Aussie
Years ago

David Andersen to sign with Melbourne United

Twitter Olgun Uluc

Topic #39629 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge signing for United! why now though as it's been rumoured practically since the season finished?

Reply #591465 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Huge signing! Melbourne are my title favourites right now, depending on who their import(s) are.

Reply #591471 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I like this news, he still has plenty to offer, look forward to watching his ring-craft and see how he fits into the team oriented play we may see more of at UTD, rather than just the three ball which effectively nose dived their finals hopes!

Reply #591481 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Andersen/Patton
Majok/Wesley
Blanchfield/Barlow/Odigie
Goulding/Hadziomerovic
Jackson/Tomlinson

That's team done unless they decide to cut someone. Unusually for a Melbourne team in recent times it's a balanced and flexible line-up and one that should be able to challenge NZ and Perth.

Reply #591485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

patton is cut, they will add one for import

Reply #591487 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Patton has been demoted to training player and I think Odigie is as well unless I'm mistaken. Majok will be a back up to Andersen and they will go after an import 4.

Reply #591488 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Those would be good moves, Tom. Patton provides little.

Reply #591489 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

You're forgetting Marcel Jones. He's the import 4.

Reply #591490 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

You're forgetting Marcel Jones. He's the import 4.

Reply #591491 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Isn't Jones a Kiwi?

Reply #591492 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jones is a naturalised Kiwi

Reply #591498 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

This league is going to be loaded with big front courts. Will be like going back to the Dorge, Bradtke, Uthoff, Borner, then followed by Pepper, Melmorth, Dwight, Rogers & Anstey. Loved the Dorge v Bradtke battles

Reply #591509 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Do you mean Ben Melmeth? lol

Reply #591511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO salary cap is a joke.

Reply #591513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These high quality aussies returning to the league are all well and good until it all comes crashing down in a big pile of overspending. Nothing against any of these individual players but I don't like this trend at all.

Reply #591516 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Perth are yet to prove they are worthy of making the finals let alone in the title picture as their squad will look something like this

Import/Brandt
Knight/Wagstaff/Redhage
Prather/Hire
Import/local
Martin/Kenny

That's a team dependant on a gun shooting guard unless we can get Motum. As so far it's basically Brandt for Jervis.

Sydney, Melbourne and Illawarra look far scarier than Perth at present and I think Cairns, NZ and Adelaide look tough too and who knows about Brisbane

Reply #591520 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

That team looks scary without filling in the last 2 import spots. Add a Cedric Jackson/ Ibekwe and a stud SG and it gets really scary for other teams.

Reply #591522 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I would guess that MU has only 1 spot left on its roster? I may be wrong?

Reply #591524 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

sorry i meant Charles not cedirc

Reply #591525 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Perth are yet to prove they are worthy of making the finals let alone in the title picture as their squad will look something like this."

The NBL title goes through Perth or NZ, that's the way it is until someone can prove otherwise. Paper teams are really only good for wiping your backside.

Reply #591526 | Report this post

Years ago

You think signing a 36 year old with one good year left is big? This move means he is basically coming to the end of his career. Euro teams practically let him walk at this point, he will be decent but certainly does not make this team a contender, Warrick was a much better player, too bad they could not retain him.

Reply #591528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that 4 time Olympian has nothing to offer. Is it still skool holidays?

Reply #591529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patton gone. Love to know where you guys get your 'info' from.

Reply #591545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Skool"

Reply #591546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply/#p591545

http://www.melbourneutd.com.au/more-news/chris-patton-melbourne-part-ways/

Igor Hadziromeic gone as well

Reply #591547 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

Yep Ben Melmeth

Reply #591549 | Report this post

Years ago

Don't give me the olympic crap mate, doesn't mean he ages in reverse - he is 36 years old, "is it skool holidays" only a kid would say something that stupid... I didn't say he wouldn't be good, but you overhype United fans make yourself look stupid with all the high expectations coming from one good season last year...

Reply #591554 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"You think signing a 36 year old with one good year left is big? This move means he is basically coming to the end of his career. Euro teams practically let him walk at this point, he will be decent but certainly does not make this team a contender, Warrick was a much better player, too bad they could not retain him."

People who have only seen Anderson play for the Boomers against top competition understate what he will do in the NBL. The guy has more championships than any Australian player in any professional competition. Where Anderson goes, success follows. He will easily be the best big man in the competition next year. Who is going to be able to contain his outside shot? Who is going to stop him from hitting his turn around 10-15 footers? He is going to be the best big man in the league. You can book it right now.

Reply #591559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez Shitiveni is back.

Reply #591560 | Report this post

Years ago

Lol, people said Jawai would be unstoppable in the post, you all said the same "Jawai will be the best bigman in the league".

Reply #591577 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Find four examples.

Reply #591580 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Jawai essentially was unstoppable in the post. He was only limited by his own fitness. I'd like you to find a centre who performed better than Jawai last year on minutes played.

Reply #591581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai was a starting 5 player on the championship team, just saying..

Andersen will be interesting, im not convinced at 36 he will dominate the NBL, but i think he will be decent at the very least

Anstey came back younger, but was still very good in the NBL at around 36 years old as a comparison, so it is possible Andersen could do similar

Im not ready to say he will be the outright best big in the NBL though

My tip for that is actually Bairstow, he is a young Matt Knight, he will be a beast at both ends and is still in his prime, or leading upto it

Reply #591584 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Thanks for your 5 insightful posts 800.

Reply #591588 | Report this post

Thon Hotel  
Years ago

What are the odds. I was strolling down one of the main shopping streets of Oslo today and snapped a photo of David Andersen

Reply #591592 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, I don't see Anderson dominating the league, but I expected him to make United a better team. They might even run an offense now, from time to time.

Reply #591627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754