Anonymous
Years ago

Rumour: Tai Wesley to United

Rumours are around online that he will not be returning to the Breakers but will be joining the 36ers?

Good signing or not?

Topic #39336 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the 36ers

Reply #586412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be keen on it if true he's got a lot of moves down low but I'm not sure how effective he would be alongside DJ's defensive liabilities.

Reply #586413 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Both going to melbourne I reckon

Reply #586414 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

How much space does MU have?

Reply #586417 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Boti Nagy has Wesley going to Melbourne.

Reply #586427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour Busted Boti has just written that Wesley is going to United the deepest pockets in the league win out again.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/united-ties-up-wesley/

Reply #586428 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Everyone is going to United according to Boti! We dont want him

Reply #586430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MU might end up with Wesley but I think there is a lot of silly buggers going on with agents or something.

Supposedly Goulding is going to re-sign for a whopping $400k per for 3 years, Stephen Holt is going to re-sign, they're going to poach Cedric Jackson from the Breakers, poach Nate Jawai from Perth, lure David Andersen back from France and now sign Tai Wesley from the Breakers.

Next it will be LeBron opting out from the Cavs to sign with Melb too!

Reply #586436 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they sign Wesley I think it means Holt couldn't be their Asian import, as you're only allowed one from wider Oceania or Asia.

Reply #586438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to stop Holt, LeBron and co being one of their three 'regular' imports though.

Reply #586441 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

According to Boti's post about Wesley to United, Andersen, Goulding and Jackson are United's only unconfirmed signings. If they sign all three, they'll have filled their roster of 11 players without Holt.

Reply #586447 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I don't see Andersen signing with them.

Reply #586448 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Has their been any indication that Holt is returning? I might have missed it.

Reply #586450 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

AngusH - there was some speculation on here that Holt would return under the new Oceania/Asia rule. It appeared first (I think) in the thread about Jackson signing with United - http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/39238-cedric-jackson-stephen-holt-to-sign-with-united/#p584571

Reply #586456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this pretty much rules out Jawai to the United.

Reply #586458 | Report this post

Fstos  
Years ago

This signing gives United a huge improvement in the areas of defended and rebounding. Wesley is an ordinary defender but he IS replacing Kickert.

Reply #586466 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Does this mean Melbourne has their 11-man roster?

Andersen/Patton
Majok/Wesley
Blanchfield/Barlow
Goulding/Hadziomerovic/Odigie
Jackson*/Tomlinson

Considering they were talking of having the Holt/Jackson backcourt and signing Jawai too - they don't look head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

Reply #586498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

losing holt is big, especially as a local, will be interesting to see where he goes

Reply #586499 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Why go to the Trouble of introducing a three import rule and only have one import for United... Team will still be stacked and I feel Blanchfield will be hiding in plain sight again

Reply #586522 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just because there's a three-import rule doesn't mean you have to have three imports! I imagine Goulding and Andersen would be in marquee spots, leaving them with only two import spots anyway.

I think it's smart to build a team with a spare import spot up your sleeve in case of injury if you can sign good local talent.

Reply #586532 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Bevo did that and got one tittle, if he had two maybe things would have been different? Even in the gong.

Reply #586603 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The one title Bevo won, he was able to use the spare import spot to cover for an injury.

Reply #586607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does this Jawai re-signing with Perth or going to Cairns more likely?

Reply #586733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754