snooch
Years ago

Wortho to coach in QABL

Wortho to coach the Cairns Dolphins in the NBL off-season. Obviously he's looking at moving into coaching once he's done playing.

"For me it's a chance to kick off my coaching career, as it’s something I’ve always been interested in," Worthington told The Cairns Post.

“I’m a player/coach out on the court with the Taipans anyway so the next progression was to actually coach a team.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/local-sport/basketball-worthington-to-coach-cairns-dolphins-in-qbl/news-story/7ca000c6a082a924fdd293f3949ae3fe

Topic #39077 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see him being a Gleesonesque coach with his gruff demeanour.

Reply #580382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't they used to be called the Marlins?

Reply #580388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. Marlins are the men's side. Dolphins are the females.

Reply #580389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh okay fair enough didn't realise Wortho was going to be coaching a women's team.

Reply #580391 | Report this post

R@nD0m  
Years ago

Makes sense if you know him and his family well, particularly his parents. Greg & Trina aka Mum & Dad have coached at WABL (Juniors) & SBL Level over here for well over ten years, with both also being heavily involved with the State Country Program in the late 90s / Early 2000s.

If he is anything like them, he will definitely be good at the gig. Best of luck to him!

Reply #580395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blokes who think they are tough and yell:scream at women as a power trip usually coach women's ball. Most of the men who coach women wouldn't get away with speak to blokes the same way.

Reply #580399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that why Joyce went over to the women's side?

Reply #580419 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ steady on

Wortho is a good fella.
No need to be nasty....

Reply #580441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754