Dave
Years ago

Joey Wright Press Conference

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/featured-news/jerome-randle-back-in-blue/

Nothing overly note worthy.

Ebi won't be back next year.

Looking at a shooting wing again and a big with some defensive presence. Most likely out of the college system by the sound of it.

Still a good watch if you are interested.

Topic #39103 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad to see joey is looking for a big who plays defense

Reply #581275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank Christ for that! No more Ebi over the hill liability. Will be renewing for sure now

Reply #581292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dare i say it diamon Simpson would be the right type of player for the big import imo

Casey prather would be perfect on the wing if we can get him from perth who will likely chase ennis

Reply #581301 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"Jerome will officially sign a one season contract with the NBL and the 36ers at the end of the season in Lithuania. "

So it's not official yet.

Reply #581306 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

That had me slightly worried, and the fact we have heard nothing from the man himself.

His manager did tweet that he will be coming back though so I would say it is just a formality at this stage.

Reply #581313 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Nothing is a formality until the signature is on the sheet.

Reply #581323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle already impressing his Lithunian side. Uh oh.

Reply #581327 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Depends if he's signed any other legally binding documents whether it's sealed or not.

Reply #581331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Last season, thanks to Joey and the Adelaide people I found my love for the game again" said Randle “I get to play with a great bunch of guys, I can't wait to come back and help the Sixers win a Championship”

“Zhordan (Jerome’s wife) and I love Adelaide, the people and the lifestyle is great. We are both very happy to be coming back next season” said Jerome.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/featured-news/jerome-randle-back-in-blue/

Reply #581351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yet he has a euro clause. and is on fire right now. good luck sixers

Reply #581352 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Hasn't he only played one game? and it wasn't Euroleague?

he had a great game but I'd say it is a bit early to be too worried.

Reply #581356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time will tell.

Reply #581357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The pessimistic anon is a Perth fan, for the bills perfectly lol Randle will be back, he is very good amazing in fact but there is a lot of very good NBA quality guys available these days, he isn't quite there.

Reply #581376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a Perth fan.

Reply #581378 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Personally, I think Randle is a little over-hyped.
He's an excellent player, but has his deficiencies, and the 6's relied on him too much for scoring.
But the hype is a GOOD thing if its got Adelaide excited and brought in the crowds (and sponsors)
The important thing now is to build a quality 5 around Randle and DJ. I think your priority should be replacing Petrie in the starting line-up. Obviously if you could get Motum back that would be outstanding, otherwise may have to use an import.

Reply #581404 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Joey said of the other two imports they will be looking for a 6-5/6-6 wing and a 6-8+ defensive big to cover for our poor lost post defence. He said the 36ers will be suiting three imports when quizzed about the teams finances.

He also said Ebi Ere will not be re-signed and hopeful Gibbo will be back but seemed like he knew unlikely.

Reply #581408 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Interesting that he seems to think that 3-imports is a done deal...
So yes a PF (with D) should be the first priority.
As for the wing-man, yes with a 3rd import, and it would depend on whether Gibson stays, and where he thinks Creek is best used. If we wants to stick with Gibson and Randle in tandem, then a SF is the ticket. Otherwise a SG and use Creek at the 3.

Reply #581414 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I wonder if there is ever going to be more incentive to sign imports to two year deals so that talent like Wilbeken and Randle don't get lost to the league or atleast the teams get compensated but I'll answer my own question with... Too many Marcus Thornton's out there!

Reply #581425 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Adam Gibson would surely sign with Brisbane.
Plus Goulding(home town boy) would be the signings of the 16/17 season.

Reply #581434 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sounds like :
2 from college here
and no salary cap

Reply #581436 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I took from that interview that the other 2 imports will be budget out of College with fingers crossed they will at least find 1 diamond in the rough.

Reply #581456 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

With the other 2 Imports I would take the Spurs approach... They don't have to be great players, they just have to be able to do 1 thing very well.

Reply #581458 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Proud,
There's not a huge incentive on either side.
Most contracts have Euro & NBA out clauses, so that wouldn't keep a Wilbekin. Even Beal's most recent contract had a buy-out clause, meaning if another league offered him big bucks he could pay his way out.
On the other hand, if the import isn't up to scratch teams either want to replace or at lease take advantage of reduced points and cost.

Plus a multi-year deal would not necessarily have kept Randle. We assume he wasn't on much for his first year, but has reputedly been re-signed for $300k. Presumably at $300k, he's happy to settle in Adelaide, whereas if you tried to keep him on his original amount, he'd be more tempted to exercise an out-clause.

Reply #581461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Three imports will suit Wright to a tee as he is a good recruiter of imports.

Reply #581500 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

It's a funny situation in the NBL, where you could sign an import and there is still a good chance he wont play for you in the end.

Jerome Randall brings a lot of things. He is great for the team and for the league. But $300 000? Did James Ennis even get that?

I am glad to see him back, though. And I am looking forward to the next announcements to be made.

Reply #581506 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

ME, I guess to some extent all you are guaranteed is that if they are in the NBL, they will be playing for you.

In Randle's case I'm fine with that. If he gets a good offer in Europe or manages to make the league, good luck to him. Just don't want to see him playing for someone else in the NBL.

Reply #581508 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Actually.... NBL contracts can easily have an out clause for NBA but a Euro out clause is not that easy to get. Maybe for a Euroleague team but not any old comp in Europe.

Reply #581519 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I've heard (can't confirm) that the Cats are reluctant to give Euro-clauses, but Beal had a buy-out clause.
As for Ennis, you can't compare that to Randles SECOND contract. I imagine Randle was on a LOT less this season. IF Ennis returns, wait and see what he's on then.
Now, if the 6's have given Randle $300k AND a free out, then they're nuts.

Reply #581810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754