Hoopie
Years ago

How far will the Cavs go?

With all the expectations on the Cavs, recent losses, and some obvious issues within the team, will they actually get to face off against the Warriors for the championship?

What do they need to do to make sure they do?

Topic #39165 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only other teams in the east with potential are the raptors and Celtics.
Warriors vs cavs again I reckon...

Reply #583200 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Personally, I think the Spurs will get the Warriors in the West - hate that people just assume the Warriors will be in the finals.

The Cavs know they can't win. It's that simple. I asked my friend - what kind of image do you give off by hunting intensely around the trade deadline with a wishlist of players. For me that only says one thing - Lebron knows out and out he can't beat the Warriors or Spurs from the West with this current group.

Cavs will probably make the finals because the East is now even weaker than what he was a few years ago - Bulls, Pacers, Hawks have all regressed. And to me Toronto are flat track bullies who play in the Atlantic Divison with the Knicks, Nets and 76ers so of course their record is going to be good.

Reply #583201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Spurs have no one to cover curry or Thompson...
That's the problem.
the front court is pretty even.

Reply #583202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a Warriors supporter and I think that the Spurs will make it out of the West. The game slows down in the playoffs and they have to many big options with Aldridge, Duncan, West, Diaw...

I would think that the Cavs have their fingers crossed that the Bulls give up the 8th spot to Detroit. I think the Bulls could send the Cavs out in the 1st round. If that happened the east is up for grabs

Reply #583203 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

If they had a decent experienced coach they could push GSW or Spurs to 6 or 7 games.

Right now they should win the East and lose in 4-5 games.

Reply #583205 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

I would be worried of a SVG coached team in the first round

Reply #583208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs will be lucky to get out of the east and if they do they will get swept. they are terrible.

Reply #583209 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

The Cavs pushed the Warriors in the finals last year, and have improved their list this season (even though their current form is not great). I think they'll get to the finals again, certainly not going to be favourites but they'll challenge either the Warriors or the Spurs..

The West finals will be great to watch, looking forward to it already!

Reply #583216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

While I don't think they're necessarily clicking (and the griping about Irving has joined the griping about Love), any team with that much talent could get hot at the right time and knock off the Warriors. I think the Spurs would be able to tackle the Cavs more reliably though.

Reply #583223 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cavs should get through the East because... well... who else would? Miami are a bit of a danger team to be honest, depending on who they match up against. They've got a big X-Factor in the middle, and Wade is still capable of looking like Wade if healthy.

No matter who makes it to the finals - Warriors or Spurs will sweep or win 4-1.

I'm a Cavs fan, and I don't even particularly enjoy watching them these days. Ugly iso ball and bricked open threes from Kevin Love, and everybody looks absolutely miserable... LeBron has turned into his own version of grumpy old man Kobe.

Reply #583229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Angus. I'm also a cavs fan and I really haven't been enjoying watching them play. Can't string a complete game together, lazy, Iso ball, complainers, me first type of team. They are just nowhere near the 'team' of warriors or Spurs. Best I can see them doing is getting 1 game in the finals. None of the bookies are going near them either.

Reply #583239 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Cavs will win the East and lose the finals unless LeBron goes bezerk.

Cavs are a real step below Warriors/Spurs

Reply #583242 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

If they had a decent experienced coach they could push GSW or Spurs to 6 or 7 games.

What, like David Blatt???

Reply #583245 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ LOL, good call snooch

Reply #583246 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

NBA Finals and will lose to either Warriors or Spurs.

Reply #583252 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

So what did Lue promise that got him replacing Blatt? And has it been successful?

Reply #583263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will let to the Raptors in the East. Cats dont look like a happy team at all. Warriors will win it and win it easy. Yes they wont even have too many issues with my beloved Spurs. Everyone else is playing for second this season.

Reply #583265 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The Warriors are favourites for sure, but they're not that far ahead of everyone else. They have won a lot of close games this season having had to come from behind (at times, a long way behind).

San Antone is only 3.5 games behind them and, if they went undefeated for the rest of the season, would tie the Bulls 72-10 record. The Spurs are just as deep, have a better coach and play better D.

Reply #583290 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Biggest problem for the Warriors is coming out the gates strong vs lesser teams, which is kinda expected considering how good they are. But then they just flick a switch in the 2nd half and off they go.

Spurs are having a great season and I'll even give them the benefit of the doubt that they just had a bad night in that one Spurs-Warriors matchup earlier, but IMO the Warriors might be the best team of all time if we're talking relative to how much better they are then all the other teams in the league right now.

TBH, maybe I'm crazy, but it's made the league a bit of a bore for me this year. Finding myself watching more European basketball than NBA.

Reply #583294 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The Warriors winning hasn't made the league a bore for me. The Warriors shooting 35-45 three pointers a game has.

In fact, this love affair with three point shooting across the board is beginning to make basketball a bore imo. Hopefully adjustments are made in the way players are allowed to defend.

Reply #583296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Warriors are 62-6. Its just disrespectful to say its even close. I love the Spurs BUT they are older and they just cant go with the Warriors offensively. We are all witnessing something very special and the Warriors cant be stopped imo

Reply #583306 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I love the way the 3-point shot pulls defenders out of the key and opens the game up for others to show their stuff.
Shooting threes is just as much a skill for me as dunking, which Seemed to be all the media cared about in the last few years. Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather see good outside shooting and dribble moves (skills!) than the bruising and holding stuff (not skills!) allowed inside the paint these days.

Reply #583307 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

How is it disrespectful to point out the FACT the Spurs are only 3.5 games behind the Warriors?

Reply #583308 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Spurs will win today but not sure about 7 game series.

The smarter best coached side will prevail no doubt.

No one has spoken about oklahoma. Westbrook has gotta make u shit your pants & obviously Durant as well.

Whoever knocks off OKC beats Cavs in final!!

Westbrook might just decide its not just about these other 2. Guy can hoop!!!

Reply #583313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snooch, 3.5 half games sounds close and all, but your not taking into account the fear factor and Alpha dog mentality the Warriors have. Listent to some of the interviews NBA stars are doing in regards to this team, over 7 games they wont be beat. They have lost 6 games, 6!! Spurs are doing great and well under the radar, but if you really watch the Warriors games closely, they have about 10 levels they can go to when needed. They deserve the heavy favourtism they have earnt.

Reply #583316 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The Warriors deserve favouritism, sure, I don't disagree. But, really, alpha dog? Fear factor? You really think Timmy D, Parker, Kawhi, LA, Manu etc etc really care about alpha dog mentality? They been there, done that, over a long period of time. No way they fear anyone.

The Spurs are having their best season in a long time and are really flying under the radar, just as Pop would like it. They don't really care about the regular season, just setting themselves up nicely for the playoffs - which is a whole new ballgame.

I truly believe they can push the Warriors should it come to it.

As for OKC, they've lost more games than any other team (including Philly) this year while leading at 3/4 time. They could do some damage, but I think there's something missing there mentally.

Reply #583323 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This game right now is showing that the Spurs are more than capable of competing. Has a very playoff-like feel to it.

Reply #583327 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Defence wins championships..

Reply #583328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754