Anonymous
Years ago

Ebi listed in Sixers off season tracker

Am I reading in to something too much ? Why is he listed when ohers that have moved on are not ?

Topic #39217 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Joey has said Ebi wont be back so I wouldn't read anything into it.

Reply #584194 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Exactly. Boti would've talked to Joey and reported that Ebi isn't returning. If the club are still listing him somewhere, it's probably for fans who might be interested.

Reply #584195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear god I hope not. Over the hill, out of shape never a good import choice from the get go. Sinir fat skin tests to the damn coach for god sake! Let the Ebi era be over...

Reply #584197 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

But that three(ish?) game tear late in the year that proved all the haters 'wrong'!

Reply #584198 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Joey said at the Randle re-signing announcement that Ebi Ere definitely won't be back next season.

Reply #584202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe joey won't be back next season

Reply #584213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the new coach is ... EBI!

Reply #584214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pity joey didn't be made to elaborate a bit and admit to the poor choice from the get go. Paid a lot of money for a guy who played 3 games.

Reply #584257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is his gut listed as well?

Reply #584267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez. Ebi and randle. both over rated. Randle wont be there the next season.

Reply #584283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually dont think Randle will be back. A verbal agreement doesnt mean shit, Samhan makes a heap of them. I also dont think itll be as bad as people think if he doesnt return. The 36ers were horrible before he arrived, and in the set up they had he was able to win some games bring in some crowds and save Joey's ass. BUT overall, no one else did a thing upon his arrival, especially DJ, so to maximise DJ''s contract i actually think a pass first PG is needed.

Reply #584292 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Randle was second in the league in assists, its not like the guy doesnt pass.

DJs problems this season were much more than having a pass first point guard in the squad, which im sure can be corrected. It is more important to get a defensive big next to him.

Randle was looking to get players involved consitantly. Its not his fault if they cant make the most of it. They didnt do anything particularly impressive when he was out injured either.

Reply #584294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave by the time he was out injured, the rest of the team was lost and just didn't respond. He did pass, but it wasn't with any consistency, so many times guys were standing and just watching.

Reply #584298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"A verbal agreement doesnt mean shit, Samhan makes a heap of them."

hahaha nice example. so true

Reply #584341 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Anon, that proves my point. If guys are standing around watching, what is he meant to do?

I understand that he does handle the ball a lot but that doesn't mean he isn't involving team mates. The team just has to get used to playing hard when they don't have the ball.

Reply #584435 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Adelaide was a much better team with Randle in it, there's no doubt about it. And the franchise was much better for him being there too - he created a buzz the Sixers haven't had in years.

He's a great offensive player, both scorer and passer. He was continually getting others guys involved. His biggest deficiency was his defence.

Reply #584439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754