Isaac
Years ago

Mitch Creek's Premier League form

Looked to have some great stats in the first two games. Man amongst boys? Has his game come along a bit from those who've seen him this season and last time out wherever it was he was playing?

Topic #39191 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely. His outside jumper improved out of site and hitting the threes. Has an excellent on court pairing with Sam Johns and finding ways to bring Dodman in to the game and he too is pulling good numbers so far which hopefully will transpose to the bigs at Sixers. With the coaching group his ball movement midcourt should improve as well. Come to a game, it is by far the most entertaining I've seen in years.

Reply #583788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Mitch Creek is not dominating the league he shouldn't be on a NBL list!!
He should be averaging 30 and 15 if this very weak Premier league. Anything less wouldn't be acceptable if you are a starting 5 NBL level player!!

Reply #583793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to watch a game, not just look at stats which give you a limited view of an entire game and player contribution. Mitch's impact on the team motivation and bringing others in to the game is equally important and those stats are not recorded. You can see some of the results of this team play by looking at other team member stats parralel to the star players. Thats what wins games and championships. Mitch is a motivator and that can be worth more than 10 individual points l, they can be converted and handed to the rest of the teams stats making up 20 points.. As I said come and watch a few games and make your mind up. Keep in mind Peach, Gibbo, DJ and others made less impact making good stats but overall the teams stats were not spread while playing in higher ranked teams going in to previous Premier league seasons and Mitch is making an impact on a bottom ranked team.

Reply #583796 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I'm not sure that his jumper has improved greatly. I'd say it has more to do with the level of defence in the local league. They're sagging so far off him that it's a shoot around jumper.

His is playing well though and dominating as he should. The rest of the team seem to feed of his energy and it looks like he is enjoying his time out there.

Reply #583798 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which other NBL or ex-NBL players are playing at this stage?

Reply #583803 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

From memory, which is generally foggy at best:

P. Crawford - West
Doyle - F'Ville
Warbout - Sturt
Carlin & Larkin - Centrals

I think Holmes may be suiting up for flames?

Reply #583806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will score 50 against Mavs!

Reply #583843 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Wouldn't think he'd be playing? Doubt he will be back from China.

Reply #583847 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

Johns and Creek both away until Round 4 but they gain a new import.

Reply #583868 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

So do they miss round four?

Reply #583876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard they might be back in time

Reply #583906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wont matter, Tigers U/16 D2 teams would be able to give the Mavs a game up to their standard.

Reply #583944 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:11 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754