Isaac
Years ago

Ben Simmons drafted first by 76ers

Third #1 NBA pick out of Melbourne. Should be great to see what he can do on the big stage.

Gives Melbourne as many #1 picks as California and Texas combined. And equal third in the world:

Chicago - 5 - Russell 1966, Martin 1972, Aguirre 1981, Rose 2008, Davis 2012
New York - 4 - Felix 1953, Green 1956, Heyman 1963, Abdul-Jabbar 1969
Washington - 3 - Baylor 1958, Hetzel 1965, Carr 1971

Topic #39541 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

I do hope that he doesn't end up stuck on a dead end program there for years to come.

Reply #589865 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Bogut, Irving and Simmons yes they qualify as Melbourne born don't they...

Reply #589871 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

3 Melbourne-born, 2 Australians in 11 years

Reply #589897 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Victorians always have an advantage in international sporting things like this over the other states,and particularly in basketball -----there is just an overwhelmingly greater incentive to leave Victoria ;)

Reply #589901 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Now wouldn't it be great to see the Bucks send Thon Maker to spend a season in the NBL! Thats what NBA teams should be doing with their "project player".

Reply #589906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wonder Ben looked so stoked at the draft. Old tweet of his surfaced saying "75% Philly niggas gay". Savage

Reply #589929 | Report this post

Squad8.com.au  
Years ago

It's crazy to think that we've had two first overall picks from Melbourne. But to be honest, doing what I do I'm not surprised!

Reply #589955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754