Anonymous
Years ago

Any idea who will replace Paul Goriss at the COE?

Basketball Australia is delighted at the news of Paul Goriss signing as head coach of the University of Canberra Capitals in the WNBL.

Currently an associate coach at the Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence where he is head coach of the SEABL women's team and the Australian Under-19 Gems, Goriss joins the Capitals following the conclusion of Carrie Graf’s 15-year tenure at the club.

As coach of the Gems, Goriss led the side to a bronze medal at last year’s FIBA U19 Women’s World Championships while also competing at the 2011 and 2013 U19 Men’s World Championships as an assistant coach.

"With more than a decade’s experience as a senior coach, Paul is highly regarded and will be an excellent addition to the Caps’ WNBL program," said Basketball Australia CEO, Anthony Moore.

“His development of our junior teams and knowledge of the game will be a great benefit to the Capitals and I firmly believe he will continue the success of the most accomplished team in the WNBL.”

In an admitted rebuilding phase following the departure of Graf and veterans Lauren Jackson and Jess Bibby, Goriss is confident he can return the Capitals to glory after a disappointing 2015/16 campaign.

“I have had success with building a high-performance culture and driving results through a commitment to continuous improvement,” he said.

“Through meaningful engagement with the University’s sporting program and the Canberra community, I am confident the UC Capitals will return better than ever as a leader in women’s sport and a program that Canberra is proud of.”

Goriss will commence his role with the University of Canberra Capitals in May.

Topic #39211 | Report this topic