A dead rubber but still nice to see these ex NBL guys shine

Topic #39266 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but can he beat out Mark Worthington for a team MVP haha

Reply #585052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a day for basketball, Kobe dropping 60 in his final game, GSW breaking wins record, Spurs having best home record ever, and Jordan Mcrae scoring 36. Best day in basketball history.

Reply #585058 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Everyone knew McRae was United's real MVP that season but his attitude was considered poor so I think giving the award to Wortho was more to spite him than anything.

Reply #585060 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

I agree with above statement. I don't think many were thrilled to have him around the team...

Reply #585067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, I was being very sarcastic. McCrae was by far the best player on that weak United team. Jusy funny that they were so bitter they actually gave a prestigious award to a has been hah McCrae has definitely moved on now though.

Reply #585073 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If someone hurts the team more than helps them they are not the MVP. I suspect every opposition team would have been happy for Melbourne to have re-signed him.

Reply #585084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul please, he was a gun player and based on that mentality why give it to Worthington! He is known as being a woeful teammate... McCrae was the only highlight on that team.

Reply #585108 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not to mention Wortho was out of contract and as soon as they gave him that MVP award they turned around and then made him a low-ball offer they knew he wouldn't accept and he thus signed with Cairns.

Reply #585148 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No doubting his individual scoring talent, but his inability to defend or execute what the team was trying to run meant he gave back almost as much as he scored.

Reply #585152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCrae was the real team MVP of that team, move on. Was a simple joke made, no need to dissect it.

Reply #585153 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Funnily enough, he and Worthington had exactly the same statistical rating that season. So even taking out factors like the ability to defend or execute he wasn't clear of Wortho.

No doubt he was the anonymous fanboys favourite though, even if he doesn't know how to spell his name.

Reply #585154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok Paul, you are the winner! Well done, you get nothing. Bored with this and you.

Reply #585160 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks fanboy.

Reply #585161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a dick... smh

Reply #585162 | Report this post

Hadouken  
Years ago

McRae wasn't a good NBL import.

Simples.

He might become a good NBA player, although he didn't help his team win games in this country.

Reply #585163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As with most players, it is about the right fit, system and coaching.

United were a bit dysfunctional and he isn't the mature leader to right the ship. However, is he is a very talented scorer as he's shown this year in the US. It's still a nice advertisement for the NBL that players with this talent chose to start their professional careers here. Whether it was a success or not, I'm sure he learned some lessons that can help him with the rest of his career.

Reply #585181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754