.

Reply #579731 | Report this post

I wouldn't bet on them either Dazz. In fact, I got the Hawks at $2.95 for Friday, plus at $5.25 to win the series 2-1.

Reply #579736 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ is the guy I want to see come out with some fire in game 3. Knight and Jawai look a bit beat up, so take it right at them.

Reply #579737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They always look beat up. Jawai isn't the issue but knight is legit even when seemingly injured. Hawks simply need to make their 3s if that happens they win. Perth have no scoring power.

Reply #579757 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

'God I'd love to see the cats lose at home in front of those fans',
Ok, I know that Perth has the big arena and a fair stack of coin...but whats everyones deal with the fans? We cheer to loud? I was lucky enough to be at Game 2 those Hawks fans can get some volume. We boo fouls against or appeal for 'no calls'? show me a home crowd that doesn't.

Apart from the few (maybe 10 of 8000 members) that get on here and get you going there is no reason to hate on the fans, we pay the highest prices for a ticket in the league and still turn out in huge numbers in red a cheer on our team. Hate the money, hate the owner, Certainly hate Marvin and join us in hating Gleeson...but don't hate the fans.

Reply #579940 | Report this post

whitepodge  
Years ago

it's just easier to hate everyone...

Reply #579942 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Not sure why people hate on Perth fans. Yes, we have the biggest crowds in the league, but we're also in one of the biggest venues, so I'm not sure its any louder. Yes we jeer at calls we don't like, but that's better than some teams where the fans jeer EVERY call that goes against them.

Plus, the massive irony of complaining about Perth fans in a thread about Lisch. Perth fans still love Lisch and give him a cheer whenever he is announced.

Reply #579956 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

We are annoying as hell though, you have to admit :p

But every league needs a villain

Reply #579966 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Why do we hate Perth fans? Hmmm. Maybe it started when they booed Lindsay & Andrew Gaze after Tigers won the GF over there in the 90s.

Very poor sportsmanship, perhaps?

Reply #579979 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That was over 20 years ago, pretty sure 99% of the fans are different people now.

Reply #579982 | Report this post

You can post all sorts of unsubstantiated or vitriolic nonsense here like the Wildcats can't score, or Wagstaff is a thug, or 30 straight years of finals appearances isn't much of an achievement, or koberulz is a copy and paster, or even Nick Marvin single-handedly crashed the price of iron ore through his merchandise restrictions and you get a burst of applause from the rest of the anonymous window-lickers.

But dare say anything extreme like you think the Cats can win this week and its "OMG u r so arrogent i hate u so much, ur fans ar feral, like seriously get ur own forum"

Reply #579991 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bevo says Lisch has told him that he will play. Very keen not to miss the game despite the condition of his ankle.

Reply #580003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks paying $3.35.

Reply #580015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is it with ppl referencing Gazes being booed in a Grand Final. Nothing wrong it, Cats were in the middle of a dynasty and wanted to add yet another trophy to the mantle, we were really disapointed, I was shattered.

Reply #580065 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Why do we hate Perth fans? Hmmm. Maybe it started when they booed Lindsay & Andrew Gaze after Tigers won the GF over there in the 90s.

Since you obviously weren't there, and I WAS, let me explain what happened.

Firstly, it needs to be understood that this was undoubtedly one of the most "contentious" victories in NBL history. Even journalists would later assert that Perth was robbed and questioned whether the NBL had fixed the game. The root off this was the perception that the Cats had the game in the bag, and that only some questionable refereeing allowed the Tigers the win. The problem was that THREE of Melbourne's starters were on the verge of fouling out very early. IIRC it was Gaze, Simmons, and one other. Gaze snr had no choice but to play them in the 2nd half, and yet astonishingly not one of them picked up a single foul in the 2nd half. This of course necessitated some extremely dubious non-calls.
Now this is all ancient history, the result is what it is, but as somebody who sat through that 2nd half, the feeling of utter disbelief was gut-wrenching.

Now, on to the actual story. In those days Melbourne had a talentless dick whose only role was to intimidate and harass other plays. His name was Ray something. In every game they played, his only role was to harass Ricky Grace and put him of his game.
In game two Grace was ready for him, and simply refused to be distracted. So at half -time, whilst the players were walking to their rooms (in the bowels of the PEC) Ray tried to start a fight by punching Grace in the face. Whilst we weren't aware of it at the time, it made front page news in Perth, so for game 3 Ray was getting booed every time he stepped on the court.
Now, despite the feeling of loss, we tried to do the right thing and stay for the presentations. As Gaze got up to make his speech, Ray started prancing around and giving the finger to the Perth crowd with both hands. THAT is what set the crowd off.
I was their watching live. I cannot attest to what was shown on TV, and obviously those listening on the radio would only have heard the boos.

Reply #580588 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Back on topic, great to see Lisch back and playing, apparently without too many ill effects. Nothing but respect for this guy, really wish he was still a Wildcat.

Reply #580589 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Firstly, it needs to be understood that this was undoubtedly one of the most "contentious" victories in NBL history. Even journalists would later assert that Perth was robbed and questioned whether the NBL had fixed the game. The root off this was the perception that the Cats had the game in the bag, and that only some questionable refereeing allowed the Tigers the win. The problem was that THREE of Melbourne's starters were on the verge of fouling out very early. IIRC it was Gaze, Simmons, and one other. Gaze snr had no choice but to play them in the 2nd half, and yet astonishingly not one of them picked up a single foul in the 2nd half. This of course necessitated some extremely dubious non-calls.
That was game one, not game three.

And I've been hearing that story for years. Finally had the opportunity to actually watch the game myself a few weeks ago...it's not true.

Simmons, Bradtke, and Copeland were all in fairly serious foul trouble in the first half, but the most fouls to any one of them was four, IIRC, not the five people have claimed all of them were on (which was definitely not the case).

Two of them fouled out, one pretty early.

I also didn't feel like the refereeing was significantly in the favour of one team or the other. There were a couple of awful calls that went Perth's way.

Take away the emotion of the moment and it was no different to any other game of basketball.

Reply #580597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ray Gordon.

Reply #580599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754