Aussie
Years ago

Emerging Boomers v China?

Apparently the first game is today?

Is there anywhere we can follow live stats?

Topic #39548 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is any of these so call Emerging Boomers have a remote chance of making the team for RIO?

Emerging goes along the same line as Potential which become a saying about a player thru out his whole career but never reach his potential.

Reply #589946 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Ummm... They are "Emerging".

None are on the Rio squad.

Harry Froling has a legit chance of making the Olympics in the future and the NBA

Reply #589948 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There are a lot of guys who should be in the emerging team but aren't. I am also not sure why they keep beating the Mitch Norton horse. The dude isn't going to amount to much in my estimation - a poor man's Adam Gibson at best.

Reply #589950 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

ME, I agree. I would have liked to have seen Anthony Drmic on the team but I believe he is heading to the NBA Summer League

Reply #589952 | Report this post

Squad8.com.au  
Years ago

I was watching the U17 yesterday against Canada. I have to say Sam Froling and Dragan Elkaz really impressed me.

Reply #589954 | Report this post

Aussie Hoops  
Years ago

I agree on Sam Froling I think he will end up better than his brother. The reason for having this team is to get the players used to playing together as they will be required a lot more when the new qualifying system begins after Rio.

Reply #589956 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

You can watch here at 10:15pm tonight

https://t.co/JYyM8LsGwa

Courtesy of Basketball Australia Website

Reply #589959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Cadee tweeted that they beat Serbia in game 1 of course Basketball Australia has provided no updates as usual.

Reply #589964 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The same Serbia that is going in to play for the Olympic qualifiers or is this their B squad?

Reply #589967 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Their A-team is playing games in Europe at the moment.

Reply #589981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here is the report from the 1st 2 games they beat China by 2 points yesterday. There is a box score for the Serbia game I don't know if their players are any good or not.

http://www.basketball.net.au/emerging-boomers-win-first-two-games-china-tour/

Reply #590024 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It is great that they have won these games. The CBA team they beat has been a together a while. And even Serbia's B team would be a decent win for Emerging, seeing they were thrown together just this week.

Mind you, this Emerging Boomers team is without our best future potential.

Reply #590027 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Blanchfield with 37 points in the opening two games after a strong China tour in May, I think he should be in the Boomers squad and get a chance to push for Rio.

Reply #590029 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Agreed. He might actually fight for Newleys spot as a bench SF.

Reply #590033 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

don't get to excited.. Dropped 37 on townsville game 1 and i thought he would have a amazing year, ended up being pretty subpar..

Reply #590035 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

One thing we've always needed is scorers. IF we can get a few more of them then are charge is that much stronger.

Reply #590037 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I hardly think he was subpar. He played his role on a team that had it very easy early on. Also basically everything was run for either Goulding, Holt or Kickert.

Reply #590038 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Just doing some research on their opponents the Liaoning Leopards who at full strength are one of the top CBA teams. They played in the last CBA finals and their opponents were the Sichuan Blue Wales who had as an import at one stage ( and I quote from their team list}...

Metta World Peace (known in China as The Panda's Friend) (2014-15).....

LOL.

Reply #590052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754