wherearethey
Years ago

NSW Junior League stats never up to date

stats are listed on NSW junior league pages, but are seldom up to date. Pts For and Against are also not listed.

Surely with the fees paid and the resources at BNSW (dedicated person to Junior League) this information should be kept up to date.

Topic #39226 | Report this topic

Geoff  
Years ago

Hi wherearethey,

Geoff Tripp here from Basketball NSW, the reason points for and against are not included in the ladders is because the participating associations voted on this information not to be displayed.

In 2015 we saw a large number of games with massive margins, this is of major concern to both Basketball NSW and the participating associations. Coaches should be coaching with a philosophy of 'head-to-head' instead of 'for and against'.

In addition to this the associations have also asked that we don't display points and fouls for all U12 & U14 competitions.

Points and fouls are entered for U16 & U18 competitions by BNSW staff but only after we have received the original scoresheets from the games played.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact either BNSW or your Associations representative coordinator.

Geoff

Reply #584399 | Report this post

wherearethey  
Years ago

Hi Geoff, many thks for your response. it is much appreciated that you have cleared up a few issues. Maybe delete the columns that are not to be used would avoid confusion?

It is great that a BNSW rep is particating on the forum.

On another issue, how many games do you think should be in a Junior season to both promote the game and give players a chance to improve, and also provide value for money to the parents?

Reply #584409 | Report this post

Geoff  
Years ago

Thanks wherearethey,

I regards to the information displayed on our ladders, FF and FA columns are related to forfeits. Forfeits Received and Forfeits Given.

I can understand how that maybe confusing, but the ladder headings are hard coded and we can't edit these.

In terms to your other question, this isn't the appropriate forum for me to respond. Please send me an email [email protected]

Regards

Geoff

Reply #584413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow and I thought SA had issues. What a nanny philosophy. Don't tell anyone who scored what.

Reply #584422 | Report this post

wherearethey  
Years ago

hi Geoff many thks for your openness, it is a breath of fresh air

Reply #584424 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thumbs up for you Geoff, disregard the anon troll, I agree with @wherearethey, a breath of fresh air mate!

Reply #584427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:45 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754