Isaac
Years ago

Tall Blacks name squad for Rio

Tom Abercrombie, Pinar Karsiyaka Izmir (Turksih League)/SKYCITY Breakers, Forward, 198cm, 29 years;
BJ Anthony, Wellington Saints (NBL), Forward, 198cm, 28 years;
Everard Bartlett, Southland Sharks (NBL), Guard, 193cm, 29 years;
Finn Delany, Nelson Giants (NBL)/SKYCITY Breakers, Forward, 200cm, 20 years;
Isaac Fotu, CAI Zaragoza (Liga ACB), Forward, 203cm, 22 years;
Shea Ili, Wellington Saints (NBL)/SKYCITY Breakers (ANBL), Guard, 183cm, 23 years;
Michael Karena, Canterbury Rams (NBL)/Wright State University (NCAA), Centre, 208cm, 22 years;
Jarrod Kenny, Nelson Giants (NBL)/Perth Wildcats, Guard, 186cm, 30 years;
Rob Loe, Limburg United (Belgian League), Centre, 211cm, 24 years;
Jordan Ngatai, Taranaki MountainAirs (NBL), Forward, 195cm, 23 years;
Ethan Rusbatch, Canterbury Rams (NBL), Guard, 196cm, 23 years;
Mika Vukona, Supercity Rangers (NBL)/SKYCITY Breakers (ANBL), Forward, 198cm, 34 years;
Corey Webster, Supercity Rangers (NBL)/SKYCITY Breakers, Guard, 188cm, 27 years;
Tai Webster, Nebraska Cornhuskers (NCAA), Guard, 193cm, 20 years

Topic #39389 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Rio Qualifiers shouldn't that be, Isaac?

Reply #587562 | Report this post

sharod  
Years ago

Everyone selected in the list are well deserved, personally think that Marcel Jones should be in, he plays quite good in NZ NBL with height and athleticism in 3 spot.

Also hope Michael Karena can make the cut and get a professional gig in the ANBL as he should be a capable backup big for Tall Blacks in the upcoming campaigns for coming years.

Great to see Tai Webster is involved and can't wait to see how he has developed after 3 years from Nebraska.

Also happy to see Rusbatch and Ngatai are in, they have good skills in 3 spot and look forward they can receive higher level professional gig soon.

Reply #587563 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I'd love to see them qualify for the Olympics, but somehow I don't see it happening.

Reply #587564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Kirk Penney not playing by his own choice?

Reply #587565 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yesterday he retired from international basketball.
Normally that type of timing suggests "We'll let you announce your retirement rather than announcing that you didn't make the cut for our team" but I highly doubt that's the case with Kirk.

Reply #587566 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

LOL Kirk would be one of the best players on that team

Reply #587568 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Lol, only one of? He would be the Kobe to their Lakers.

Reply #587571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Te rangi?

Reply #587572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Te Rangi took himself out of contention as Ben Simmons did to minimises chance of injury and thus affecting his team for the upcoming professional season lel

Reply #587631 | Report this post

NZH  
Years ago

Nope, Te Rangi just didnt make it.

Reply #587655 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Te Rangi doesn't currently start that often for his NZNBL team and has gone off the boil.

Reply #587714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754