Aussie
Years ago

Ben Simmons sneaker deal worth US$100 million

Interesting article:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ben-simmons-in-line-for-135-million-sneaker-deal/news-story/6be075a9f1bd9f84e1cd34bc2a349d3b

Topic #39116 | Report this topic

ME  
Years ago

100 mill for a kid that hasn't done anything yet?

Reply #581798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute nonsense

Reply #581816 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

His old man must be so proud.... Maybe Ben Simmons could buy the NBL next

Reply #581821 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The pro basketball (pro sport) market is as much about promotiona nod hype as it is about skill and talent these days.

Before Ben we had many American college or in LeBron's case high school NBA recruits do something similar and we sat back in awe watching them accumulate a fortune while entertaining us.

Why then do we start the 'Tall Poppy' syndrome just because this kid has a bright future, really sad to still think people can be so petty and jealous out there.

What has he done, seriously, ask yourself what you have done first!

Reply #581827 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

...promotion and hype...

Reply #581828 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I wonder if anybody said "a million for a kid who hasn't done anything yet" when Wilt was about to enter the league

Reply #581830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The amount of homeless that fill the streets of America.......if this is true it's shameful

Reply #581831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An awful lot of salt in this thread from a bunch of social league superstars

Reply #581841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well after watching his latest interview and being asked his thoughts on not making the 15 nominee for the Wodden award, he states " I still thinks I'm best so that's all that matters"

It's great to be confident but arrogance always brings them undone, maybe he should spend more time on his education instead, humility is a great strength of character.

No longer a fan of this young guy at all

Reply #581874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The good old Aussie tall poppy syndrome has started up again!
Why all the hate! The guy is being offered 100 million to wear a brands shoes, what's he meant to say, no sorry I haven't played a game in the NBA yet so I will wait to prove myself before signing anything!
Anyone that is hating on him for this literally has no idea about life and really should never comment about the game of basketball again because they are just flat out stupid!!
I'd love to see what they would do if they were put in the same situation!!

Reply #582044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754