Triple Clutch
Years ago

North Adelaide Men

What's happened to COY Nathan Hawkes's Rockets? From 3-0 & being talked up as 15 point favourites against the Southern Tigers, to losing to a previously winless Eastern Mavs.

Haven't had time for What's Hot/What's Not recently, but what else has been happening in the league? Can anyone touch the Tigers?

Topic #39329 | Report this topic

Ye  
Years ago

Woodville and Norwood are the best bets to challenger southern

Reply #586273 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

Also rockets are struggling as Luke m has been away. They can't seem to score

Reply #586274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers took care of Norwood, but without Holmes if I remember rightly.

Will Woodville have the size to compete?

Reply #586285 | Report this post

expat  
Years ago

I think the Rockets have had 5 or 6 of their first 10 missing for the last 4 weeks. They'll be hard to deal with again once their personnel return.

Reply #586286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Collins & Mapunda... Who else?

Reply #586296 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

Nah just like last year they are good for the first 5 games and are shit for the rest. Its because they do some interesting trap zone defenses that most clubs are not familiar with in the first 5 rounds. Once you figure them out they are very beatable. Look at how the Warriors smashed them at the dome last year (they lost the first matchup).

Not to mention they import isnt as good as last years. obviously they will improve with collins and Luke back, but I see them as a mid table team- somewhere around sturt/ bearcats. And besides they have lost quite a few the make up ground now (against the winless mavs...)

Reply #586317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Norwood would still be favourites to win this year in both men & women?

Reply #586322 | Report this post

expat  
Years ago

I think Wernum's playing injured. Not sure of the other names missing - my info is third hand. Those boys can play some serious defense, they just need their offensive weapons back and you'll see some wins from them again.

Southern are clearly the team to beat. Norwood, Woodville, possibly the Rockets and Forrestville are my top five come the end of the season.

Will be interesting to see whether Woodville can push Southern this weekend or become just another lamb to the slaughter.

Reply #586331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 horse race in men's with Norwood and Southern, not enough size or depth with Woodville, Ng can't really carry them and import has no perimeter shot. And lost a lot of experience this year.
Norwood then daylight in the women's.

Reply #586339 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

Actually Woodvilles import can shoot, hes lethal off the dribble and can knock down the outside shot when needed. And Darren Ng is still one of the best players in the ABA.
Heres some numbers against Fville. Stanbridge 26-11reps, Import 20, 4 ,13reps, 3 blocks 3 steals. Ng 4-9 shooting 12 points- 5 assists. And don't forget Adam Miller and McKee who chipped in with 13 points and who is very good on the defensive end.

Southern are a step above, but don't count teams out. Mitch may not be around every week and who is to say there won't be some injury to a player in the top 3 teams..

Reply #586347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who wins this week then? Southern or Woodville?

Reply #586455 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

Either Southern by 15 or a close 1 by 2-4 either way. Depends on how good Woodville can check creek and starling

Reply #586519 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754