Anonymous
Years ago

Delly gets a shoe deal

Matthew Dellavedova has signed a 3 year deal shoe with Chinese Shoe, Apparel Company PEAK. The Delly1 shoe will be available in Australia July 1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2643746-matthew-dellavedova-agrees-to-contract-with-chinese-shoe-apparel-company-peak

Topic #39453 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Anyone ever bought a pair? They look horrible.

Reply #588400 | Report this post

harryteabagpotter  
Years ago

When watching play as an under 16 kid, I didn't predict this in his future.

Reply #588401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When watching him this season I didn't expect this. Brave of Peak thinking he can last another three

Reply #588406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going from top of the line Nikes to Chinese fakes. Money talks

Reply #588407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why wouldn't he last another 3 he will get that many years in free agency this year

Reply #588409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm expecting these to be the new version of Andrew Gazes Kmart line

Reply #588415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly just went into shitmode.

Reply #588419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long do you reckon the lines will get for these at Foot Locker midnight releases?

Reply #588420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long do you reckon the lines will get for these at Foot Locker midnight releases?

Reply #588421 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Lol @ Anon #420.

Reply #588422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the nobodies that have no game criticising Delly.

Reply #588424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps the Boomers shouldn't have their Peak uniforms as well.
Where do people think Nikes are made and by whom?
So many haters, so disappointing.

Reply #588425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uncle Martians are more legit than peak

Reply #588427 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Nike>everything else

Reply #588429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just bought a pair...
Not bad.. but unfortunately they come pre dirty.

Reply #588432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To Dellys mum, pretty no one is critising Delly, just Peak, the fact no one wants to be caught dead in a pair. Cheap as chips stuff.

Reply #588434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You idiots that just love to see anyone do well seriously need to get a life,
They will be made out of the same dam factory, Nike is a marketing tool, you pay for the name and nothing else, the manufacturing costs are absolute peanuts

Bit like those knocking someone who's now going to be laughing ....all the way to the bank

Reply #588436 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Whether they're as attractive or premium as established brands, this is all some grand talk from a bunch of people without their own signature shoes. Easy to judge when you've never been approached with a similar opportunity.

Before I had Jordans, I had a pair of Roos in the '80s. Anyone remember them? They had a little pocket on the side for your game money/ticket. Drexler wore them at some point, I think? http://www.kangaroos.com/

Reply #588437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is mentioning 7.5 points off the bench is now good enough for a signature shoe. Tony Parker gets $1 million a year from peak, doubt delly is laughing all the way to the bank...

If you genuinely think these are gonna be as good as Nikes you're a fool

Just because I don't have my own shoes doesn't mean I can't call out a joke when I see one

Reply #588439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Google "peak basketball shoes" and look at the garbage they're trying to sell. Is delly REALLY gonna make people consider them?

Reply #588440 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Having just perused Amazon.com's selection of Peak shoes, all I'll say is that this is a great opportunity for Delly to be involved in the first Peak basketball boot that doesn't look cheap & ugly.
(It's not like Nike doesn't release plenty of designs that are ugly too though)

Reply #588441 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Well done to Delly. Anyone who thinks he won't last in the NBA 3 more seasons is tripping. He'll get at least a 3 year guaranteed deal this off season and probably more. He's shown himself to be a very good backup pg.

Reply #588443 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

No offense to Delly, he is a fantastic ambassador for Australian basketball, and a success story, but when did people start handing out shoe deals to NBA role players?

As great as Andrew Gaze was, I doubt too many kids were rocking his K Mart GAZE shoes.

Kind of wish they left the sneaker game to Ben Simmons.

But anyway, he has his own pair of shoes. It might gain him a little extra coin, and everyone dreams of having their own shoe line, but I doubt they'll fly off the shelf.

Reply #588444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peak call themselves the fastest growing basketball shoe company. They probably aren't wrong. People have actually heard of all the other ones

Their top of the line (Fluro green) high tops are more expensive than the Curry 2s at $250. I know they've signed superstars such as the crap Plumlee and Andrew Nicholson but even they have to know how delusional they are to charge that

Reply #588445 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

As one of Hoops formost sneaker heads, yes Peak is trash. As for him getting his own shoe, good on him, as I doubt any other major brand would have given him one. Get the money while you can, then go back to Nike

Reply #588446 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

None of us are pro ballers yet we all share our opinion without issue. Why do we need to have our own sneaker to speak on this topic all of a sudden?

Reply #588447 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I still actually have my pair of white 'high-top' GAZE basketball shoes from the early 200's, and they are still in great condition.

Stylish and comfortable, but with a few little loose ends, just like the champ himself!

#Respectgazeforwhoheis

#RespectDellyforwhoheis

Reply #588448 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

...2000's...

Not quite that old, ha!

Reply #588449 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I'm curious to see what the Delly1 will look like and clearly I am not alone. This would be putting a smile on the faces of Peak staff.

Furthermore I imagine an Under Armour shoe rep would have been mocked and ridiculed 3-4 years ago had they make a claim that Under Armour would be one of the more popular (and expensive) shoes within the basketball shoe market. A Nike rep too, albeit 30 years ago, had they made a statement that Nike would be the kings of the basketball shoe market and that Converse would have less than a 10% global market share.

Anyone worn converse basketball boots in the last 10 years? Maybe the Wade line that survived 2 releases

Peak have been a smaller player in the larger basketball shoe market for a couple of years but who knows what the future holds. Maybe this is a small step towards a future market dominance or maybe they will be laughed at just like people do when recollecting Dunlop's Gaze brand or Stephon Marbury's shoe line.

Reply #588450 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So that's why people laugh at me, damned, I thought I was just a funny guy, thanks for clearing it up for me @BigAds much appreciated :)

Reply #588451 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

You have a point though! I recall my first pair of Nike runners, decades ago and they were plain shoes, but the quality was there and I do remember them all these years.

Reply #588452 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I'm more mature now Bear so I won't laugh at you, I might shake my head.

The Gaze shoes were "character" building just like the Aerosport high tops I was forced to wear in high school.

Reply #588453 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tony Parker gets $1 million a year from peak, doubt delly is laughing all the way to the bank...

If you genuinely think these are gonna be as good as Nikes you're a fool
Haven't seen anyone suggest this is a big money deal or that Peak are stunning shoes with the cachet of Nike. Just that he's getting a signature shoe deal as an Australian role player in the NBA. Good on him. Great role model for younger players and with the potential to add a ring too.

I think continually casting any aspersions with attitude like this says as much about you as anything.

It's like waiting until your midweight friend finally meets a homely girl and they're set to get married. They're both happy. And you pipe up "She's not *that* good looking really. You should see the wife of rich, celebrity X."

Here are ways of making your points that don't make you sound like an intolerable wanker.

"It's not Nike, but good on him!"
"I think Peak lag in shoe design but hopefully he can push them in the right direction."

Reply #588463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They will be made out of the same dam factory" insinuates that the quality will be the same. Intolerable wankers are people who think this guy deserves a shoe deal

Reply #588464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How to be an intolerable wanker: think you're important because you run a basketball blog

Reply #588465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very brave, anonymous. You reek of bitterness.

Reply #588467 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Certain posts should just be deleted as they're of no value whatsoever, and only tempt others to waste time on an obvious troll.

Reply #588468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peak is to Nike as hoops is to bleacher report. Forever a joke

Reply #588469 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not responding to the anon' Troll, just want to make a point here that Delly's playing singlets were and probably still are one of the top sellers in the NBA, just sayin' he deserves and will accept what he has earned in 'blood sweat and bruises' nothing more and nothing less...

Reply #588476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a shame that NIKE AU didn't push NIKE USA to sign Delly with the aim of signing future NBA Aussies and build the brand in Australia.

I hope Delly contract is money based ONLY and not based on shares within the company centered around sales numbers because PEAK cant and never will be in the same arena as NIKE & Adidas.

Good luck to him

Reply #588482 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Build the brand in Australia? Do I need to point out the obvious here?

Reply #588483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peak signed delly to build their brand in Australia. If a company is selling some of the most expensive shoes, up there with Kobes, Lebrons and Currys, they must already think they're a big company. Some of their designs look like they should be in The Shoe Shed, not big w or Kmart. Would anyone buy a pair of Peak Dellys if they were more than $100? I think they should be very cheap and hope that enough kids haven't develop a sense of style yet and will buy them. Id be surprised to see anyone under 18s and up even look twice at them

Reply #588510 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Anyone remeber the AND1 junk when it came out? Complete junk but had marketing around it so peoppe bought it. Now it is marketed to a specific audience of people as the gloss and hype has died down.

No idea of the sales but with the population in Europe and Asia PEAK could easy get numbers to be a decent player where they are currently.

Checked out some of the shoes and some are damn ugly, but others are not much different to what else is out there in the market.

http://www.peaksport.com.au/collections/footwear-basketball-shoes-mens

All they need to do is put money behind a few big name players and then bam they are the next under Armour with a new follwoing.

Some of us our brand loyal but younger kids (the type that wont leave parents alone) are loyal to what their idols are wearing.

good luck to Delly he has taken what was on offer and if it sets him up the best way possible for latter on in life then great.

Not every Aussie that goes over there is gonna be the man.But I know the guys has done 1 million times betetr then i ever have or will so power to him.

Reply #588523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I just bought a new car."
"hahahah that isn't even the best car u can get, ur an idoit for doing that"
"But you dont even own a car?"
"Sorry Mrs Car lol"

Reply #588525 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Peak already have Tony Parker and Dwight Howard. Parker left Nike for Peak. Of course money talks. People make all sorts of decisions because of money.

Reply #588527 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Dwayne Wade also left Jordan Brand for that Chinese Sneaker Company I could care less about.
Some players probably prefer to have their opinion heard and not just be one of many athletes under a global giant like Nike's umbrella.

Reply #588530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking money to wear trash is hardly an opinion. Way Of Wades are nice at least. Howard's never had a good looking shoe even with adidas

Reply #588532 | Report this post

kingpodge  
Years ago

I can't believe he took a bucket load of money to wear someone's shoes...... horrible decision....

He should just play in barefeet and for free....... how dare he......

Reply #588535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its probably good he took the money. Won't be getting anything in free agency again if he plays like he did today for the next three games.

Reply #588536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This series won't mean much for his free agency teams take the whole year into account he will be looking at 5-6 mil this offseason get used to it.

Reply #588537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For 7 points a game. Damn

Reply #588538 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Nike don't need to sign Aussie players to get us to buy their shoes, we'll buy them anyway.

How many people buy UA because of Patty?

Does anybody wear Nike because of Bogut?

I love watching Klay Thompson play but I'm ain't buying Anta

Nike/Adidas doesn't care about Australian Basketball our market doesn't make them enough $$$$, if that was the case they would be investing in this country like they already do in China,Brazil, Spain and so on.

The only player who could change that is possibly Simmons.

Peak are willing to pay for roll players.

Reply #588547 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754