Aussie
Years ago

Cameron Bairstow to sign with Brisbane Bullets

Twitter Olgun Uluc

Topic #39628 | Report this topic

7 time champs  
Years ago

From what I saw last night, not really faxed about that signing.

Reply #591468 | Report this post

7 time champs  
Years ago

#fazed#

Reply #591469 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

This is good for him, he needs to get minutes to develop his game.

Reply #591472 | Report this post

Je  
Years ago

Kickert, Jervis, Petrie, Young and now Bairstow ... will be interesting to see how Lemanis handles the minutes/rotations of all these bigs.

Reply #591476 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's a bit unfair to judge Cam on his 2 Boomers performances because the last time he played a proper game was probably at the World Cup.

Reply #591478 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The NBL looks better than it did last season, so much to look forward to, this is awesome news for us and hopefully will be just the confidence boost he needs to go back and crack into the NBA too...

Reply #591479 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good signing if true. A Matt Knight type, and I think most teams would be happy to have one of them.

Reply #591486 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That's a lot of bigs on the one roster...

Reply #591495 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

They should probably move Young on, because I can't see him getting minutes in that rotation.

Reply #591497 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

I'm concerned of the balance of the team. From memory we have Gibson, Bruce and Craig in the back court, although Craig is probably a 3. Petrie is a 3,4. Kickert will probably play 4 with Jervis & Bairstow playing the 5. Terangi is rubbish as well as young. I'd rather get rid of Terangi & young to pick up a good shooting guard. We will have a terrific front court & should be a good defensive team

Reply #591506 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If anything, Peach is a 4/5 being an undersized 5, he's got more chance of handling 5s in our league than 3s...

Gibbo / Bruce
??? / ???
Craig* / Te Rangi
Bairstow / Peach
Kickert / Jervis / Young

That's a LOT of bigs that aren't really that flexible... Kickert could move to the 4 with Jervis, Young is a 4/5, so I guess Andrej is going for an import SG at least? Hopefully CJ is working hard as Andrej will have his hands full until August...

Reply #591512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many teams will fold in the following season because they can't compete with this farce of an NBL now.

Reply #591514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed.
There are 4 types of teams this season.
* Teams that can't afford to compete with the stacked ones and will be uncompetitive
* Teams that will overspend trying to compete but get the mix wrong, the coaching wrong, or be unlucky with injuries so they will still lose plenty of games
* Teams that will spend big to stack themselves but will still lose a lot of money because attendance, sponsorship, and other sources of income will not increase anything close to the amount that their spending has increased
* One lucky team that will win the title with their stacked roster but will still probably lose a heap of money in the process

Reply #591517 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"How many teams will fold in the following season because they can't compete with this farce of an NBL now."

Have you looked at the ownership behind this? The ownership of teams is what is driving this spending, not the league. I am pretty sure they have some sort of plan for the future.

Reply #591521 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The league is the Bullets ownership.

Reply #591527 | Report this post

Years ago

Not a good signing considering they stocked up on bigs, I was sure Perth would get him. They will struggle to score this year withour Kickert on the floor... also must be strapped for cash now so will be looking for a cheapy import SG for sure...

Reply #591530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and that's exactly why it is doomed to long term if not short term failure.
The NBL has been blinkered for many years about having Brisbane in the NBL. There was NO ONE interested in financially baking the Bullets in Brisbane. NO ONE.
Now Larry has taken up the poisoned chalice and run with it. Owning the NBL, the United and the Bullets now why isn't this an issue? In any other sport it would be.
Let's see where Cairns and the Hawks end up next season. here will Adel up as well? After this next season there is only one season left for the Kestleman behemoth, of no salary cap and what ever other rules we will invent to suit us, the NBL that LKG owns.

Reply #591531 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Better than no NBL at all anon. Oh thats right you're an anon.

Reply #591535 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

And with that ends Cam Bairstow's NBA career I think. He will be a good NBL forward, maybe a great one, but he doesn't seem to be NBA material.

Reply #591537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ill just search "orbit" on Facebook and you'll pop up will you? A random name doesn't make you any less anonymous than someone leaving that option blank.

How is anyone saying a bloke who played close to zero minutes that they THINK his NBA career is over. Did it even start?

Reply #591542 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Western Sydney Wanderers followed the same model that the Bullets are following. League ownership for a few years and then sold. Club will become attractive to potential buyers once foundation is set up and fanbase is established.

Reply #591558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its only a matter of a few more years Orbit and there will be no NBL. In fact I would suspect if Brisbane isn't sold in the next season and possibly no more than 2 seasons Kestleman will hand his 51% back.
He will have blown millions and will be happy he has tried and walk.

Reply #591562 | Report this post

Years ago

Adelaide? They will be a top four team, look at their signings, retained Randle, signed a future NBA talent, signed a rare comodity player for the NBL - a big-man who can block shots in bunches and knock down 3's in Majok Deng, signed a Boise State gun in Drmic and will have a physical bigman as their next import soon. They will be a good team, whether or not they can win it all remains to be seen... Knowing Joey he will make it work. You are insane if you place them outside top 4 with all that talent.

Reply #591578 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

ill just search "orbit" on Facebook and you'll pop up will you? A random name doesn't make you any less anonymous than someone leaving that option blank.
It means you have a reputation and accountability, instead of being able to talk garbage with no consequences.

Reply #591579 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Means shit all if it's this easy to impersonate you
It's not perfect, sure. But it's better than remaining completely anonymous.

I don't get it. I have always had importance here. Because it's so important to have a name rather than those anonymous retards.
Not wanting to be lumped in with the more...factually challenged anons is, in fact, another reason to get a username.

Most anons are people with zero credibility who take advantage of the complete lack of accountability to post utterly stupid garbage. So anon posts in general have less credibility. It's not complicated.

Reply #591590 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That mitchell & ness singlet

Reply #591673 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

What do you guys think of the jersey?

Reply #591675 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Too AFL-ish..

Reply #591677 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I know what it needs, the ball included like the real logo has (in the background) and the number moved to the side of the ball to accommodate it.

Reply #591679 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Mitchell & Ness writing should be in red, not white with a red box around it. This is the bumpersticker issue.

Bullets logo & number should be higher if there's no sponsor.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea or a bad idea to incorporate the full logo including the ball, i'd have to see both versions to make a decision

Reply #591680 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Done in 'Paint' at work.. dont judge. lol

Reply #591695 | Report this post

notkoberulz  
Years ago

I like it

Reply #591703 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I appreciate the effort haha

Reply #591704 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

You know if you squint hard enough and at the right moment... seamless lol

Reply #591705 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Looks better with the ball

Reply #591707 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Reply #591711 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Niice

Reply #591712 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think the uniform looks okay. I think it might only be a prototype. I would be surprised if they didn't add something more to it.

Even if they don't, it is much better than anything from ISC or AND1.

Reply #591714 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Far too basic for me. It is probably the away jersey since I would assume they would go with the maroon and gold for home. The blue and gold is a nice reference to the past. Can't say I'm a huge fan of that jersey so far to be brutally honest.

Reply #591729 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Looks like the kind of jersey that would cost me $40 to buy when I join a new rec league team... But I'll wait to see the home jersey, because that's usually the more impressive one.

Reply #591767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754