Bear
Years ago

NCAA Bracketology 2016

So, who has filled in a bracket in the worlds hardest selection stakes?

I have compiled one for fun, obviously I have zero chance of getting all selections right, however my end result is Kansas 79 over Virginia 77.

Bring on the madness...

Topic #39147 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Duke! Might get around to filling in the whole thing tonight

Reply #582882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mich State 68-65 over Kansas

Reply #582884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Possible Aussies in 2016 NCAA tournament bracket.
Women...
Baylor-Kristy Wallace 5'11 cg
Stanford-Alanna Smith 6'3 pf
Florida state-Rachel Antoniadou 5'9 cg
Idaho-Geraldine Mccorkel 6'0 cf, Renae Mokrzycki 6'0 g, Tayla Corrigan 6'3 pf, Bridgitte Oneill 6'2 pf.
Men...
Kentucky-Isaac Humphries 7'0 c
Baylor-Joseph Acuil 7'0 c
St Mary's-Emmett Naar 6'1 cg, Dane Pinaeu 6'9 pf, Kyle Clark 6'6 cf, Jock Landale 6'11 c, Tanner Krebs 6'6 sg, Jordan Hunter 6'10 pf.
Hawaii-Jack Purchase 6'9 pf, Jakob Cornelissen 6'1 cg.

Reply #582898 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

St Mary's are not in this year anon, sorry to say, but appreciate the post and especially that you have mentioned the women.

NCAA Women's brackets are up in a day or so...

Reply #582904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah and it's pretty crappy that St Mary's didn't get in. They're a better and more entertaining team than some that did and their numbers stacked up pretty well. Dicky V was having a big whinge during the WCC Tournament that it would be criminal for them to miss out.....but they did

Reply #582907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who said they have missed out?

Reply #582913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh crap.. Not st Mary's fault they had a week schedule! Dammit...

Reply #582914 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

They pretty much needed to win the WCC Tournament, because of their schedule. But they would have been worthy of a spot for sure. Good team to watch

Reply #582915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should make it simple..
Winner of regular season tournament and winner of conference tournament gets to go to the dance but instead they put 7 teams from one conference in even if they have a record of like 18-9 or something.

St Mary's beat the zags during the season and finish on top outright and lose the final in the conference tournament and it's over.
So I guess winning your conference doesn't mean a whole lot.
Dam shame.

Reply #582917 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Only two Aussies will be active for the Aussie men: Humphries (Kentucky) and Cornelissen (Hawaii) as Purchase and Acuil are red-shirts.

Reply #582918 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Yeah, sad about the Gaels missing. Hopefully they take out the NIT.

Pretty disappointing that LSU didn't even want to go to the NIT and pulled out so that they can start planning for next season, according to the coach. Shame for Ben Simmons that Hornsby went out for the season

Reply #582919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why does LSU need to start preparing for next season surely Jones won't be there.

Reply #582922 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I reckon Jones will be there for a long time, given the way uni tenure works, but Jeez what a waste of an opportunity.

Reply #582924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uni tenure??!! I hope that comment was sarcasm? Coaches aren't professors.

Reply #582933 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Monmouth probably even more unlucky than St Marys to miss selection.

Monmouth's famous Alumni is Warren "i cut Bogut" Dawson.

LSU have declined a NIT invitation so no more for Simmons.

Reply #582948 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Okay my stab is Final 4 of Villanova,Oklahoma,Nth Car,Mich State.

Reply #582962 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

My heart says the ACC to dominate with Duke, NC and Virginia in the final 4 along with Kansas.

Then a blockbuster for the ages with Duke and NC going at it once again in the big one

Reply #582963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls at buffalo also made it after Reid hit the game winner.

Reply #582970 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, first round upsets, overtimes games, close scores and blow outs, all in the name of basketball!

Didn't take long for me to blow a bracket...

Reply #583247 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

That just didn't sound right, did it?!

Never mind, some surprises and pleasant ones at that. Yale, wow that was a big win, also Wichita State and Gonzaga prove their worth and some school called Little Rock, who wood have thunk it...

Reply #583248 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Who saw that ending to Northern Iowa v Texas, that was something, then Cincinnati has their hearts ripped out with a split second decision not to allow a dunk with the ball half in the net as the clock hits zero!

End of round one and I am already shaking my head at the upsets and crazy game highlights, just madness...

Reply #583298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbelievable! Unbelievable! Unbelievable!

Reply #583300 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Kentucky!!!

Gonsky...

Sorry if you didn't know.

Reply #583319 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Looking the goods so far Duke fan.

Reply #583406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Predictions...
Kansas to win it all against Virginia.
Baylor in an upset win against uconn.

Reply #583408 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Yeah my picks for the Final four are all progressing nicely....not that I was within a bulls roar of all the early results like most people. There's been some ripper games so far! Loving it

Reply #583409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baylor over Uconn wasn't an upset it was a 50/50 game. Some amazing games and more to come!

Reply #583411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baylor vs uconn women's final...

Reply #583412 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Baylor looking REAL good in the women's event.

I have Kansas in the men.

Reply #583423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uconn women have owned it for a while, would be a great final if Baylor played UConn.

Sweet 16 in the men's is going to be something!

Can't believe Gonzaga v Syracuse, they have both done very well to get this far and proved some punters wrong.

Reply #583440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Mary's doing well n the NIT tournament too, down to final eight I think.

Reply #583441 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Whatever else happens from here the ACC has certainly once again pressed claims as the premier Conference with a record 6 teams through to the Sweet 16

Reply #583519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Mary's doing well n the NIT tournament too, down to final eight I think.

Got beat yesterday by 14.

Reply #583527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SMC couldn't buy a goal near the end, poor ending really. BYU still there and Gonzaga in the big dance still.

Reply #583552 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Well Oregon were just too good. Great season by Duke and might have been a different story if not for Jefferson's injury

Not sure who's going to win it now but my word Jay Wright has Villanova going well. Them vs Kansas will be a cracker and the winner of that game might just win it all

Reply #583646 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sweet 16 games were again, incredible, I am referring to the men's draw as they are not showing anywhere near as many women's games on Foxtel.

Syracuse were amazing to hang in there and take it away from Gonzaga after they led most of the way, but that was nothing compared with the take away Notre Dame did on Wisconsin!

The Tar Heels were impressive but I am still hoping for my final match up and that match up relies on Kansas and Virginia winning through...

Reply #583719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could we see all the 1 seeds get through, has this ever happened before?

Kansas - Oklahoma - North Carolina - Virginia

They all have a big chance to win their elite eight games today and tomorrow, wow that would be some final four!

Reply #583736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad, Oregon is the 1 seed not Oklahoma and they are losing.

Reply #583737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kansas gonski, both 1 seeds out, bring on Syracuse the 10 seed and Notre Dame the 6 seed!

Reply #583751 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Villanova are doing great as a team while the Buddy Hield show keeps the Sooners from Oklahoma well and truly in it.

Ferventas killing it from outside the arc to give Virginia a big start against Syracuse who may not have enough left to overcome the half time deficit.

Can't see the Fighting Irish getting over the Tar Heels later on either, North Carolina have too many weapons and their bigs can cover Auguste inside the paint I feel...

Reply #583759 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Then again, holly shit, Syracuse...

One word, 'coaching'

Reply #583760 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

"Okay my stab is Final 4 of Villanova,Oklahoma,Nth Car,Mich State."

Oh well 3 out of 4 at least. Now just want Villanova to win it!

Reply #583800 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

My call on Villanova turned out to be a good one. What a finish!

Reply #584263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very surprised to see no posts about the final today. What an ending unlike the dud NBL Finals playing indoor rugby style and airballing shots.

That three to tie it up by North Carolina - see the strength of the athlete to be mid air stay in mid air until the defender passes him and still swish the shot - amazing! and then the buzzer beater for Villanova to take it down! soooo good, maybe one day we will have that quality here, first refs need to realise basketball isn't a hacking sport.

Reply #584265 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

What a finish!! I watched it from the start and while there were some pretty ordinary moments, it was full of drama throughout (for a change). So glad Villanova won.

And if UConn women win then I'll be REALLY happy!

Reply #584285 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great game!

Amazing finish...

Awesome result :)

Reply #584300 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

UConn women taking last 4 'ships is just amazing, 11 overall makes them the best in all of NCAA I believe...

Reply #584429 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Where would UConn come in the WNBL, I wonder?

Reply #584443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uconn are a great team, but they don't and never have played against or even trained against women.... NCAA rules don't allow it.
This is the difference between the college system and the Australian and European system.

Reply #584448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uconn will lose next year..
No Stewart, Jefferson or tuck.

Reply #584449 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754