Isaac
Years ago

The Durant Decision

Kevin Durant has been courted by a few teams with whom he's held meetings. Warriors, Spurs, etc among them. He's had a second meeting since with the incumbent Thunder and is expected to announce a decision via The Players' Tribune.

What's your guess?

Topic #39587 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boston are the dark horse

Reply #590618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The consensus is that it's down to the warriors and thunder. Gut feel is gsw

Reply #590620 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The easy road would be with the Warriors and a ready-built team, strong coach, etc. Legacy obviously plays on players' minds.

The switch to build his own dynasty under a big brand, solid coach and burgeoning roster would be the Celtics. Also marginally closer to his place of birth, Washington.

The money-move that also prevents him from being criticised for taking the easy road would be staying with Oklahoma. But it's hard to know how much playing with Westbrook really works for him.

The money says OKC but if he's going to jump ship, the Warriors are surely the obvious option?

Reply #590625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he'll re-sign with OKC for 1+1 player opt then we'll go through all this again next year

Reply #590627 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

The question is: Who is no. 1 option with both Curry and Durant? will be interesting...

Reply #590628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He only gets more money if he stays with OKC long term. If he's doing a 1+1 then there is negligible difference. Also the warriors won't be a free agent option next season if they match Barnes and extend curry they have no cap room

Reply #590632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would he make a Players' Tribune announcement if it was just going to be a 1+1? Makes me think he'll make the move. Otherwise, why even meet with the suitors? Not like he needs to argue his way to a better deal - OKC would give him whatever he wants.

I'm inclined to think that he's going to Golden State.

Reply #590633 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I hope not. I like GSW, but will be hoping for their downfall if they sign Durant.

That said, it might backfire anyway. There is only so much of the ball to be shared around.

Reply #590634 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I think (read hope) that he will stay with OKC and was just doing to rounds to make sure he was making the right decision. If he signs on for 5 it will be his last contract while he is in his prime, so just doing his due diligence. Right, guys?

Reply #590635 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

oh so hoping it will be the Hawks.

Reply #590636 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I think he will do a 1 + 1 in OKC, then next offseason he will let Westbrook be the bad guy and wait for him to leave first.
Then he has an excuse to move to another team and still look like he was trying to keep the team together.

He seems like the kind of guy that is worried about he image and legacy.

Were as Westbrook will just want to go to a bigger market for fame and glory.

Reply #590637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is more room in the cap next year - LeBron will do the same thing with Cleveland

Reply #590641 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

GWS Giants for me too (;

Reply #590642 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

OKC have shown that they are prepared to make bold moves to keep the team in the picture for a title by moving on Brooks and then trading Ibaka.
Heck they were only 1x game away from the finals.

I think with their savvy offseason moves and ability to pay him the most that they are in the prime seats to retain him.

I hope he stays.....

Reply #590644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac KD is a big player's tribune guy he could easily announce a 1+1 there

Reply #590648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not long to go now guys. Should be a fun night on Twitter

Reply #590649 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Its too much to take. He better announce something soon!

Reply #590655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't the 36ers still got an import spot open, Joey had better be doing his job and setting up a meeting with him otherwise I'm ripping up my season tickets. So sick of Adelaide being stingey with money, surely they can sign him as marquee player. Would be great on the break with Randle.

Reply #590656 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lebron to 36ers or Joey should resign

Reply #590657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boston?

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/durants-decision-kd-join-horford-052018453.html?soc_src=default

Reply #590658 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754