Anonymous
Years ago

Lightning/36ers merger

Has anything developed further with the Lightning/36ers merger that was news 2 months ago?

Who will get the coaching gig, Tracy York or Chris Lucas?

Plenty of signing news coming from rival clubs but nothing from Lightning. Mitchell?

Topic #39257 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same every year. Communication is poor from both clubs and same staff responsible for it over that time too. I have given up membership for the men and seen some of the womens games and gradually lost interest due to a lack of engagement. Don't expect it to change until the staff do and that won't happen as they are a tight nit group who just think we are all trolls and pay no attention to the grumblings. Lost a few members with the failed Weeknight games as well and many of those were loyal. The new generation of crowds will be the none basketballers who just want entertainment, alcohol and food but as soon as the team starts to lose they will be out the door and left with far less interest than started with on this new journey. Trying to stay positive but you move on when you don't hear from people in life, that's just how it is and the media team need to get a grip on that reality. Mitch Creek is the saviour in that department, keeping people connected but it needs to be more than an after thought. You need to be connected before events, during and after and find fillers in between. I am not confident the media group are up to it from past history. Sad really. This is a leadership in Management issue.

Reply #584873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning have lost Kayla Standish who is returning to Townsville Fire according to WNBL web site

Reply #586434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing that Ruef is headed eastward too.

Reply #586443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like it is going to be another tough 12 months for the club . These players are only leaving due to money problems

Reply #586451 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Is the lightening in financial trouble again ?

Strange nobody is out with some news to help the club retain it supporters - but maybe not everybody wants to see the team continue?

Reply #586528 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Does the club have anyone publicising their efforts? I never hear anything about them.

Reply #586529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, Ruef confirmed as moving to Canberra Caps along with Adelaide born point guard Lauren Mansfield.

Adelaide haven't even announced a coach as far as I know.

Hoping for a Mitchell re-signing and hopefully some names like Hodges to make us competitive.

Basketball SA unorganised as always. Looking like another season of being in the bottom half of the ladder.

Reply #587295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754