paul
Years ago

Rob Loe signs with NZ Breakers

Marc Hinton reporting one of the worst-kept secrets of the off-season with Loe returning home. A good finesse big man, he has improved his toughness in recent times and should make a quality back-up for Alex Pledger.

If my maths is correct, the Breakers have one local and two imports left to sign, assuming they have only used two marquee spots to date.

Topic #39511 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Why are we assuming they've used any marquee spots?

Reply #589407 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Because the first marquee only counts for $150K against the cap and the second $200K.

They're likely paying at least two guys more than that, so I assume a well-run organisation like NZ would be utilising the marquee rule to maximise cap space and minimise penalty payments.

Reply #589412 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Webster and Loe?

Is there any provision for marquee signings being publicly acknowledged as such?

Reply #589415 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think value against the cap is going to be announced by the league this year.

Re Breakers, I wouldn't have thought Loe would be one of them, I'd be surprised if their back-up C would be on close to that cash.

Reply #589419 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie and Webster are both likely to be marquee signings on NZ's roster being as both could easily have secured contracts in Europe.

Reply #589432 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

He was great in St Elmo's Fire

Reply #589435 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I thought he played Union?

Reply #589456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754