Anonymous
Years ago

Shawn Dennis re-signs for 2yrs

Crocs will announce officially tomorrow the Dennis has re-signed to coach Townsvile for 2 more years. Dennis was heavily chased by the Sydney Kings but chose to stay in Townsville to finish some unfinished business.

Now onto trying to sign some of the team from this year especially Nick Kay and Clint Steindl who will have some aggressive pursuers in free agency. Mitch Norton will also be a target.

Topic #39060 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I think Steindl will be very popular with other clubs.

Reply #579958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His first option is Europe

Reply #579961 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm encouraged by that note that the Kings were chasing him.

Reply #579965 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Good sign for the Crocs they are pretty confident they'll stick around.

Reply #579980 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Win!!!

Great news. Hoping we can get back the rest of our core group now. Promising signs for the crocs.

Hopefully the Sales Manager position they have been advertising gets a stud so they can get some bums in seats and continue the momentum.

Playoffs 16/17, championship 17/18... one can hope.

Reply #579983 | Report this post

Anon08  
Years ago

If Townsville have signed SD for 2 years then that is great to hear.
He did a great job the last 2 years and especially this year when Cronklin got the boot.
Really glad he did not sign with the Kings because he would have been told what to do not been able to do what he wanted to do.
Smart decision.
Good luck for the future and you would think Townsville are going to be around(fingers crossed) for a while yet and not dropping out even with Brisbane coming in.

Reply #579994 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

He will at least give the franchise some stability and keep some roster continuity so they can build on this season.
Townsville need to really get behind this team.

Reply #580027 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Even though I'm bummed that the Kings couldn't nab him, I'm glad that SD will be able to continue up there and doing it early before teh FA period means he can get stuck into his roster and make the moves to keep who he wants.

I just hope that it isn't like the time that they signed Norton to a long term deal and then nearly straight after, went into VA? Carry on as you expect to be in the league but then it all goes belly up?

They deserve the crowds to come, so hopefully the people of TSV turn up properly in 16/17!

Reply #580028 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

The hard thing will be to lure Australian free agents to the crocs. Not many will want to sign knowing the club isn't in a great position or even guaranteed a spot in the NBL next season. They might be better off getting Norton and Steindl signed - if they havnt already. Then try and get two quality imports that will put bums on seats. Not sure why they decided to get an import PG this season when they had 2 already.

Reply #580049 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

" Not many will want to sign knowing the club isn't in a great position or even guaranteed a spot in the NBL next season. "

Doesn't SD signing for 2 years give you some indication? Especially if he had another offer on the table?

Reply #580115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754