Baseline shooter
Years ago

Joe Ingles All-Star Camp

Did the Joe Ingles camp go ahead? I haven't seen anything on social media or in the media about it.

Topic #39637 | Report this topic

notkoberulz  
Years ago

Bit rich calling it an allstar camp as a benchwarmer but ok

Reply #591689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haters gonna hate hey kobz?

Reply #591756 | Report this post

notkoberulz  
Years ago

Yet again pointing out the fact he's very average is hating. I hate Australian basketball fans. When delly and ingles are considered good what hope does this country have

Reply #591762 | Report this post

notkoberulz  
Years ago

What level is he an allstar at? Premier league?

Reply #591764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok mate, ill bite. First of all, its a form of hating because you go out of your way to comment on the 'All Star' theme, why not just let it be? Secondly, do you share the same sentiment for the likes of Mark Davis Al Green etc with their 'All Star' camps? If Ingles was playing in Aus he would be an All Star/MVP candidate every single season. So for the kids who will potentially go along, get involved in the game and be the future All Stars of tomorrow its a great title. Now get your warrior like fingers off the key board and respect a great Aussie talent, or dont, just dont mock him for the sake of it.

Reply #591791 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

To even make an NBA roster you have to be better than an average player. In the scheme of things, being in the top 350 players in the world should give you claim to be some sort of star.

Reply #591792 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Did Ingles play an NBL All-Star game while he was here?

Reply #591794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably not because the league was so shite back then they didnt even promote the concept. Thats a mute point.

Reply #591795 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

All-Star because those involved will all be stars of some point. Joe Ingles qualifies as a star in Australian basketball. There isn't much more analyzing to do on the matter.

Reply #591796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ME said.

Reply #591797 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Probably not because the league was so shite back then they didnt even promote the concept. Thats a mute point.
There were all-star games in the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

I think you mean 'moot point'.

Reply #591800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

according to BA website it appears he has
http://www.basketball.net.au/ba_player/joe-ingles/
Major Awards:

Olympic Games: 2008, 2012
FIBA World Championship: 2010
Gaze Medal (International Player of the Year): 2009, 2012
NBL Champion: 2009
NBL Rookie of the Year: 2007
NBL All-Star: 2006, 2008
Spanish League Champion: 2011, 2012

Reply #591802 | Report this post

notkoberulz  
Years ago

Didn't realise the top 350 players all play in the NBA. Hell even some of the garbage in Australia would be better than some end of the bench players

Reply #591805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Up there with the likes of Damian Lillards camp I'm sure

Reply #591807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got that wrong Notkobe...

Reply #591814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he was an All Star enough said. Also thanks for the spell check Kobe, of course that really wasn't a main aspect of the post to dissect, but so be it. Got to do what you got to do, I guess.

Reply #591817 | Report this post

notkoberulz  
Years ago

Good point, everyone loving bairstow being back when he barely touched an NBA court

Reply #591820 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

If you can't understand why Aussie basketball fans might follow, support or be fans of Aussie basketball players playing at the (or their) highest level (whatever that may be), then you fail to understand the basic psychology of sports tribalism.

I assume given you are trolling a basketball website you are a basketball fan. It is fine, if you don't get the whole hero worship for Aussie basketball players. Maybe your thing is a particular team, or maybe you go for the Kobe/ LeBron/ Curry hero worship. Maybe you are a purist that just loves the game in all its forms (if so, I suspect you would appreciate the role players more though).

But a 76ers fan isn't worthy of derision because they have continued to support their team through the last three years (or Cavs fans for supporting theirs every year before this one). The same applies to someone who wishes to follow and support Aussie ballers, Boomers players, future Boomers, or former NBL imports or whatever even if they may end up being busts, even if they are not in the top 20, or top 50 or top 300 players in the NBA.

'Hating' is an unhelpful label. But that you continue to be so shocked and surprised that there are pie-eyed Aussie fans on an Aussie fan forum is what makes your anonymous trolling boring.

On topic, everyone calls these events 'All-Star camps'. What made the Basketball Without Borders Camp an All-Star Camp? Or the U12 All-star Talent ID Camp put on by Basketball Victoria? Did you question that one? It is a marketing tool. Joe Ingles is a well-recognised name and Aussie 'star' of basketball, and I am sure his camp will be well attended.

Reply #591824 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

notkoberulz bringing his best anon-poster game.

Reply #591845 | Report this post

notkoberulz  
Years ago

Yes yes let the hate flow through you

Reply #591860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also a Star Wars nerd perhaps... all coming together now. Next thread.

Reply #591871 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I love how you say that so derisively, and yet your only way of drawing that conclusion is for you to also know that reference.

Reply #591873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone has heard it, only takes a 'unique' type to quote it. Love that you love it though. You're usually so hard to impress.

Reply #591875 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

a 'unique' type
Something can either be unique, or of a type. Can't be both.

Reply #591876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure it can. You're unique, and you're also a type. Would you prefer an unusual type? Real life of the party type? Odd type?

Reply #591880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754