Train
Years ago

Boti: David Andersen, Jawai to United?

According to Boti, Andersen and Jawai are to sign with United.
Boti also indicates that Jervis going to Brisbane is a done deal.

Disappointed that Perth couldn't retain Jervis, he has been a solid player for the Cats.

Topic #39270 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/ando-set-for-nbl-return/

Reply #585164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Adelaide have any interest in atleast being apart of the rumours to sign anyone decent, or we just expected to be cool with mediocre.

Reply #585166 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

With the amount Adelaide has thrown at Randle, probably finding it tough to compete with some of these other names.

I'm a bit surprised Perth is losing out on players like Jervis, though. Unless they consider him a luxury, which definitely doesn't seem to be the case with Jawai headed to Melbourne.

Reply #585168 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Perth have been very quiet so far, must have something brewing.

Reply #585169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

now we know why Melbourne let Kickert go

Reply #585170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they are letting Jervis go then yeah must be in the hunt for something else. Jawai isn not a big loss, was out of shape just flat out fat and couldnt seem to put anymore than 20 odd minutes together per night... no thanks for what he is looking at $ wise. Jervis though, solid know what your getting, United mustve offered a bit.

Reply #585171 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Andersen? Yes please!!!

Reply #585173 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@cats4life : I was thinking that also. They could afford to keep both Hire and Jervis, so maybe they have something bigger lined up. Hope so.

Reply #585174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had to let jervis leave to keep knight?

Martin, beal, Prather, knight, motum.

Reply #585179 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jawai, Andersen and Majok in the one team, not a lot of defensive mobility there. If this is true (and it certainly explains why they didn't re-sign Kickert) it seems like Melbourne is once again signing a talented but unbalanced team.

Reply #585180 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

So they're going to field Andersen, Jawai, Majok, and Patton???
Is this for the team they are entering in the volleyball league?
Or is LK going to introduce a last minute rule change to raise the baskets by a foot?

Reply #585201 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Unfortunately I can see a few of the 2015/16 Crocs without jobs this season

Reply #585218 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Is Goulding going to be back for Utd?

Reply #585223 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai, Andersen and Majok would be a terrible big-man trio.

Reply #585308 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

If you surround Anderson/Jawai/Majok with shooters like Goulding (assuming he is back for MU)/Holt/Blanchfield then they will have some room to go to work on the inside.

I wouldn't think that you would ever see all 3 on the court together, and may only see limited time with Anderson pairing with either Jawai/Majok.

So I definitely wouldn't call this big man rotation as terrible.

If you start Jackson/Holt/Goulding/Anderson/Jawai then you have a lineup capable of competing with any team in the league.

Anderson has a decent outside shot as well so he can also stretch the floor to give big Nate some room. And with Jawai being a good passer for a big guy I would like to see which player teams would be able to double off.

I would def take this big man rotation over what Brisbane look to have assembled with Jervis/Peach/Kickert.

Perth may have Motum/Knight/Import which will be pretty good.

Reply #585312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight-Motum-Dunigan if rumours are true is significantly better then an washed up Andersen, out of shape Jawai and a offensively challenged Majok.

Reply #585315 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Andersen and Jawai can work, and Majok can back up the 5 spot and play next to Andersen as well - you wouldn't really want Majok and Jawai on at the same time, I would think... I don't see it as too unbalanced, maybe a bit slow up and down the court.

Reply #585316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen needs to be with either of those guys for spacing reasons with his 3 ball.

Reply #585318 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Andersen washed up? Good on ya...

French league Allstar with 12p & 7rb...

As compared to someone like Goulding (different league, different team I know) who is averaging 4.5 points in Italy...

Reply #585321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

French league is nothing to brag about

Reply #585330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 and 7 making you an allstar says an awful lot about the league

Reply #585334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai will be another bust in another team.

Reply #585337 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Stats in European leagues tend to be down from what we see here - top guys tend to play less minutes in the domestic leagues, and more in the Euroleagues/cups/etc. But I would agree the ProA lacks star power compared to the other top Euro leagues.

Jawai will be as good or better than he was this year I'd say, which is still pretty darn handy.

Reply #585348 | Report this post

Asics Gel  
Years ago

I think Blanchfield is going to be the big loser (minutes wise) if all these rumoured moves are true.

Interested to see how Jawaii, Anderson and Majok all mesh together.

Reply #585349 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Blanchfield was a real victim of United's "offense" compared to the kind of offense Dennis ran for him at the Crocs. United could do worse than take a long look at Dennis, IMO. I can picture Andersen running the stuff that the Crocs ran out of the high post perfectly.

Reply #585351 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Andersen, Majok and Jawai are not mobile enough as defenders. Together, MU's defense will be leaky

Reply #585360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai if ever fit again will be a force. Until then an overpaid player for what ever team he plays for. To suggest he isn't mobile enough is an understatement.
If he's commanding a lot of money then teams need to say no until he's fully fit and sustainably fit.

Reply #585363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai will surely look back at the end of his career and regret not getting the most out of himself by being in top shape that is mandatory of a professional athlete.

Reply #585367 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I bet he looks back at just winning a championship and regrets it??????????

Reply #585377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CTI collapse and into receivership, UTD now looking for another major sponsor to find about $750,000 that may go a long way to paying for them.

Reply #585378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People seem to forget Jawai is coming off a pretty serious injury...

Reply #585381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754