Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats targeting Angus Brandt

Replacement for Tom Jervis? Full story: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/31479288/wildcats-feelers-out-for-sydney-tall-brandt/

Topic #39326 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

I rate him highly got potential to become a very good NBL player.

Reply #586219 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Be good pick up, young and a big boy. Be happy with that signing of it happens. Off the topic, any one no if redhage can be be the 11th player or it has to be a dp or a certain age?

Reply #586220 | Report this post

Phobos 23  
Years ago

Brandt was told by the Kings he wasn't going to be re-signed. Sydney going strongly after Cameron Bairstow apparently. Then will fill out the roster with three imports and a cheap 11th man option. Cadee, Garlepp and Hill all coming off the bench this season.

Reply #586227 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Brandt was great the last third of the season... One of the few bright spots in another lousy season. I'd be sad to see him go, but it's hard to play Khazzouh and Brandt together, and I'd imagine Brandt's value has risen beyond what you'd want to pay for a reserve.

Reply #586235 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm surprised, and a little worried.

Would be more than happy to see him signed as a "replacement for Jervis," but would Bradt make the move for that money & minutes?
I'm worried they're looking to him as a potential fallback if Jawai doesn't return and they can't find an import replacement.

I really rate Brandt, throught he was impressive with Kazz injured. But I'd still rather have Jawai or Ikenwe.

Off the topic, any one no if redhage can be be the 11th player or it has to be a dp or a certain age?
There is no designated "11th player" there is simply an 11 man squad.
The biggest restriction facing Redhage is the bench cap of $400k for the 5 lowest paid players.

Based on their keeping him around last season, I suspect the Cats will be looking to put Kernich-Drew on their bench.
The good news for Wroe is that the league has raised the age for DPs so he can remain a DP for another year.

Reply #586243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dp's are 23 or less I thought.

Reply #586244 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Brandt was told by the Kings he wasn't going to be re-signed. Sydney going strongly after Cameron Bairstow apparently. Then will fill out the roster with three imports and a cheap 11th man option. Cadee, Garlepp and Hill all coming off the bench this season.

Hearing the rumour about Bairstow is good, but jumping the gun on telling Gus ahead of time that he wasn't going to be re-signed sound slike a poor business decision to me... He was great when Jules went down and I would have liked to have seen what they could have done together on the court this season...

However, if Bairstow works out (although I don't see it doing so) it would be a serious upgrade...

Reply #586246 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I initially wasn't sure about this and then I remembered who I wanted replacing Jervis and Burston and Majok don't have the upside of Brandt, but the other two seem happier playing less minutes and of the Wildcats attain Mickell Gladness and Brock Motum then that doesn't leave much minutes for whomever is backup center on this squad.

How could you keep Brandt happy if he signs for the Wildcats, is being in a winning culture enough ?

Reply #586249 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Where is all these Motum talk coming from?

Reply #586250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone put the rumour on here a while back about Motum but with Knight suggesting he is more likely to play the 4 he would be unlikely.Potentially if the wildcats signed an import big like Ibekwe they could bring him off the bench like NZ did.

Reply #586252 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The Cats stated plan is have Jawai back, and if that doesn't eventuate then use the 3rd import spot to replace him.
They COULD switch Matty back to the centre, depending on who the other big guy is, but in the absence of Jawai I still think the preference would be another designated centre such as Ibekwe.

Brisbane were able to make Jervis a better offer, than playing backup for 15 minutes a game. Not sure how we could entice Brandt with an offer of being Tommy's replacement.

Reply #586254 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Dp's are 23 or less I thought.

Corban Wroe was born in September 1992.
He was already 23 before the season started.

The age limit was 24, and as I said, has been raised to 25. That will allow him to continue as a DP if he wants.

Reply #586255 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

You're googling birth dates at two in the morning? Get out more mate!

Reply #586259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will they bring Wroe back? Solid defender but he isn't exactly lighting up the state league.

Reply #586265 | Report this post

Jump  
Years ago

So Kings can still get three imports? That sounds like an interesting roster...

Reply #586278 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't follow the SBL closely, but I read he had at least one decent game? I suppose that at some point you have to ask the question of your DPs, will this guy actually make it?
But at the same time its handy to have a DP who can actually step up and play some minutes if injury hits.
Perhaps less important with the 6 man bench, but then again DPs can now travel, so bringing him along might come in handy. If only to give the old blokes a rest when the result is beyond doubt.

Reply #586298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings losing Angus will be a huge lost and leaves
them with no backup to Khazzou who IMO is soft, injury prone and is a terrible defender.

Good Luck to Angus wherever he in up.

Reply #586326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings going down the same paths as always, there imports had better be good plus Lisch or will be same old crap.

Reply #586333 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754