Tom
Years ago

Terrance Ferguson - Pass or Fail

What are everyone's thoughts on the signing of 18 year old high school import Terrance Ferguson? I know it's early and we haven't seen him play yet but how does everyone think he will fare in his rookie season?

Topic #39505 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Great athlete. Great shooter. Great potential. He will take his lumps but he will be worth it for the money he is being paid.

Reply #589251 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think it's a pass for the recruiting but we can't really say how well an 18 year old will go.

If this guy's a lottery prospect; at 6-7 he should be fine.

Reply #589252 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Does the fun police need to point out this bloke hasn't signed with the 36ers - at least as of yet?

Reply #589256 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Is this official yet?

Reply #589257 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think it's a done deal

Reply #589259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 and who?

Reply #589260 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16103347/terrance-ferguson-play-arizona

Reply #589263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell us. No need for any link. You know him? Put your ball sac on the line?

Reply #589264 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Boti has more or less confirmed it a couple of articles now. So
im going by his confidence.

Reply #589269 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

The NBL is a very well scouted league and if he has any weaknesses they will be exposed. He will certainly struggle at times but his athleticism and shooting ability should be able to flourish in Joey's system.

He might be surprised by the level of play here and the physicality here too. He wouldn't be the first import to underestimate the NBL.

Reply #589270 | Report this post

Asics Gel  
Years ago

If he does come out I think he may struggle with the physicality of the NBL.

Casey Prather struggled to start the season last year but found his groove.
Marcus Thornton struggled with it.
Jahii Carson came out with the attitude this was his stepping stone to NBA and he different need to work for it.

I think the hardest thing for these younger imports is the fact that they get treated like a superstar by media and fans, but don't get the "superstar" calls that they may expect from referees.

Reply #589271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has signed, he is legit, wait for this coming Friday for the announcement.

Reply #589274 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

OK annon. I hope you deliver on Friday.

Makes sense NBA game 6 that day too so media should be covering basketball that night on the news.

Reply #589284 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

A pass for the recruitment but don't forget that this is a kid straight out of high school and even though he's rated highly, we've seen imports come in with a lot more experience and struggle. It's a man's league and how he deals with it and how the expectations are managed will go a long way to how he ends up, either a Prather or a Thornton...

Hopefully the fans keep their expectations in check early on and he's allowed to settle in and develop instead of people expecting huge highlights and big numbers every game...

Reply #589290 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I like the idea of bringing in imports that are aspiring to the make the NBA over NBA journeymen purely for the fact they are young and hungry and have something to prove.

The risk is always going to be the mentality and resolve of each individual and how they can hack a physical professional league.

Reply #589292 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think it is a bit silly to be 'too' critical of the kid. Lets face it, if the NBA drafted 18 year olds he'd be drafted now.

He will take time to adjust, but I think he will do just fine and be of more value than some scrub from some Macedonian league

Reply #589296 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

More evidence tonight that Arizona signee Terrance Ferguson may be headed to professional basketball: He is no longer listed on the roster for USA Basketball's U18 training camp.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/ferguson-drops-off-usa-basketball-roster/article_05fa164e-31f5-11e6-9c61-c7ddecdf9426.html

Also Boti included him in the 36ers list in the ANANDA sponsorship article

Reply #589378 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Interesting. Hopefully it all comes to a head tomorrow.

Reply #589382 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Ok Anons.. it's Friday.... where's the news at?

Reply #589404 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Wheres that announcement?

Reply #589427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754