Isaac
Years ago

WCF Game 7: Warriors vs Thunder

Game about to start...

Warriors with momentum and at home, maybe discovering the effectiveness of Iguodala on Durant, but you do still have to wonder if the Thunder edge over them will return anew.

Barnes coming off the bench.

Topic #39443 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Cant help but feel that this is the real Finals series!

Reply #588251 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

GSW with a terrible start, Draymond has to stop shooting. Klay missed his first 9 shots then hits four three pointers in a row.

That said, this is looking like the Thunder's game at the moment.

Reply #588253 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Golden State look like they might be stamping their authority on this in the third though?

Reply #588259 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Game over. Thanks for coming.

I don't know how anyone is going to beat this GSW team. Not now. Not in one year, not in 2 years. Not in 5 years.

I hope I'm wrong and OKC come back and make a fool out of me.

Reply #588262 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not quite over. Going down to the wire.

Reply #588265 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... or maybe not

Reply #588266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OKC fully deserve to lose this game.

GSW hit a few threes and Durant and Westbrook go into "Oh my god I must win this game for my team all by myself" mode. Horrible basketball.

Reply #588267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Draymond green is nothing but an overweight, dirty shooting guard with an ego inflated because he plays with the two greatest shooters in league history.

Reply #588268 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

4 point game with 1:39 to go. (Warrior are up for those not following at home)

Reply #588269 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Steph. Now its over.

Reply #588270 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Here we go again, another Aussie will win an NBA championship ring, this time, come on Delly!!!

Reply #588271 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Yup, I'm all for Bogut sharing the love around.

Reply #588272 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Unfortunately, what will be lost on this series is how well OKC played.

They had a 73-9 team and one of the best teams of all time on the ropes, up 3-1, demolished them in 2 games and won one on their away court.

Massive credit to how they played, but I bet you they will cop it from the media (wouldn't happen to Steph and Klay if they lost Game 6 though).

Huge credit to GSW too. They are the best team all time in my opinion and I don't see any plausible way you can beat this team and certainly not in 4/7 games over a series.

About time we gave Klay his props too. A surreal talent. If it wasn't for him, they'd be on vacay already.

Reply #588273 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Way to burp up a 3-1 series lead and all the momentum. What a massive choke by OKC. I love Westbrook, but damn his utterly brainless shot selection just kills that team. Plus Durant is just too passive to be a killer like Curry. How good are those two guards? As much as I want Cleveland to win (wife is from there and the poor city deserves the slightest bit of good news after being kicked in the balls so many times), I just cannot see the Cavs stopping Thompson and Curry enough to win. Either 4-1 or 4-2 for GSW. Sigh.

Reply #588274 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

OKC's effort isn't lost on me, they choked it up a little sure, but I still liked the way they pushed GSW all the way.

The Cav's are better, that is why I rate them and think they can get it done this year, notwithstanding the fact that GSW are a record breaking team and all that, I just have a feeling...

Reply #588275 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I know mere hours ago, I was criticising the Thunder for not going inside and exploiting the GSW lack of interior height.

Now, I realise there's no point. You're not going to win anyway.

3 > 2.

You're talking about dudes who shoot the three like it's a damn layup. You can go inside all you want, but counting up in 3's is always going to come out in the wash at some point (20 3's = 60 points. 20 2's = 40 points). It's simple math.

Reply #588276 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The Cavs were up 2-1 against GSW last year, without two of their v=best three players.

It will be a competitive series, but I can't see Curry letting the Cavs win and that just might be the difference. He is a freak!

Reply #588279 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They are the best team all time in my opinion

Calm down you should've seen Jordan's Bulls.

They would beat this Warriors team in 5.

Reply #588280 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Zodiac,

I saw the Bulls in the flesh and believe me, I was the first dude ready to throw fists a few months ago whenever somebody mentioned that GSW is the best of all time.

But now i'm convinced they truly are.

I know the handcheck, more physical league etc. arguments.

But it comes down to the 3 ball. You can't compete with it. You can't win games going up in 2's when these dudes are shooting 50% from 3 and in the volumes they shoot. It's math. Modern day teams can't contain their 3 point shooting. It's insane.

Reply #588281 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yes you can MACDUB, you just have to play them smarter and pounce when they are missing those 3's.

Think how UTD failed in the NBL with their game plan.

The difference with GSW is that they don't rely on it, remember it was Ibaka that pulled them through last year, without him maybe they struggle to win it...

Still need balance, otherwise you risk falling on that single edged sword IMHO.

Reply #588286 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sorry, Igoudala it was...

Reply #588287 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #588288 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Or you could just rely upon the fact you have the two greatest three point shooters in history (well, at the very least, the two most prolific) in the same team.

That said, so far these playoffs, the Cavs have been shooting more threes per game than GSW (33.2 to 30.9) at a better clip (43.4% to 40.3%).

Reply #588289 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

That's right^, you can try and go with them, but if you control the boards and have a balanced attack rather than just rely on the three ball, well you can wind up in front at the end just as easily...

Reply #588292 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

The Final is going to be a awsome series, the only concern I would have if I was the Cavs is that if Steph gets hot I can see Kyrie trying to one up him by playing hero ball. And for GSW I think if JR Smith gets hot for a game or 2 it could cause some real match up issues
I've got GSW in 7 (basketball to be the real winner)

Reply #588295 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Can't wait for this series to get started. Not sure how I'm going to watch many of the games live but I'll give it a go!

Cavs are a lot better than last time, although it's hard to tell how good given they haven't really played against much in the East so far. Hopefully Delly gets a ring!

Reply #588297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors sweep. The bookies are heavily favouring the Warriors. Home court counts for a lot as well.

Reply #588302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boring basketball watching pull up jumpers for the Trey. Hope this will not be all we see in the future. May as well just make it a three point shoot out and go home early. I want to see some ball movement, some defence, some dunks and all that comes in between. GEt rid of the 3 and bring back ballin !

Reply #588313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors will win it 4-1 going to be a fizzer id say.

Reply #588314 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I loved the series just ended and can't wait for the finals.

If everyone stays healthy and Cavs play to their potential, I can see them winning in 6. Bogie has his ring; now it's Delly's turn.

Reply #588319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Aussies are fortunate enough to have landed on great NBA teams, but the NBA isnt about sharing come June. Bogut proved to be very valuable compared to Ezeli, hope he gets back to back rings. Great decision to re-sign with the Warriors.

Reply #588322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What an EPIC CHOKE job by the blunder!

Reply #588324 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Epic series between 2 really good, entertaining teams. Are Steph and Klay the greatest backcourt in NBA history? Obviously the game has changed tremendously with the prolific shooting of the three but I'm struggling the think of a backcourt in the last 30 years that is better. I guess Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars were pretty good.

Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Cavs have had more rest but GSW have home court. Are the GSW battle hardened or worn down? Have the Cav's had a too easy run through the playoffs? If the Cavs can get 2 games off the Dubs in last year's finals without Kyrie and Love then surely they can get 2 more with them this year? Who will Draymond Green kick in the nuts? So many questions.

Reply #588329 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Have the Cav's had a too easy run through the playoffs?"

That argument gets thrown out there every year.

However, check the facts on this year comparing GSW and Cavaliers 1st and 2nd round opponents from the regular season:

Detroit beat Houston 3-1
Atlanta beat Houston 4-0
Atlanta beat Portland 4-0
Detroit tied with Portland 2-2

Hence, Eastern Conference 1st and 2nd rounders were a combined 13-3 (81% win percentage) during the regular season against Western Conference 1st and rounders.

The Cavs have not had too easy of a run in the playoffs. Toronto were a very hard opponent too and playing in Ronto is one of the toughest place to play.

Toronto and OKC split their regular season series at 2-2.

It's a misguided conception that the Cavs always have an easy route. Frankly, I think they play such high level defence (NBA stats have them at 3rd during the regular season at opposition PPG) that they make good teams look ordinary and hopeless (ala Detroit first round), when those teams aren't exactly that.

Reply #588332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those results and stats are interesting, but lets be really honest. Do you really think for examplwe the Raptors would beat the Thunder in a 7 game series? I say absolutely not. Dame Lillard would let his Blazers be swept by the Hawks? Agin not going to happen, the regular season is nothing in comparison to the Playoffs, where everyone gets equal days on and off.

The West is tougher, and the Warriors will be too fats and too confident for LBJ and the Cavs imo.

Reply #588334 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

" the regular season is nothing in comparison to the Playoffs"

Yeah, but couldn't I then use that too to substantiate my point?

That could be used for arguments both ways.

Acknowledge your point though. Just wanted to put the stats out there as I found them quite interesting as you said.

Reply #588335 | Report this post

furballer  
Years ago

Durant's selfish play down the stretch in Game 6 cost em

Reply #588338 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Adams played great throughout the playoffs and drew a lot of praise.

Reply #588339 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

What Mystro, as a basketballer or rugby player?!?

Credit where its due though, he is really tough and was the reason Bogut needed to play bigger minutes to lessen his impact. He was a big reason why the Thunder got to 3-1 up.

What is it with Aussies and NZers, always way overrepresented competing as the tough nuts in contender teams? It is not a bad reputation for Oceania sport.

Shame Adams has (I think) pulled out of NZ's Olympic campaign. That will really hurt as you guys could have made a lot of noise with him in the middle (you still might, but it will be as the underdogs who play well together and overachieve again if you do!)

Reply #588340 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Adams wasn't the one kicking people in the nuts or trying to pull them down.
He was easily the best big in this series.

Reply #588341 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Agreed

Reply #588343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boring basketball watching pull up jumpers for the Trey. Hope this will not be all we see in the future. May as well just make it a three point shoot out and go home early. I want to see some ball movement, some defence, some dunks and all that comes in between. GEt rid of the 3 and bring back ballin !
Did you watch the games? There were all of those things, including great three point shooting. Three pointers provide spacing for dunks and ball movement.

Reply #588344 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

An obvious troll, Isaac, not worth a response!

Reply #588348 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"What is it with Aussies and NZers, always way overrepresented competing as the tough nuts in contender teams? It is not a bad reputation for Oceania sport."

Yep certainly.

And it has flow on effects, because now NBA GM's will continue to look favorably on Aussies and Kiwi's coming through based on how tough the likes of Adams, Delly and Bogut are.

Reply #588351 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I felt bad for Adams.

His close outs were sound and he was quick to switch but Curry or Thompson seemed to bury a big 3 on his head every time in Game 7.

I too think it is a shame he (and Penney) won't be representing NZ at the Olympics

Reply #588366 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754