Isaac
Years ago

Lakers sign Luke Walton as head coach

5 years, $25m supposedly. Interesting move with other decent head coaches out of work.

Topic #39324 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sold, but good luck after cashing in for his fill in role when Kerr went out. I think Kerr was quoted jokingly that good luck without Steph, Klay and Draymond which is true, but if they keep their draft pick, maybe Harrison Barnes follows him as a free agent then it could work as a different voice to Scott. And he had plenty of time sitting on the bench listening to Phil Jackson. And will the league "rig" the draft and will top free agents come because Kobes gone, Lakers are never down for long.
But then the Gentry experiment hasn't gone well in New Orleans this season after being Kerrs right hand man the year before. And Fisher getting dumped despite being tagged as a main target last year might show the league always copycatting, hiring rookie coaches like Kerr was just he was in right situation at right time.
Also saw report Blatt had been rumored to take assistant role with GSW, now not so concrete and I suspect the Knicks will hire him.

Reply #586216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a much needed change. Byron was a terrible coach.

Reply #586217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Scott was more brought in just to be able to handle Kobe and be the "scapegoat" to justify all the losing.

Reply #586218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754