RMQ
Years ago

Game Thread - Boomers vs France 1.15AM AWST

Ch7 tweeted that the game will be in full and streamed via app and at seven.com.au.

Don't know if it will be on TV tho.

Topic #39734 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Premium or free on the app RMQ?

Reply #593394 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

seven.com.au has stream 7, 7.2 and 7mate so guessing it might be on tv, it bloody better be what could be better than a boomers game?

Reply #593396 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Surely it will be on TV? They've got three channels showing the Olympic stuff overnight.

I'd just like to know which of the three channels it will be on to set the timer to record it. Chances are not the main one so probably 7TWO or 7mate.

Reply #593397 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Completely fired up for this now Bogut is playing but definitely not over confident.

If our offense looks to have no system and we start going all ISO ball I don't know if I can stay up to watch.

Reply #593398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac
The TV guide says it's on the normal ch 7, but Ch 7's Olympic Twitter account just said 7TWO, so who knows really !!

Reply #593401 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Agree with Zodiac - will tape 7mate and 7two.

Some honesty would be nice in terms of being told which channel will be showing what. I'll be very pissed if I record two channels and it's on the third.

Reply #593402 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

If we beat France look out!!

Reply #593404 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

When's the last time we won our first game at the olympics.

The game will be streamed. I wouldn't rely on it being on TV. So have back ups ready

Reply #593406 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"When's the last time we won our first game at the olympics."

1996 I think

:/

Reply #593407 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

"The TV guide says it's on the normal ch 7, but Ch 7's Olympic Twitter account just said 7TWO, so who knows really !!"

Cheers thanks for the info. I'll try 7TWO because unfortunately I've only got single tuner PVR so can't record two channels at the same time. Pretty unlikely the full game will be on the main channel but better chance on the secondary channel.

Thanks again!

Reply #593409 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This will be a huge test against France for mine they are the likely silver medallist with Spain missing M. Gasol & Ibaka so will tell us where we are at. The big issue is we're always slow out of the gates to start these tournaments and run right into a likely medallist first up.

Stoked Bogut's playing straightens us right up.

Reply #593411 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Promo just said Boomers game is 3:15 EST on channel 7 two

Reply #593418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else having issues wit the 7 App ? trying to log in to watch the Tur/Fra womens game just to see how & what it's gonna look like but it dosent seem to be loading.

Reply #593421 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Yeah apps stuffed! Does my head in when you pay money for this sort of thing and it crashes. Will be angry if the full games not televised...

Reply #593422 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Where do you get a tv schedule for the Olympics? Or do they just make it up as the go along?

Reply #593429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've been advertising it all night that'll it'll be on 7Two, but the Hockey just started on that channel so either we wont get to see it the game live or we'll miss the start .he 7 Olympic website is down as well as their App.

Reply #593430 | Report this post

Someguy  
Years ago

so where is the game then?

Reply #593432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's started but obviously as always ch 7 screws the bball fans, so we'll be lucky to watch the 2nd half once the Hockey finishes !!

Reply #593433 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I've got it working on the app but the commentary is virtually non-existent. Why can't we get the Channel 7 commentators? The Foxtel app was way better 4 years ago.

Anyway great start so far by the Boomers - our D is impressive and France look rusty. May have worked to our advantage drawing them first.

Reply #593434 | Report this post

Someguy  
Years ago

yeah figured as much 3 channels and still no basketball.......timing wise with hockey and cycling will be lucky to even get the last 10 minutes

Reply #593435 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

They just stated that Basketball will be on "next" on channel 7.

Reply #593436 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

I had to update the app to get it to work but no commentary.

Great start by the Boomers, although got lucky with a few terrible passes/fumbles by France.

Refs already made two shockers when a French player has taken it out of court and giving it back to them

Reply #593437 | Report this post

Daz68  
Years ago

Hopefully they will restart the game from the tip off after the hockey but I'm getting a bit tired so I could be dreaming a lot like there great coverage with this shit app.

Reply #593438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On 7 (the main channel) now, live not delayed

Reply #593439 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Get on Twitter and use #7Olmypics and #boomers to let Channel 7 know how disgraceful they are.

Reply #593440 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Boomers playing great. Great defense and offense clicking.

Reply #593441 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

Gobert giving Delly a lot of trouble when he's driving in to dish off

Reply #593442 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Parker getting hot.

Reply #593443 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

With the 7 Olympics site down, any other ways to watch? My attempt to use NBC's website failed as it requires a TV provider login (although it worked 2 hours ago without a login).

Reply #593444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it's gone

Reply #593445 | Report this post

Daz68  
Years ago

and back to the pool arrrgh

Reply #593446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 1:30 left in the hockey though

Reply #593447 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Lemanis with a great tech foul to get us right back in the game...

Have jingles and Mills forgot how to move their feet on defence with Parker? So flat footed.

Reply #593448 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Years ago

My Olympics on 7 app hasn't got through once. Stupid app. I can't believe in this day and age, there isn't the ability to be able to watch the event you want on the device you want.

Reply #593449 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

We don't have the guards to stop guys like Parker, our guys are NBA back-ups and NBL starters

Reply #593450 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Can't use the app rjd? Silly silly tech foul by Lemanis.

Reply #593451 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

App is working well for me except that the commentary is about 5-10 seconds ahead of the game.

Reply #593452 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Yeah, the app is shit. It's crashed twice for me, and when it does get up and running, there is no commentary and it's delayed a tad

Reply #593453 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

App finally loaded up for me, right in time for the non-existent halftime entertainment.

Reply #593454 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Go to seven 2.

Reply #593455 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

Great plays to start the third by the Boomers!

Reply #593456 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Bogut has been an assist machine.

Reply #593457 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Bogut's court vision is outstanding.

Reply #593458 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

We are not boxing out on defence enough. We keep getting caught out by offensive rebounders every now and again. The most basics parts of the game keep causing us issues in defence

Reply #593459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #593460 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Somehow the American commentators can't manage to get the name Lisch correctly pronounced.

Reply #593461 | Report this post

DaAnswer  
Years ago

Why is Bairstow getting so many minutes, brings absolutely nothing to the game!!

Reply #593462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If these come up as "replay" options in the seven app I should be able to capture these games and upload them, would this be of use to anyone here?

Reply #593463 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

So this is what Australia looks like with an actual point guard, and not Shane Heal

Reply #593464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lob City!

Reply #593465 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

We're going so well but Tony Parker has had a lot of rest and just checked back in.

Reply #593466 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Boomers up by 19 with 8.37 left. Bogut a beast, Delly dishing delights and d'lisch.

Great start to competition.

Reply #593467 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Goulding with the airball haha

Great win by the guys. Hopefully we can continue to play with such poise and as a team.

Reply #593468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding with the airball and Damo with the swish who would of thought haha

Impressive win to open up with and to build on.

Reply #593469 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Anon I'd be interested. Also team USA games as well

Reply #593470 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Classic Bubbles, going full pleb

Reply #593471 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Alright so we just fucking beat world number 4 france by 21 points. BOOM BABY BOOM

Reply #593472 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

That was ridiculously surprising in a good way. Couldn't believe how smooth our offence was and how terrible France's defence was. Delly to Bogut for the lob was on repeat, Mills awesome shooting and energy and Bogut proved his worth with some beautiful passing.

Lisch also proved his worth with some very timely threes.

Doesn't get any easier though with Serbia next.

Reply #593473 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Well done to the Boomers. I had expected France to put up more of a fight, but credit to the Boomers for some excellent execution and solid D. Some of the passing was superb. Bogut helped enormously at both ends. And we did it playing a slower tempo than usual; we out-Euroed them.

Reply #593474 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There are a few anonymous accounts that wont be making comments on this win. It is kind of hard to say "Boomers suck" when they beat a medal favorite by 21.

Reply #593475 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Holy ... :O

Reply #593476 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What a way to start your Sunday! Go Boomers!

Recap: Boomers dismantle France, Bogut shines

Reply #593477 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

The Offense was sensational. Fantastic to watch. No ISO at all.

This has got to be close to the best team basketball I have seen the Boomers play.

Reply #593489 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Lemanis really extracted maximum value from our main guys - Bogut is just a ridiculously great fit!

Assisting on >75% of their FGs is indicative of how beautiful our offense was to watch, France's lack of interest defensively notwithstanding.

That really sets us up well so long as we can knock off China and Venesuala. Even if we drop to Serbia, the 20pt margin will be a big help in the event of a three-way tie.

Well worth the sleepless night.

Reply #593491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our guards are and even our wings are non stop on defense and with bogut anchoring the middle our defense was amazing tonight

Reply #593499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If only ME would stop commenting today would be perfect for Australian basketball

Reply #593501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a huge win! So many times the media hype the boomers up only to lose key games. They actually went against that trend. They must stay locked in now and be a force. Just a great win to start, and a healthy bogut makes all the difference.

Reply #593504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where can we find a replay link or at least the highlights?

Reply #593505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highlights and game replay are up on the Olympics 7 app

Reply #593506 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Just finished the replay and that was a damn fine game we played. Really smart basketball. Super defence at one end, and attacking, unselfish play at the other.
Lisch gave us exactly what I was hoping for.

Reply #593517 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Couldn't be more happy with the Boomers. That's exactly the style they've been building towards and they executed it to almost perfection.

Serbia will be tougher to disrupt, they'll be better at picking that D apart with the ball in Teodosic or Jokic's hands, but if Bogut hits repeat on this morning we are every chance.

Reply #593519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm concerned that all the guys we play at the power forward spot are too slow. Despite his inexperience, Simmons would've helped with his athleticism in that spot.

Reply #593521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly > teodosic

He will shake him up

Reply #593523 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

That was one of the better Boomers games ive seen.

The highlight was the timing in the options of those offensive sets and pin point execution.

The one that really stuck out was where they looked at three or four options then scored on the reversal....bloody beautiful basketball...they had the French defenders chasing shadows !!

Andre & coaching staff....im impressed !!

Reply #593524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wondered in another thread whether Bogut would be THAT much of a difference. I was clearly wrong

Reply #593525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time Delly had a good game

Reply #593526 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gotta give credit to Lemanis, that's the best Aussie performance I've seen in a long time - I expected much worse given our lead up games. France just way overplayed the 3 and gave up back cut after back cut... No idea why they went away from iso Tony Parker either, because that's about all that was working for them.

It was funny watching Martin try D up on Parker for a stretch there. Bit on about 3 fakes and lost him repeatedly.

Reply #593527 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Haha, yeah I enjoyed watching Damo out there too. He got a bit of a lesson today but it will do him good.

Reply #593528 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Damo hitting a three was a bit of a laugh lol

Reply #593532 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I never thought this day would come, but Aron Baynes' hair means I can no longer root for my own country.

Reply #593533 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Putting aside the perhaps life altering hairstyles of Aron Baynes that was probably the best game I've ever seen the Boomers play. It wasn't Heal & Gaze getting hot from outside it was pure basketball execution the back cuts made France look second rate and to be fair their horrible defence helped to make us look fantastic.

Massive props to Bogut didn't think he had a game like that still left in him.

Reply #593562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That performance reflected well on lemanis. Crisp execution, everyone on the same page

Reply #593567 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

That was outstanding! Everything worked at both ends for the whole game. France were out played and out coached. I certainly didn't expect such a comprehensive win, particularly as it was the first game of the tournament. Bogut fitted in waaay better than I anticipated. Starting him and Baynes together turned out to be a master stroke. I also thought the Boomers looked like a really tight team. They weathered Parker's second quarter heroics and Ingles' 4th foul without departing from the team defence and team offence.Individual work rates were high for 40 minutes. Very impressive opening and they'll have their tails up against Serbia. Go Boomers!

Reply #593573 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

"So this is what Australia looks like with an actual point guard, and not Shane Heal"

Barry Barnes would still keep Delly on the bench and have heal jacking up prayers

Reply #593591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was delly actually throwing lobs or just missing threes really badly? Can never tell with his shooting form

Reply #593608 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well, his NBA career 3p% is about .395 higher than yours, so he has that going for him.

Reply #593711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible reply. Neck yourself

Reply #593809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754