AngusH
Years ago

Forman re-signs with Hawks

According to Hawks Twitter, he's back on a 1-year deal.

Topic #39306 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forman, that is, great for him! One of the best lock in shooters the Aus league has seen.

Reply #585932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Undoubtedly. We won't mention D Fence.

Reply #585940 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Name spellcheck fail. :/

Reply #585942 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I can't understand the signing tbh, I know he has created himself as someone recognizable in the community and he has be captain for ages but he can't defend anyone and him at PF is just taking minutes away from the development of Kay and Ellis.

Is he gonna play some SF or what's the go?

How would others use Oscar in a system with Kay, Ellis and Ogilvy as bigs

Reply #585952 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

Pretty easy really.

C Ogilvy 30/Kay 10

PF Kay 15/Forman 15/Ellis 10

More than 15 mins for Forman at this stage would be too much.

Reply #585953 | Report this post

Pointybits  
Years ago

The Hawks with Kay will have signed 7 of a possible 11. They still need game winners. I'm guessing Demos will get the 11th spot. this leaves 2 imports if Coenrad is not re-signed. Good start with Bevo heading east to Las Vegas later in the year. Hopefully for a 1 or 2 game winners.
Once again the teams with money will be capable of buying championship rings. And so they will

Reply #585966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the teams with money go this year Pointybits?
Hawks - no ring
United - no ring
NZ - no ring
Perth - ring and I'd doubt they were the highest budget team of the top 4

Reply #585969 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

@ Duncan, that seems an absolute slap in the face to Ellis who was breaking out as a star to suggest he is only worth 10 minutes a game , you'd imagine that if he was only gonna get limited court time then he'd go to Perth and try and get some of Wagstaff's court time.

I do however agree that Foreman is only good for 15 minutes a game and if he's knocking down his shot then you keep him on and you keep getting him the ball

Reply #585976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you slide ellis and foreman to the 3 in certain lineups backing up either Coenraad or an import SF

Reply #585977 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Ellis breaking out as a star???? Settle down.

Reply #585978 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Ellis seemed like he was playing great towards the end of the season only because he was useless for the rest of it.

Reply #585979 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I agree in part that he looked like he was breaking out because he was useless for most of the season but Oscar was largely missing all season and whilst someone with the pure shooting of Oscar should always have a job, I wonder if it's worth sacrificing Ellis's minutes... Of course non issue is Cody starts season like the joke he started 2015/16.

Of course you can play Foreman at the 3 and that's where I think he should be playing but unless you have Redhage/Wortho/walker playing the 3, then I'm not sure it will be getting experimented with much.

Just saying that Blanchfield should be licking his lips at the prospect of Oscar guarding him, we know that Todd won't find the ball on offence and that says more about Demopolous than anything

Reply #586011 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Unless my memory is failing, Forman played pretty well for the first 2/3rds of the year? Then vanished. Ellis was the opposite, and he had one of the worst 15 or so mins of professional basketball I can remember in one game early on in the year, but came through with some nice nights to end the year.

Reply #586014 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Can't see Forman playing much SF in Bevo's system. He'll be a spread the floor PF as he has been since moving to Wollongong, just prob with a reduced role this year.

Reply #586023 | Report this post

Pointybits  
Years ago

Anom is still hiding inside his trench coat & sunnys. OMG just cant believe that the Hawks were again on a low budget in 15/16 last season and were fortunate through both Lisch's & Penny's personal circumstances. The Hawks home games probably averaged 2500 except when the belted Perth in front of 5000 at home.
The Hawks finished just 1 loss behind both united & wildcats.

Breakers are rumoured to have lost may millions$$$ until they became a force & played on a very tight budget for years. United's roster payroll last season was highly questionable, Perth have also been a WTF team and under the new cap rules you can bet there will be heaps more cash from both this coming season.

So there you go hitting the key board with out any real understanding is, I guess, one way of getting your rocks off.

Reply #586048 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks were not one of the expensive teams. Put Sydney in that list. Lisch and Ogilvy were comparable bargains.

I assume Demos has retired?

Reply #586212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754