Isaac
Years ago

2016 NBA Finals series: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Warriors are $1.42 favourites, Cavs paying $2.90.

LeBron is $3.25 for Finals MVP which seems long given how steady he has been?

Series result odds:

Golden State Warriors 4-0
Golden State Warriors 4-1
Golden State Warriors 4-2
Golden State Warriors 4-3
Cleveland Cavaliers 4-0
Cleveland Cavaliers 4-1
Cleveland Cavaliers 4-2
Cleveland Cavaliers 4-3

Topic #39448 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron averaged about* 49 points, 18 rebounds and 14 assists last year and won 2 games for a team that everyone thought would get swept and he still didnt get MVP. Instead they gave it to Iguodala so I guess the odds reflect the fact that the last finals MVP winner from a losing team was in the early 1970's.

*Approximately.

Reply #588345 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

^ me

Reply #588346 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Having said that though, I think $2.90 is nice betting for the Cavs.

Reply #588347 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

For me, the Warriors are about where they were last year in talent and ability, however the Cav's appear to have improved and are now fit to go, unlike last year when they were injured and unsettled.

Cav's in 7 games for $7:00 is a great bet IMHO...

Reply #588349 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Although, a game 7 would be at GSW, so maybe as an afterthought the 4-2 winning odds for the Cav's at $4:75 may be even better (more likely)...

Reply #588350 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Warriors looked unsettled against the Thunder. They were down in both games 6 and 7. The Cavs have loaded up and as said, are at full strength. $2.90 seems pretty long to me for a team with that much firepower.

Reply #588352 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I heard that Varejao will get a ring no matter who wins..

What a great position to be in.

Obviously understand he would want GSW to win though.

Reply #588353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing how the matchups play out.

I doubt that any of Bogut, Ezeli, Speights or Varejao can defend Frye on the perimeter. So will the Warriors use their small lineup with Green for 25 minutes a night, or will they persist with one of the true bigs trying to defend Frye?

Cavs have great firepower but their D isn't as strong as the Thunder, so Warriors should get their offensive groove back. I expect a high scoring series with loads of threes, should be fun to watch.

Reply #588354 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

^ me again

Reply #588355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To me the Cavs are in a worse position to play than the Warriors than last year.

Who does Love, Thompson and Frye guard? Can't see any of them having a glimmer of guarding either of Barnes, Green or Iguodala.

There was a reason why Irving struggled in both match ups this season, he can't chase Thompson or Curry and isn't sound enough defensively to do so.

J.R Smith has struggled offensively when required to chase Thompson in previous meetings.

There's nowhere to hide the average defenders against Golden State (unlike Toronto, Atlanta, Detroit). And these people happen to be their heavy weapons on offense.

Will be a very interesting series to see how Cleveland adjust to this massive dilemma.

Reply #588365 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As long as Delly gets a championship ring this year I don't really care which team wins it.

Reply #588367 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Are you backing a controversial team swap mid series Luuuc? I am not usually a betting man, but where can I get the odds on that?

Reply #588369 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Given the Warriors' 3-point ability, Cavs would do better to give up the 2 more readily in order to stop the 3.

Reply #588372 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Just focusing on stopping the 3 would be a flawed plan, control the boards, pressure Curry best you can but don't allow yourself to waver from what you do best if you are the Cav's and in the end we could just see one of the best final series ever...

Reply #588388 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Frankly, i've never seen a team get as many calls as what the Warriors get. Seriously. And no it's not bringing out the 'ref excuse'.

Reply #588488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season they kept Barbosa as a hidden impact player and he killed the Caves in the 4th quarters. He was brought out again for the end of the Eastern series and he did the same to OKC. He is out again today and instant impact. Guts, determination and presence. Every team needs on and Cavs is on the bench more this season.. Delly...

Reply #588490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mosgov, Mosgov, Mosgov.. give him a run right now...

Reply #588491 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the level of basketball being played right now?

Reply #588493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO Love for Love

Reply #588494 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Can someone please explain how Green stepping across in front of James as he drives to the bucket (not having his feet set, then flopping), how is this an offensive foul on James?

Reply #588498 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

As bad as Cleveland have played, they are right there or thereabouts.

Reply #588499 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Splash brothers have not got into it either, not really...

Reply #588503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME Me too. I would be thinking lazy defence and pulling kids off to have a chat.

Reply #588504 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Lead changing in the third, game on!

Reply #588505 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Lead changing in the third, game on!

Reply #588506 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Come'on ref, Delly was playing at the ball, the right ball!

;)

Reply #588507 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Splash brothers have not got into it either, not really..."

And that's what worries me as someone who wants the Land to win.

This team is seriously unbeatable (over a 7 game series)

Curry and Klay haven't really even got going..so what happens? Iggy, Green and Barbosa get involved and start hitting shots.

It's crazy. Best team of all time and it's not even close.

Reply #588508 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Personally, I think Lebron was celebrating so much the other day following beating the Raptors because he thought (at that stage and with how the WCF series was going) he would match up with Thunder and have a great chance of winning the whole lot.

Dare I say his happiness quickly eroded when he saw GS claw back and ultimately take the West.

Reply #588509 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And, early in the forth it looks like you may be right @MACDUB...

Reply #588511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only took 3 quarters for delly to do something the us media will rip him for

Reply #588512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iggy gonna get himself another FMVP

Reply #588513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barbosa and Delly both free agents. Who's getting paid more this offseason?

Reply #588515 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Only a foul given, nothing to write about regarding Delly, but that said, it was always a concern for me this series as to how he fits into the system behind a fit Kyrie.

Spurs lost any impact Mills could have brought by limiting his minutes and not giving him the same opportunities he took a couple of years ago, and look what happened.

Not saying the Aussie boys are deserving of more, just making the point about Delly and how flat they are playing without his spark and creativity right now...

Reply #588517 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The overall energy levels of the Cavs in home games versus away games is very concerning.

Without having home court advantage over the series, it's seemingly impossible to think they will be this year's champions.

Reply #588518 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yup, got to win one early away or it's gonna be impossible.

Splash, Ker-splash and game over in game one...

Reply #588519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course there's nothing to write about, but like that'll stop them. Dirty delly will be alive and well

Reply #588520 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Irving couldn't guard a chair. He was contributing way more points at the GSW end than he was adding at own. Against a smooth offensive juggernaut like the Warriors, the Cavs are a far worse team with him on court. Has he never heard of a back cut? Livingston in particular was just toying with him.

Reply #588521 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

LeBron seemed to be forcing it badly today. That said, the refs were letting a lot go.

It is very scary for the Cavs that they got beaten by so much without Curry or Klay really contributing.

Good game by Bogut. Unfortunately other than a lob to TT, and being responsible for a ridiculously long delay in play, Delly was ineffective.

Reply #588524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dellys spark and creativity? Hunched over up the court into lob to TT or disgusting floater every other play is not that creative

Reply #588533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cav's would want to improve their defense or they will get swept !!

Reply #588559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont get the Delly hate, AT ALL. He is not that great, he is the modern day 'junk yard dog' type, nt go out there show boating making outlandish statements, he just some how finds a way to make a bit of an impact in spurts on a pretty good team. Just let him be, so pathetic. I get it if he starts mouthing off about how good his game is etc but he doesnt say shit.

As for the Cavs they looked slow and had no spark at all. If LBJ is 1 assist shy of a triple double, they 'keep' the Warriors main duo to 20 combined, and lose, its over. This series like I said previously will be a fizzer, the Warriors will get game 4 in Cleveland I reckon. 4-1 Warriors.

Reply #588560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when was noticing reality "hate".

Reply #588563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Observations are one thing, making evry Cavs related thread about how shit he is at life, is classic tall poppy syndrome by a bunch of internet warriors.

Reply #588564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can people stop calling out tall poppy syndrome for everything. He's not very good. You don't have to be blind to see that. Guess all of America had tall poppy syndrome calling Austin rivers the biggest ever NBA bust. Even he's better than delly

Reply #588566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Delly wasn't 'any good' he wouldn't be getting minutes on a team in the NBA finals. I don't get what you lames get from bashing him on an Internet forum. One of the nicest Australian sportsman I've met too.

Reply #588569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not any good compared to the rest of the league then. Not sure what you lames get from protecting him on an Internet forum. Hope you've already lined up to cop his shoes, will sell like hot cakes

Reply #588570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You're heaps good delly, that's why we won't offer you a cent over the minimum possible contract we can give you"

Reply #588571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is saying Delly is the King, he is pretty shit as far as offereing a whole bunch of options for the Cavs, BUT he plays his role pretty well. Little junkyard dog that makes the odd 3, relieves minutes for the stars and doesnt say boo.

Austin Rivers, although not the biggest bust,(that was just weird to say) is better, ofcourse he is. But for people to go out of their way to dog a bench player is pathetic. Goes in line with the types on here to start with!

Reply #588574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not protecting him, I'm just saying it how it is. He's in the NBA in a team that is in the finals and he is getting solid minutes ahead of some quality players. Surely you have better people to drag down, if that's what you like to do, like the millions who don't make it to the NBA including yourself. Good luck with your shoe deal too.

Reply #588575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If love a shoe deal, if only I was a below average role player I'd probably get one with a joke company

Reply #588577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So next year when he signs elsewhere and is doing nothing off the bench and people can't use the "lebron carried him to another finals" argument anymore, can we criticise him then?

Reply #588579 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It isn't even criticizing. You guys are just hating for the sake of it. If you had balanced points to make that would be fine, but what you have is a bunch of mockery with no substance.

Delly isn't some Kanye West egotist who thinks he's the best player in the world. No one here is saying he is some sort of transcendent once-in-a-generation talent. So why the constant and endless fault-finding in someone who has harnessed every morsel of his limited physical abilities?

If he is just such a shit player, why is he in the league and you not?

If he is so shit, how much must YOU suck?

Reply #588581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's ever compared him to themselves? He's lebron compared to me. But a zero compared to NBA players.

"Oh but he never talks himself up". Probably because he knows more than you guys and understands he's a spud? (Compared to other NBA players before more of his family call me a hater lol)

Reply #588583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ You sound super insecure. If he's a spud they wouldn't play him and they'd definitely play mo Williams or Cunningham before him. This season alone he has been in top 10 3pt%, number 1 in assist to turnover, number 1 in +/-. At any given time there is over 100 NBA players that don't get 1 minute on a court and you are saying the guy who plays backup pg on a finals team is a zero...

Reply #588588 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

They extended his contract last season for a reason. Out of the thousands of point guards who'd love to be in his position, he has it for a reason. His ability to hustle, set up an offense and irritate the opposite is a skill elite enough to see him get rotation minutes on a championship contender. Even if we remove you, personally, from the equation, Matthew Dellavedova is doing better than a good percentage of the whole league - whether or not he is more or less talented.

Reply #588591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They extended him because they could get him for the minimum on a team that featured three max contracts and Tristan Thompson. Remember how no other team offered him anything?

Reply #588593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Average League PER is 15. Dellys is 10. Case closed. He's a below average NBA player.

Reply #588594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he was American noone on here would care about him with those stats. Stop rewarding mediocrity because it's Australian. Pattys PER was 14.6. Hes an average NBA player. But of course he's not in the finals on a team that refused to pay him a cent more than they had to so he may as well not exist to people on here.

Reply #588596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't belive the rubbish sprouting forth from obviously bitter keyboard warriors. Did Delly take your or your kids place in a team as a junior, did he wipe the floor with your or your kids team as a junior lol.
Such hate for one player who's done nothing but work his arse off from day one, and is still doing so now.

All it does is show just how pathetic YOU are to think it's ok to continually trash this guy for everything he does.
He's done and is doing a millions more things in basketball than anyone of you knockers though I'd say it's actually only a couple anons posting who seem to have this axe to grind.
Give it a rest and get over yourselves and the fact that YOU will and were never going to make it to the NBA and this guy did and has.

Reply #588598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure he'll somewhat stop curry in one of the next three games and everyone will love him again

Reply #588604 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bogut's throwing a block party

Reply #588632 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The three headed monster that is Cleveland is really a one-headed monster trying to do way too much all by himself while his 'superstar' colleagues stink it up nearby.

The Cavs were better in last year's playoffs without Love and with Delly running the show in place of Irving. A case of subtraction by addition?

Reply #588635 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Hard to tell XY, but looking that way. In saying that, I'm not sure it would give them any chance of beating the Warriors anyway from what's been seen so far. GSW too deep, too good.

Reply #588641 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Two words,

no, not Splash Brothers....

'Home Court'

Because that is what will win it, again!

Reply #588658 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No, they wouldn't win it without Love and Irving, as last year showed. But they aren't going to win it this year with them, based on the evidence so far. LeBron needs a better supporting cast of top-10 NBA talent to mix it with GSW, or at least some guys who actually give a shit at the defensive end, so he doesn't have to try to do it all alone.

Reply #588670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same chumps hating on Delly.

Reply #588671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754