AngusH
Years ago

Khazzouh on the three import rule

Probably a throw-away comment meant in general than specific to anyone in particular, but still (from Boti's blog):

"I've always found two imports is sufficient," he said.

“Plus, if you can get a really good American for $70,000 there’s usually something wrong with him.

“Yeah, great stats in college, great guy, we’re getting him cheap ... then you find he drinks two bottles of whiskey a day.”

Topic #39248 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti noted on Twitter that Khazzouh was joking.

I imagine the implication is that any affordable player has their flaws preventing them from playing in a higher league. Things like:

- bit short
- doesn't work hard
- low basketball IQ
- doesn't play D
- has an attitude

Of course, the same is true of almost every local player too, and especially those in a similar price bracket.

Reply #584677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course, the same is true of almost every local player too, and especially those in a similar price bracket.

Yes but there ours and a lot of them improve in the right environment. We don't produce anything in this country now so I'd rather spend 70g on an Aussie.

Reply #584686 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Well our 2015/16 all NBL first team Daniel Kickert doesn't jump for rebounds or defend at all and he'd be on so much more than $70k

Reply #584721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, but Kickert is a 50,40,90 player and no other aussies can do that, plus he'll be on triple that.

Reply #584737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are a lot of good players who came in as cheap Americans but fit our league. Redhage and Conklin come to mind even lisch was considered too short when he first arrived

Reply #584743 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754