Ricky
Years ago

NBA Schedule and Injuries

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/16009898/nba-injury-problem-scheduling-one

I for one am tired of an 82 game season + Playoffsm i can only imagine how the players feel.

People too greedy, putting players at risk.

You see some of the crowds at the in mid season games and they are like half empty in Denver, etc.

Too many games to be honest.

Topic #39483 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

it's all about the $$$

No chance of them reducing 82 games

Reply #588895 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Reduce schedule, reduce salaries. They have to go hand in hand. I would also think that the TV deals would probably prevent this occuring until they at least run out. It would be interesting to see how many players would take the very large pay cut to stay healthier.

Reply #588897 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Reducing salaries won't keep the profit the same.

They make a profit per match after salaries and all those expenses, so if you reduce matches it's assumed you're reducing salaries and other expenses AND EVEN THEN you're still forgoing the profit per match which is the exact reason why the NBA won't reduce the fixture, if anything they'll increase it.

Reply #588918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754