snooch
Years ago

Dirty Delly?

Here we go again. Didn't see the incident but they love to label Delly as dirty. I guess playing hard is a concept the NBA hasn't had since the 90s. (I don't know how the link tweets so it's just cut and paste)

Doug Smith: Raptors
‏@SmithRaps
The reputation Matthew Dellavedova has for being a dirty player -- maybe worst in the league -- is, in my opinion, well deserved

Topic #39083 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching the game. Absolutely nothing in the play I saw as dirty. Rapped the arms on a big so he couldn't go up for the easy shot. Seen it done by other players twice since.

Reply #580645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a good foul.. Nothing more..

Reply #580650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously watched the last minute of the div 1 18s at Wayville last night

Reply #580654 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah to me he went half for a strip and then just fouled hard, as the commentator said you are taught to foul bigs hard so they don't get the and 1. The problem now is any incident that is slightly borderline he is ruled as dirty.

Reply #580655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrapped the arms? Not having seen the incident normally (probably except NBA games)if you place both hands on a player it's an unsportsman like foul.

Reply #580656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance the bigs will get the And One here

Reply #580659 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

You do know many other players have pulled the same move as those clips. Oh and its an instruction my the coach. The NBA have now changed the ruling on this action so that you can get a T for it.

Reply #580660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um ok

Reply #580663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A flagrant, not a tech

Reply #580664 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Dirty? His just trying to take a specky?

Reply #580665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#preventtheandone

Reply #580666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Attempted rooting is always a foul and has always been dirty.

Reply #580687 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Adam Silver did come out and say around the All-Star break that the 'jumping on a player's back to commit a loose ball foul' play could be called a flagrant. I wonder what criteria the act needs to meet to be called flagrant

Reply #580709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flagrant one is "unneccesary contact", flagrant two is "unnecessary and excessive".

Reply #580716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754