Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Hawks retain AJ Ogilvy for three years

Great pick up for Illawarra! At least they've gotten one player from their big 3 back haha

http://www.hawks.com.au/featured-news/nbls-premier-bigman-aj-ogilvy-signs-hawks-three-seasons/

Topic #39232 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Awesome news for the Hawks. His ability to play NBL then PR means he can make some really good coin while playing at home.

In terms of becoming a Boomer, I think playing under Bevo is the best thing for him, last season was clearly his most consistent as a pro.

Reply #584474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Ogilvy will make the Boomers while Lemanis is making the decisions.

Reply #584483 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lemanis' just didn't seem overly positive when talking about AJ whilst he was commentating a Hawks game last season.

Could it be that Lemanis thinks AJ's potential lack of defense out of the P&R is a liability..then again, he can't be worse than Jawai in that regard.

It's disappointing as I think he could really help the Boomers

Reply #584495 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I explored some of the AJ-Boomers stuff in this article if anyone's interested/bored:

http://www.fiba.com/news/rio-talk-gets-hawkish

Reply #584498 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think there's more to it than that.

Reply #584503 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For those who couldn't be bothered reading, it mentioned Ogilvy's perceived lack of toughness last time he played for the Boomers, some alleged negative comments after he was subsequently not selected and his lack of ability to keep his cool when things get physical, which was on display a number of times this season.

But Isaac thinks there's more to it than that, and he could well know.

Having said all that, there's a decent chance there's a new Boomers coach after Rio so it could well be a moot point in a few months.

Reply #584511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice for the Hawks. What's the word on where Penney is going?

Reply #584516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was hoping Perth could get him as Jawai's replacement but oh well.

Reply #584546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754