Tom
Years ago

Adelaide in talks with import Trevis Simpson

Information from a reliable source inside the organisation. Simpson looks like a Casey Prather type but more well rounded offensively looking at highlight tapes. Seems to be the perfect player for Joeys system.

Topic #39405 | Report this topic

wish they would just sign Gladness.

Reply #587726 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Tom you keep pushing that name. Whether it is true or not I don't know but not sure why Adelaide would go with him with Drimic starting as a shooting guard.

You saying he looks better than Prather based on videos is crazy. Prather is taller, bigger and played for a better college team. Prather had a great season in the NBL while Simpson did well in a weak Finland league.

Reply #587730 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Averaged 19 in eurocup as well.

Reply #587731 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Ah so he did well in a weak Finland league. That sounds like another one of Joeys failed imports. Forgot his name, so he was memorable

Reply #587733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the tapes are showing his whole game?
Most Youtube coverage only shows only the positives.

Reply #587736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no confidence in Joey wrights ability to selct talented imports. Not sure who this guy is, BUT if its a Joey selection, with minimal input from anyone else who has recrutiing skills, this is will be same old story.

*insert all the Joey defenders, but its become the sad truth.

Reply #587741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adris Deloen and Will Hudson were both good, even with Hudson being a role player

In his time at the 36ers, most of Joeys 2nd imports have been cheap, if Joey had top $$$ he would have selected fine imo

Frye was solid, he got injured and lost confidense on offence and completely lost his shot, but had a couple of very good games, including a strong game against Perth/Ennis early in the season

Montreal would have been solid too, was coming along, was being used a bit out of his usual role, and was replaced when Motum was available

Ebi was a dissapointment, he just seemed out of shape and never found his touch apart from a couple of games, didnt work, ended up being a bad pick, but i can see what Joey was trying to get out of him, and given his history i thought he would do alot better, he also was unlikely to be on big $$$

Keyon McNeil, was a gain looking solid, especially for his price, but got injured before the season and was replaced, we never really got to see him in the season propper without injury, so hard to know how he would have turned out, but pre season was very solid.

Randle was a stud, im guessing Joey got to spend a little more on Randle than McNeill was being paid, so that helps

Ervin, Wilson both had nbl history and did well, but both were also probably more expensive

I dont think that many coaches do great things with the $$$ Frye, Montreal, McNeill were said to be on, being near minumum, so hard to judge

You cant expect these guys to be as good as the top notch more expensive guys

Its too simplistic to compare imports with imports on import status alone.

This year it seems as if we will have 2 cheaper imports again, so be interesting to see who we get, but im optimistic they could be solid at least, the big guy is the more important one to get right imo, as we have a bit of depth in the guard rotation imo

Reply #587748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can Joey's import covers be questioned when the most recent one was handles randle?

Reply #587755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With ease look at the other one let alone seasons past. Ere was a horrible option, just helping a buddy out.

Reply #587757 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wXV9KZcI

Looks pretty legit

Reply #587758 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Played in Greece top division before Finland stint. Would be another good signing.

Reply #587760 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'm not sure Drmic is ready to start at SG so the team does need another guard. This will also allow Drmic to back up both the SG & SF positions.

Trevis Simpson comes in high regard from his college coach and he was named first-team All-Southern Conference by both the league's coaches and media members.

He led the Southern Conference in scoring for the second straight season, averaging 18.7 points per game. He became the first player in the SoCon since Stephen Curry to lead the league in scoring in consecutive seasons.

Reply #587773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those youtube videos dont do anything for me, notice he didnt miss a shot. Just deceptive, and every player has one. Id be more interested based on what Tornado said, about his credentials and how his peers saw him at college.

Guess is all depends how much he is asking $ wise, if he is the 'cheap option' absolutely, if he is the main guy, well personally id like to see one of Joeys teams grab a rebound at some stage so a big would be a better option.

Reply #587777 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Aussie Hoopla also has Simpson on its free agent tracker.

Reply #587908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754