Anonymous
Years ago

Salary cap question

Quick question on the salary cap - does the $1.1 million that NBL clubs have to spend come all from their own revenues (i.e. memberships, sponsorship, merchandise sales etc.)? Or does the NBL provide some of this to clubs from the TV rights, sponsorships etc.?

Topic #39237 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

The NBL provides funds to Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth only ;)

But seriously, apart from any funds from the luxury/marquee tax last year I don't think the NBL provides or is in a position too provide additional funds to allow clubs to spend towards to Salary Cap.

Its been talked about here that the NBL in the past has provided some financial support to struggling clubs(Crocs and Hawks) but not sure on how valid that information was.

Reply #584535 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd Imagine it would be a case of how much the owners pay and how they are compensated with sponsorship, membership, etc. isn't able to be controlled by the NBL but hopefully owners/clubs are doing enough to not run losses too drastic.

I don't think the NBL has earned monies from Foxtel or the sponsors they has last season but hopefully those sponsors see the product is worth putting their money into and clubs can be helped a bit.

Reply #584540 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754