Anonymous
Years ago

Vic Country question?

Does anybody else find it odd that Vic Country are often training in Melbourne suburbs??!!

Topic #39407 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on the suburb, most Vic country kids have to travel a good distance to get together so often one that is an equal distance from all areas is used so you don't have kids from one side of the state having to travel to the other side to train .
Metro kids and parents have no idea how much extra work it takes to represent Vic country, no such thing as a drop off and go home for parents, or a couple of hours out of their day while the kids train, Vic country kids and parents can do up to,10 hrs just travelling just for training.

Reply #587743 | Report this post

mimas99  
Years ago

Metro people just don't get it.

Reply #587856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe this is a topic

Reply #587863 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

OP, over several years I have taken my kids from Echuca to Bendigo, from Geelong and Further down the West Coast to Albury, Ballarat, Seymour, many Melbourne suburbs and loved every minute of it!

That was just for State team training, not taking into account all the Nationals.

Welcome to country basketball, in fact country sport...

Reply #587904 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Country coaches sometimes have to just go where courts are available, that's a major factor in where you will end up training anon OP, unfortunately there is no answer and no perfect place, maybe Bendingo being the centre of Victoria is our best option.

Every State probably has similar issues, for the kids from the country. They just have to be a little tougher...

Reply #587906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mainly asking as I haven't noticed then training in Metro areas in the past until this year? Is it because there is a more even spread of country players from both sides of the metro area?
I think it's a good idea if that's the case.

Reply #587920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have been training at Melbourne suburban venues for a few years now, not something totally new.

Reply #587947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754