Dazz
Years ago

Wildcats vs Hawks - G3 - pregame thread

I'm glad that Lisch is apparently not so seriously injured. Whether he plays or not, it bodes well for an early recovery.

It's strange, when talking about the league MVP, but I don't think he is the biggest factor. Perth won during the regular season against Lisch, and yesterday we saw the Hawks win comfortably without him.

This may also seem strange, but the way they are playing I would rather see the Cats bow out in the semis. They were flat early in game one, and but for the loss of Lisch and the usual (in Perth) last quarter fade by the Hawks, things could have been different. They were similarly flat for large patches of game two. They don't look like a team ready to win a championship. My concern is that losing a GF series would be "acceptable" but I hope losing in the semis would trigger some soul-searching. It's not what I ant to see, I want to see the Cats step up and play like championship contenders.

Players need to step up in finals. We saw a few Hawks do it yesterday, but nobody really has for Perth. Martin I'd say did in game one, Jawai (for whatever reasons) has gone backwards, others are basically playing at the same level. Prather & Beal are great players, but unless they really go to town they can't carry the team.

What really concerns me is that in the other series, we saw the advantage of seasoned finals campaigners. Where is THAT for Perth? The bulk of this team won a title two seasons ago, and the core has played in 4 GF's in the past 6 years. Yet they were outplayed by the newcomers.

Topic #39054 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Really looking forward to this. My Friday night will be scheduled around it :-)

I don't consider Beal a great player.

I expect Perth to win but want the Hawks to get it done.

Reply #579735 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Great" admittedly is a relative term. He's not in the Kevin Lisch or James Ennis category.
I just mean that they are two of our best players and so often get the job done, but unless they have a blinder its not enough without others stepping up.
I have been disappointed so far with Redhage. I was really hoping the old warhorse would step it up like Forman & Vukona come finals time.

Reply #579738 | Report this post

Larry 33  
Years ago

I know Perth are supremely confident of winning on Friday (even heard rumours they're talking about selling grand final tickets already?) but this game is gettable for the Hawks, even without Lisch.

In game 1, they lost Lisch early and had to make in-game adjustments. They were obviously better at making the adjustment in game 2.

Also, in game 1, despite losing Lisch, they were 10 points down with about a minute-and-a-half to go. However, in that game, Penney shot 2/9 3s, Rhys shot 1/4, a few shot 0/1.

If Penney had hit 2 more (to take him up to his season average) and a couple of others had dropped, then that lead with a minute-and-a-half to go disappears and its a different game. Hypothetical, I know, but the difference between shots dropping and not was the difference in the result (obviously!). And most of the shots that missed were good shots - they were quite makeable.

Reply #579758 | Report this post

" (even heard rumours they're talking about selling grand final tickets already?)"

To whom?

Reply #579768 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If the Hawks come to play with the same intensity and attitude they showed at home in game two, it is game on!

Looking forward to this and the final series...

Reply #579787 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Massive, massive game. It's been a pretty exciting season with a lot of interesting games (yes there has been some boring ones too for those "glass half empty" people)

Everyone's second team, the Hawks, travel to take on everyone's most disliked team, the Cats. It's the stuff of legend this game and if I were Cat's players and officials, I'ld be going with the browns jocks on Friday, and maybe bring a second pair just in case as I think this is going down to the wire.

The Hawks have lost 22 in a row in Perth and that can only mean one thing - a win is coming up. The Cats should have left them get a win during the minor rounds. Now, the pressure is on the Cats as the voodoo is very much up to be broken, and these kinds of voodoos in sport always seem to happen during finals.

The Hawks looked pretty good on the weekend and the Cats looked pretty average. It's almost as if they wanted a third game to get some revenue for the club. Momentum is with the Hawks and this should be a red, red flag to the Cats.

The long awaited tussle between Martin and Lisch may have to wait next season.

If the Hawks were smart, they'll bring over Saville and Campbell as well as the Old Red Fox. Imagine the inspirational speech those boys would give in the locker room. The Hawks would be walking barefoot on hot coals and the Cats could be throwing darts at them and they wouldn't hurt.

I'm going with the Hawks to put the Cat in the bag.

Reply #579795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I know Perth are supremely confident of winning on Friday (even heard rumours they're talking about selling grand final tickets already?)"

It reminds me of the Tigers wheeling out the championship trophy in the fourth quarter of a Game 4 then wheeling it away when the Kings made an epic comeback to win. GF 07 or 08 I believe.

Reply #579809 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hardly.
I imagine both teams have contingency plans for selling GF tickets. Just as everyone makes plans for game 3.

Reply #579843 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I am really hoping for big things from this game.
The Cats have plenty of time to recover, analyse, and plan. They are the better team, and should win. They just need to get their shit together and start playing like they deserve another championship. Haven't seen that so far this series, hence why I am hoping for a massive turnaround.

Reply #579844 | Report this post

Perth are definitely not selling GF tickets, at least not general admission or to members. They may be contacting those who purchase corporate boxes as they have been selling them for single games this finals, as opposed to "one in, all in" in previous years.

Reply #579849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the cats don't defend the pick and roll the wildcats loose.

Beal and Jawai playing defence on a pick and roll is easy money for any team this season.

Reply #579860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't feel the Cats are clearly the better team. They have home court but they are not as good as some think. They have no true go to scorers so it's all about their defence. Problem is, the Hawks can make any defence look very ordinary. Hoping for the Hawks to win this one and have a real interest in the GF series!

Reply #579865 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't feel the Cats are clearly the better team. They have home court but they are not as good as some think. They have no true go to scorers so it's all about their defence.
Disagree.
I have (naturally) watched every Cats game this season (some multiple times.) If they play to their potential, (as shown during the season) they will BURY the Hawks.
Not only are they a strong defensive team, they have great depth, and several scoring options.

Problem is that they have not played to anywhere near their potential this series, and in game two Hawks played out of their skins and shredded the Perth defence. If that happens again the Hawks will go really close to a win.

Reply #579866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any NBL team if they play at their potential could win any game, so that's not really a strong point for me. I don't think they have the scoring punch needed to go head to head with the Hawks in any gym IF the Hawks can make some wary 3's and set a tone.

Reply #579871 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm talking about demonstrated potential, as in how they played this season (at home). Which is not an unreasonable proposition.
They have demolished the Hawks three times in Perth this season. I'm not suggesting that such a performance is automatic, far from it, I'm worried.
But they have shown that they can bury the best teams, including the Hawks.

Reply #579877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz the Hawks have also demonstrated they can demolish the best in the league. If Lisch is in fact back I'm thinking its time for the torch to be passed, can see the Hawks winning a memorable one, shooting the Cats out of the gym.

Reply #579881 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Agree Dazz, if Perth play at their top form no one can run with them, however if the hawks get thier eye in from 3 and the cats D is off (like the 3rd qtr in game 2) this could be ugly again. Larry33, cats fans are most certainly not 'supremely confident', we've been pumped in 2 of our last 4 games. I think we'll win...but don't ask me to put money on it.

Reply #579945 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The Hawks and Cats have played 6 times this season.
The three games in Perth were all easy wins to the Cats.
The games in the Gong netted two close wins to the Cats and one easy win to the Hawks.

Based on that record, this should be another easy win for the Cats, and if they get their shit together it will be. I'm sorry, but ONE game in the Gong does not constitute a new reality. Sunday's game is no basis for predicting a win on Friday.
As I've said, I don't fully understand why road games are so tough, but the Cats have been ordinary on the road, and almost unstoppable in Perth. That is the reality.

IF we make the GF, I am nervous about facing NZ, because I can't remember the last time we won there. But I'm sure it's NOT a ten year losing streak!

I am not "supremely confident." As I have repeatedly said, Jawai seems injured, Perth were flat at the start of game 1, our defence was shredded in game 2, and we have lost our ascendancy on the boards. I am HOPING we play like championship aspirants on Friday and reverse these deficiencies. If we do, we will win. If we don't, we won't.

Reply #579952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't be confident either. And I wouldn't be basing any of current confidence on any of the season matches. Those games weed along time back and mean nothing compared to the now. The last 2 is all that I'd be focussing on, and they show that game 3 will be no walk in the park for the unbeatable Cats.

Reply #579985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks at home v Hawks on the road are 2 completely different animals.

Especially without Lisch.

Reply #580010 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Even if Lisch plays how effective is he going to be playing on a dodgy ankle?

Wildcats Vs Breakers Final is what I am expecting.

Reply #580031 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If there is one thing I have learned about this NBL season, it is that we need to expect the unexpected...

Reply #580036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro to answer that, would you be comfortable leaving him wide open on the perimeter? If you say yes, then sure he is a liability, if no, then that helps the Hawks a lot. This is there for the Hawks to make some legit noise, think the cats lack of offense is going to be exposed. Can't wait for this one!

Reply #580039 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So we shouldn't base anything on reality?
So the Hawks will obviously win, then win the GF in 2, because they won ONE game? Get Real.

If you want to talk about recent? Umm OK, Hawks recently played in Perth. Perth slept through the first quarter, then rolled the Hawks like a cheap fag.

I'm not "confident" of a Cats win, but neither should anybody be so "confident" of a Hawks win...

Reply #580063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth has any pride they will come out breathing fire after that display of poor defence and lack of energy in the second half of Sunday's outing.They looked dis-interested .

Reply #580064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one can predict what will happen that's why they play the games on court not on paper. So all your aruging is for nothing. Sometimes trends continue sometimes they get broken.

Reply #580068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In other words: time will tell.

Reply #580069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Penney play the last regular season game in Perth? Because without him that kinda makes that regular season game pretty pointless to go off. But like the above anon said its sports anything can happen, Dazz I just like your reactions sometimes, your a passionate thread master ;)

Reply #580071 | Report this post

Bolo Yeung  
Years ago

"The Penney will drop in Game 3" - Matt Knight

Reply #580090 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

The only reason I have any remaining interest in the NBL at this stage of the season is because the Hawks are there. If it is a Perth-NZ GF I'll be tuning out.

Reply #580118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz makes a good point about taking a step back and looking at the overall body of work. But there is just'something' about this Hawks team which has cats fans worried. Perhaps it is the lisch and bevo factor

Reply #580169 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"The only reason I have any remaining interest in the NBL at this stage of the season is because the Hawks are there. If it is a Perth-NZ GF I'll be tuning out."

Just out of curiosity Wilson, is that because your sick of seeing a Perth V NZ final, or you don't particularly like either of those teams?

From memory there have been some cracker games between Perth V NZ games in recent times. Not sure why any fan of the game would tune out for those games.

Reply #580170 | Report this post

"But there is just'something' about this Hawks team which has cats fans worried. Perhaps it is the lisch and bevo factor"

Its just the fact they are a really good team who had a great second half to the season.

Reply #580172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And like mentioned old household names coming into the cats building and knocking them out. The script is perfectly written! Hawks once they got Martin back were always going to be a legit contender, now even with Lisch questionable they are there.

Reply #580183 | Report this post

The names are irrelevant. I don't care whether its Lisch and Bevo, or some names with no links to the club, we just don't want to lose and there is a decent chance of that happening.

Reply #580184 | Report this post

Bolo Yeung  
Years ago

Wildcats will win, don't be silly.

The chances of the Hawks owning the Cats twice and Coenraad and Forman going off again? Unlikely.

Reply #580186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The names aren't irrelevant to everyone Chalmers. That is simply your own opinion. Lisch a former MVP for the club and now current MVP for another club also being coached by a guy who coached a title in WA, I'd say their are a lot of cats fans that are conferenced purely based on what they know more than others what those names can produce.

Reply #580187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Concerned is the word I was after there not conferenced!

Reply #580189 | Report this post

Sorry, I thought you were saying that Cats fans would be more upset to lose to a team with a former player/coach than another team. I was just saying that I don't want to lose to anyone.

Reply #580190 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Train, I think it's a combination of the schedule going weird at this time of year (why have a big rush between games 1 and 2 but then a decent break till game 3), a little bit of sick of Perth vs NZ (it's always nice to see an outsider in finals in any sport) and a lot of I just don't like Perth (this is more about not liking Redhage, Hire and Wagstaff, and the leniency afforded to Damien Martin - the Wildcats franchise themselves I have a great deal of respect for).

Plus I'm a cheapskate so only watch the FTA games or attend home games, so with the Taipans out that only means watching the one FTA game a week.

Reply #580192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch trained properly for the first time, so looks like he will be playing. This game has capabilities to be huge for the NBL, from a spectacle point of view.

Reply #580194 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lisch saying he's a better than 50% chance of playing.

Reply #580202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brilliant news for the Hawks, if they go down swinging, at worst you want to go down with your best guys swinging for the win.

Reply #580203 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"why have a big rush between games 1 and 2 but then a decent break till game 3"

I thought it was just me that felt like the 5 day break between games killed the finals' momentum. 4 games in 4 days then almost a full week off? I wonder how many sport fans who were watching NBL finals up to Sunday will switch over to the AFL pre season games? Those games will resume tonight after a 4 day break.

Reply #580229 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they aim for week end games where possible. The first four games ran Thurs-Sun.

If it gives Lisch time to get fit and make this a series contest, then no one should complain!

(I do think Perth will smack them though regardless of Lisch playing. But I hope they won't.)

Reply #580238 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

The GF dates are....packed into 5 days!!

I hope Hawks get the win here. They are everyone's 2nd team this year. What is not to love about Lisch!

Reply #580240 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Meh, have to except that in practically any game non-Perth fans want Perth to lose. It's a weird psychological condition, you could probably write a book on it, but it is what it is, I have stopped trying to understand it.
As for this being some massive spectacle, and a game for the ages, I think the 5 day break (and no g3 in the other series) is making people bored. It's a game. An important outcome is no guarantee that the game itself will be anything special.
Knowing Perth, there's a reasonable chance it will be a defensive brawl.

Reply #580242 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Take Flophage, Wagshit, Hire and that dumbs hit court announcer out of the Wildcats and I think everyone likes them.....oh, and a few different songs during their games wouldn't hurt either. Lol

#sameeveryweek

Reply #580246 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I hope Hawks get the win here. They are everyone's 2nd team this year.
Did you bother to consult anyone, much less everyone, before saying that, or are you just making it up?

I'd wager the only place Illawarra is the second team of even most people is Townsville.

Reply #580247 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well they've certainly been my 2nd team for several years.

Awesome to read that Lisch is a real chance of playing.

Reply #580260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than 50% means he shouldn't play.
It's game 3. Let's hope he isn't a liability.

Reply #580262 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Yes, I understand. If we stopped being good at baketball, and stopped making the finals, then after 20 years of "haha yooz d-serve it cos Perf suks," people might get over it...

Well at least we don't use a two-syllable chant for a monosyllable name. When Wollongong start chanting for the Whore-Orks, it conjures up really alarming images.

And for the record, the only place where the Hawks are "everybody's second team" is Wollongong.

Reply #580263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Dazz. That should be Illawarra. Douche.

Reply #580266 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol

I'll wager of the 5 teams out of contention that the majority of fans want the Hawks to take the chocolates this year.

Reply #580271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No koberulz most people I've spoken with in the know besides your own knowledgeable self say the Hawks are their team always have been. Weird but true. Dazz with the amount of stuff you post on here your should be 10 books in! Problem for the cats is you mix in such players like Redhage and wagstaff in with a arrogant fan base that has always rebutted everyone about everything on such media sources as this and your going to cop the hate. Deal with it boys. Go Hawks go!!

Reply #580299 | Report this post

If you don't like people rebutting you, don't talk so much shit. Deal with it.

Reply #580300 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol

Reply #580301 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

This ain't going to be easy Lisch or no Lisch. They have some serious shooters. The key for the Wildcats is to get Foreman into foul trouble as he has to play as a big. He cannot shoot three's if he's on the bench, plus means Coneraad has to then play tall inside.

Wildcats have been up and down this year, so who knows which team will turn up.

Defensively Martin has to go to Penny if Lisch isn't out there. I'd think about it even if he is. Prather has shown he cannot go with him. Let him take Martin or a less than 100% Lisch. Penny is good at drawing the foul, and Martin is a bit smarter and also his defensive history as best defensive player numerous times gives him more leeway it seems :).

Reply #580313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch past his fitness test at Warrick Stadium this morning. Will play tonight.

Reply #580328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*passed

Reply #580330 | Report this post

Caps Fan  
Years ago

"
"I know Perth are supremely confident of winning on Friday (even heard rumours they're talking about selling grand final tickets already?)"

It reminds me of the Tigers wheeling out the championship trophy in the fourth quarter of a Game 4 then wheeling it away when the Kings made an epic comeback to win. GF 07 or 08 I believe. "

not as big a fail as when Graf had the caps spent over $10,000 on several thousand "Three peat Dynasty' T-shirts .

Reply #580331 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Does anyone know approximately how many tickets have been sold for tonight's game at Perth Arena so far?

Reply #580333 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Who wins?

Depends on how the referees referee the game.

And I don't mean in terms of bias/favouring one team.

I mean as in whether they call the game tightly or allow a free-flowing game.

If it's called as a tight, stop-start game, then Perth will, IMO, win in a canter as it suits their style.

If it's free flowing, up and down with minimal referee intervention, I will lean towards the Hawks.

Reply #580334 | Report this post

*sigh*

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/39071-game-tempo-in-wildcats-hawks-series/#p580308

Reply #580336 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

"Does anyone know approximately how many tickets have been sold for tonight's game at Perth Arena so far?"

It would want to be plenty more than game 1.

Reply #580340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WILDCATS are not selling GF tickets, whoever are suggesting this are seriously fixated about the wildcats and want to create any negativity towards them.

Some may find below arrogant, but those who know, its good management, you have to preplan and stay ahead or you will be left behind. Note it says SHOULD and IF.

Dear Member,
Should our Perth Wildcats be victorious in tonight's game they will progress to the 2016 Swisse NBL Grand Final Series, and game one of the series will be played at Perth Arena on Wednesday 2 March with tip-off at 6:30pm.
Priority access for members to purchase tickets to this game will go on sale immediately after tonight’s do-or-die game (approximately 8:30pm WST) if the Wildcats win. Please note that with the short turn around in fixtures, this priority period will strictly close at 12noon this Sunday 28 February.
Further information on purchasing tickets to the Grand Final Series will be emailed to you tonight should the Perth Wildcats qualify.
Membership staff will be on hand at Perth Arena tonight at the front of Granite Room to assist anyone wishing to purchase their Grand Final game one tickets immediately after the game. Support staff can also be contacted at the Perth Wildcats office on 6272 0777, 9am - 5pm on Saturday and 9am – 12noon Sunday if the Perth Wildcats qualify.
Cheer loudly at tonight’s game and help the Perth Wildcats get to another NBL Grand Final!

Reply #580344 | Report this post

Apparently the Ticketek website had the GF game 1 blurb up after SF game 2, instead of the SF game 3. Obviously that was the doing of Nick Marvin and his never-ending arrogance so we must thank Boti for pointing this out to us because he is always impartial when discussing them.

Reply #580346 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

OMG they're already talking grand finals at the Wildcats. Arrogant!!!!

Reply #580347 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes i recall a picture on ATF.net showing a blurb describing that Perth had made it to another GF appearance.

Was that not the doing of Perth (i.e. a third party error)? - genuine question.

Reply #580350 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That was a ticketek.com.au stuff-up. Not the Wildcats.

Reply #580352 | Report this post

They would have had two blurbs to go with - a GF game 1, or a SF game 3. Somehow, the wrong blurb got sent to Ticketek, or posted by Ticketek. You'd assume it was human error somewhere long the line, not a deliberate act as if them making the GF was a foregone conclusion.

Reply #580353 | Report this post

That is to say, even if the error was caused by someone from the club sending through the wrong details, its not the big deal that people would have you believe.

Reply #580354 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Illawarra, let's do this. Come on!

Reply #580355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WILDCATS are not selling GF tickets, whoever are suggesting this are seriously fixated about the wildcats and want to create any negativity towards them.

Some may find below arrogant, but those who know, its good management, you have to preplan and stay ahead or you will be left behind. Note it says SHOULD and IF.

Dear Member,
Should our Perth Wildcats be victorious in tonight's game they will progress to the 2016 Swisse NBL Grand Final Series, and game one of the series will be played at Perth Arena on Wednesday 2 March with tip-off at 6:30pm.
Priority access for members to purchase tickets to this game will go on sale immediately after tonight’s do-or-die game (approximately 8:30pm WST) if the Wildcats win. Please note that with the short turn around in fixtures, this priority period will strictly close at 12noon this Sunday 28 February.
Further information on purchasing tickets to the Grand Final Series will be emailed to you tonight should the Perth Wildcats qualify.
Membership staff will be on hand at Perth Arena tonight at the front of Granite Room to assist anyone wishing to purchase their Grand Final game one tickets immediately after the game. Support staff can also be contacted at the Perth Wildcats office on 6272 0777, 9am - 5pm on Saturday and 9am – 12noon Sunday if the Perth Wildcats qualify.
Cheer loudly at tonight’s game and help the Perth Wildcats get to another NBL Grand Final!

Reply #580359 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Wow, Boti is still going on about it

"Is tonight the night? Does Illawarra leave its consecutive losses in Perth at Jordan's famous number ? (23 ... not 45) Or will the Wildcats’ premature announcement of playing for their seventh NBL title prove prophetic?"

Reply #580378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"not as big a fail as when Graf had the caps spent over $10,000 on several thousand "Three peat Dynasty' T-shirts ."

HAHAHA Graf is such a douche!

Reply #580381 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hi,
Jaimee Rogers here with the latest NBL odds.

Hawks price has come in from > $3 since the good Lisch news but they're still reasonable value in a 2 horse race.

Wildcats $1.42
Hawks $2.88
Margin -5.5 points
Over/Under: 168.5

Good luck and I hope you back a winner.

Reply #580393 | Report this post

Thanks Jamieee

Reply #580396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chalmers you would rebut at your own funeral your that infuriating. Can't imagine how much of a tool of a know it all you would've been in a class room! God I hope the Hawks win, just for the fan base on here that tries to dominate every thread alone.

Reply #580398 | Report this post

Yeah, Cats fans, stop commenting in the threads about Cats game and Cats issues. Anon said so.

Reply #580400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chalmers Jamiee is spelt with 2 'E's' not 3 as you posted above. Just correcting you on this.

Reply #580401 | Report this post

R@nD0m  
Years ago

As a born and bred west aussie, I too hope the Hawks get up - And that's not because Bevo made me sign up to be a Member at the start of the year haha!

Wildcats fans are quickly becoming the West Coast 'Chardonnay Club' Eagles type supporters of the NBL - Arrogant, Cocky yet don't give any opposition teams half the respect they deserve. Be nice to see some of the users on here (SC comes to mind...) eat some humble pie and see if they can refrain from blaming the refs, the commentators, the sound system at Perth Arena, the poor teenager on the food stand charging you way too much for nowhere near enough for the price chips... And just say "Hey, we lost to the better team." And if not tonight, then in a weeks time when the Breakers WILL win it if the Cats do make it that far.

Reply #580402 | Report this post

No but Luuuc is spelt with 3 'U's' and as he posted it, I added the extra 'e' to the name Jamiee.

I can't imagine you made much of an impact in the classroom.

Reply #580403 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh R@nD0m... what tripe. "lost to the better team" LOL! The Wildcats are the better team. That is already established. So IF we lose, which we won't, it can only be due to other factors outside the team's control. Or alternatively, match fixing. But that seems unlikely. And btw I would never blame the high price of the chips for a Wildcats loss. The two are not connected. The chips price is what ruins the whole game night experience. Costing us wins lies squarely at the feet of the corrupt refs. Duhh.

Reply #580408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks by 12, and it will be glorious.

Reply #580412 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I can't wait for this.

Fuck, it's going to be huge.

Reply #580415 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

*Generic angry and antagonistic post*

Reply #580416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^That is pretty much the way all Cats related posts go, or threads that Cats related types decide to get involved in and belittle everyone...

Reply #580417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats fan here and really turned off the team when online reading up on NBL because Perth supporters are so rude and arrogant. But come to think of it most of the city of Perth are like that with rude and non respectful bogans so I shouldn't be surprised.

Reply #580426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Careful Chalmers will hunt you down and copy paste you until you change your opinion and believe they are all modest! It reminds of the Yankees and Pies in the AFL, the players are one thing the team is another, the fan bases are the reason you love seeing those teams lose, they have nothing else happening i guess, and are so obsessed with their team, they rip into anyone who dare argues their superiority.

Reply #580428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth is a boring city no doubt which adds to the seriousness with which the ferals take their Wildcats. Not much else on.

Nice comparison to Yankees fans they are quite abrupt as well.

Reply #580431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yankees also exorbitant pricing which their fans still lap up identical to the Wildcats.

Reply #580433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went to a Yankees game as a tourist and enjoyed it for what it was, but man you can see why they are a hated franchise. Ironically much like Derek Jeter who was all class, so is a Damian Martin, its the people who support them that are the irritation! Cat comment about Perth as a city, ive only heard nice things about it.

Reply #580435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

City is okay but it's the people.

Reply #580436 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

looks like its Troll season again.

Seriously can't wait for this game to start. Haven't been this nervous before watching a game for yonks. Hope Lisch is good to go and may the best team win. Go Wildcats :)

Reply #580437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No trolling, just 2 people who believe it or not arent on the cats nuts. Looking forward to this one too. Feels very much like a GF game 3!

Reply #580438 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol, damn Perth is full of bogans.

As a dude who has spent a lot of time in Perth for work I have never seen anything like it.

Can't wait for tonight's game!!

Bring it :)

Reply #580439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep I live in Perth it is full of rude bogans. Doesn't mean everyone is but a good proportion are which is sad.

Reply #580443 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Expecting minimalist crowd again. Apparently flogging off half price tickets in the last 4 hours...

Reply #580447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow half price tickets.

Good luck with the Wednesday game even if it is a GF Game 1 (if they make it).

Reply #580450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

half price tickets? so only $100 for a middle of the range seat?

Reply #580451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

‏@PerthWildcats
Time to start getting up and about #RedArmy! Let us know if you're on your way in.

now theyre worried that even people who already bought tickets wont bother showing up LOL

Reply #580452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats really know how to treat their supporters.

The ones who decided not to make it based on price may not even find out about the half priced tickets in such a narrow four hour window. So random walkups benefit only. Way to support your loyal fans.

The gravy train is slowly waning.

Reply #580453 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Expecting minimalist crowd again."

Was going to don my usual red wildcats polo but I might change to all black everything so I don't feel out of place.
Also instead of "Let's go Wildcats, let's go!" I will only be chanting "Let's go Wildcats"

Reply #580454 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol

Worth cheering for the empty seats.

Reply #580455 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

So...81 minutes until tip off.

Esky loaded....here we go!

Reply #580461 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"Apparently flogging off half price tickets in the last 4 hours..."

Where are you getting this info ?

Reply #580467 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Wildcats keys to victory

Offence: Casey Prather needs to get going, and then stay out of foul trouble

Defence: Please miss lots of your shots, Hawks. Pretty please.

Reply #580468 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol

Keys to victory....Lisch and Penney get going.

Reply #580470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many games straight have Hawks lost in Perth?

Reply #580477 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

2 minutes!!

Reply #580482 | Report this post

Caps Fan  
Years ago

Hawks to hit 70% of their 3's and just scrape it in by 5.

Reply #580488 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Refs keeping Perth in front with those last couple of calls

Reply #580495 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Agreed,

Refs want Perth to win,

Reply #580498 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Perth have the energy right now.

Hawks can't let them get breaks like that last Prather alley

Pick up the energy or go home Hawks

Reply #580499 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Looks like these refs have a good Hawks bet on....

Who is going to catch them? Tim Donaghy got away with it for years...you think the NBL can catch cheating refs that bet on games? LOLOL

Reply #580503 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Jawai is throwing his weight around tonight and getting away with it.

As I write they finally call a foul on him for the moving screen. Third time it's happened in past few mins tho.

I was going to say good luck doing that vs Breakers bigs

Reply #580504 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ is a mental midget in this building.

Reply #580506 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

"Oh look, Perth are skipping ahead, we better start to call some fouls on the Cats so the Hawks get to the line, how else are we going to cash our Hawks that we placed" - Refs

Reply #580508 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Beautiful work by Penney to milk the Redhage foul there.

Reply #580515 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

If you couldnt bet on NBL games, referees would be acting completely different.

Reply #580519 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tempo = Fixing Troll?

Reply #580521 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hawks full court press on the inbound is basically a layup drill for Perth... need to just shut that down.

Reply #580523 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

18 FTs to 6 LOLOL AND STILL LOSING.

The refs must be shaking in there boots because they are in real danger of losing there Hawks bets....

Reply #580525 | Report this post

Larry 33  
Years ago

OK. About my comments about Perth "selling" GF tickets: my wife heard it from someone. I couldn't substantiate it. But people above have said it was on Ticketek and attributed to human error.

As to the game: fix the flapping passes, Hawks. Then your shooting can take care of itself. But too mant turnovers = not enough shots.

Reply #580530 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Perth and NZ are easily best two defensive teams. So this will be an intense, physical, evenly matched GF

Reply #580541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tempo why don't you get off here and go have a live bet? You do realise you can bet on any single sporting event in the world now live? Goodbye troll.

Reply #580545 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tempo one of those folks who thinks both teams should shoot the same amount of FTs no matter how they play.

So, who's excited for a NZ-Perth Final?!?!

bring on 2016/17.

Reply #580554 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Looks like its the "Perth Bogan's" going through to the Grand Final. We might be bogans....but atleast we are winners. #7championships

Reply #580563 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hawks in a great position moving fwd

Just need slightly better or more fitting players around their big 3. Keeping the big 3 obviously key tho

Reply #580565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Train don't be proud, it's a sad thing when in the scheme of it NBL basketball is allll you guys have!

Reply #580617 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Need some tissues Anon?

Reply #580623 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754