RMQ
Years ago

Sydney Kings confirm Brad Newley signing for 3 years

A major announcement will be made at 1600 AEST on Fox Sports.

Any clues as to what it maybe?

Topic #39480 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

"We're a bit worried about Andrew as head coach. Just giving the fans a heads up."

Reply #588856 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Odds are it's B-Newley.

Reply #588858 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Hakeem Olajuwon

Reply #588859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley was already announced

Reply #588860 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

^me

Reply #588861 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

When was it announced? Got a link?

Reply #588862 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Found it

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/blow-for-adelaide-36ers-as-superstar-brad-newley-signs-for-sydney-kings/news-story/78f63d5b029de5de1d5fb0f4ca2468f2

Reply #588863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley confirmed I'd reckon. Good pick up.

Reply #588864 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Confirmed Newley for three seasons.

Reply #588866 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Seems he will close his career out as a Sydney King. Should be interesting to see what impact he has on the league, and whether he has retained some of the offensive firepower that made him deadly in Townsville.

Reply #588867 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

+ for the league.

Reply #588868 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think people forget he's only 31 years old because he's been out of the NBL for so long. I don't know if he's going to be scoring 20 PPG, but he figures to be a top quality local swingman.

Reply #588904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley is a good signing for the Kings bringing some much needed experience to the team. With that said, he will be expected to score 15+ points a game now that he is back in the NBL after having a some good success in Europe.

Reply #588912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very keen to watch Newley play back on Aus soil. We really have only seem him play once every couple of years for Australia.

Reply #588915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depending on the Perth import situation I would go as

1:Perth
2:United
3:Kings
4:Breakers

5:Brisbane
6:Adelaide
7:Hawks

Reply #589305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forgot the Taipans.

5:Taipans
6:Brisbane
7:Adelaide
8:Hawks

Reply #589306 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Adelaide is going to be a lot better than people are expecting. They're going to run and gun half of the league off the floor.

Reply #589310 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

People have said it before and it's still been Perth and NZ in the Final, but this season is gonna have a load of talent and it's way too early to pick... Hawks have been quiet, but if they do manage to get Rotnei, they're automatically back in the hunt...

Cairns have added some key players and still imports to go? Brisbane have some solid players and it's all about chemistry with them, so who knows? No doubt half the Kings team will go down with season ending injuries *does some serious knocking on wood* and they'll be down the bottom again... Anything could happen...

Reply #589312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754