Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

LC
Last year

Penny Taylor announces retirement

Australian Opals legend Penny Taylor has announced she will retire from professional basketball at the end of the WNBA season.

Taylor remains determined and focused to add the one missing piece to her outstanding basketball resume - an Olympic gold medal.

Opals legend Penny Taylor announces retirement

An absolute legend of the sport here in Australia! Should be spoken of in the same light as Lauren Jackson and Michele Timms. Opals will see two of their greatest players ever retire in the same year.

Report this topic

Speed44
Last year
20:45 31 Jul 16

Reply #592770

re: Penny Taylor announces retirement

Agreed LC, she was a great player. I remember at one stage, I thought she was almost, if not, as good as LJ.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
21:10 31 Jul 16

Reply #592771

Taylor and Jackson are the two greatest basketball players this country has produced by a long, long margin.

Report this post

Luuuc
Last year
22:10 31 Jul 16

Reply #592776

Penny's reputation here in Australia has suffered because she has spent her summer months in Europe, whereas LJ regularly played in the WNBL which kept her profile huge.
But yeah, Penny's game at her peak was not far short of LJ's at all. She was never quite the go-to scoring machine that LJ was, but she is so damn smart, tough, and a great passer too. And so versatile. Consider that her first WNBA title was won playing the 4 spot, and her last one she was essentially the starting 2-guard.

I hadn't really heard her mention much about coaching in previous years, but I'm glad she has now because she'll make a good one.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Hogwash 38

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Tue 23 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693