Isaac
Years ago

Breakers sign rookie Jordan Ngatai

6'5" G/SF it seems. Inch shorter than Abercrombie but 11kg heavier?

Ngatai's signing brings to ten the total number of players on the fulltime roster, leaving just the one import spot to be filled and three development players. News is expected in the next week about the development players with the import spot not likely to be filled until after various summer leagues have concluded in America.

Topic #39701 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

He is probably more 6"6.

Ngatai is a bit bigger but that helps his game. Quite strong and allows him to play bigger than his height.

Abercrombie is very low body fat % and is ripped to no end so hard to compare weight I suppose.

Ngatai is a nice lefty, sweet stroke, fundamentally very sound (footwork etc), good rebounder and smooth player overall.

No drop off between him and Te Rangi for that backup 3 spot.

Only issues with Ngatai could be around athleticism and his handle, but sure he will do fine.

Reply #592979 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm a bit surprised Prewster hasn't been signed by the Breakers, but I have no idea how good Ngatai is either.

Reply #592980 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

AngusH, Prewster may still be sniffing around Sydney's back door. They sitll have a backup 2 and 3 spot to fill, as I see it.

Breakers have one more spot on their roster, and have an import availability up their sleeve. It makes me wonder if they'll use that and use either Finn Delaney or Ngatai as their 11th man.

They only have Woodside as an import at the moment, with only Ngatai and Delaney as the backup forward options.

Reply #592985 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Ngatai's NZNBL numbers this year: 15.9ppg, 5.0rpg, 2.1apg http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=193080580&client=11-8336-114266-402361-25074095

Reply #593037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754