Duke Fan
Years ago

Olympic TV coverage

Enjoying all the ads as usual, guess they have to pay the bills. But surely it's possible for 7 to put out a daily schedule of what will be shown on the 3 channels? Like others I had to take the punt of recording 2 channels and while it would have been nice to get the whole Boomers game I was happy to see the second half. I understand there's a lot of sports to cover. At some stage the channel roulette will screw up for sure.
Is it that 7 don't want us to know so the non Telstra customers have to buy their app to see a replay?

Topic #39737 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The replays are free on the app.

Reply #593518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or maybe that was only for today's game?

Reply #593520 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Has anyone had success skipping forward on replays via the app on a mobile device?

Tried watching team USA game today but couldn't skip forward.

Reply #593536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I was doing it in the Australia game. Just drag the scroller at the bottom

Reply #593539 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

What medium were you watching it on?

I'm using an iphone 6 plus. Not having much luck dragging it.

I drag it and then nothing happens. And then if something does happen it cuts to the last 30 seconds of the game.

Reply #593542 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Same, had issues on iPad but all ok on the desktop.

Reply #593548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Samsung Galaxy S6.

Come to Android boys!

Reply #593553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pros and cons of 7's app:
In the boomers game, the commentary was out of sync with the picture. However, you're able to switch off the commentary and just watch with the sound effects. Brilliant! You can hear more of whats being said on court and also what the coaches are yelling from the sidelines. Should be a feature of more sports broadcasts

Reply #593554 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

How did you switch the commentary off?

Reply #593559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was amongst the options at the bottom.

Reply #593604 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Not tooo bad. Unusual to show different things over 3 or 4 TV channels. (Some show the same thing}
Saw half Boomers and half Opals games on TV ch73 7pm-9pm and some highlites with Gaze on tv ch 7 at approximately 9pm. Pretty good.
(Plenty replays of our first medals and plenty of ads)

Reply #593686 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Saw the Liz Cambeige spectacular , last nite, ch7.
At London , she looked tall and slim compared to now.
When Burton travelled , Liz just laughed , and I DOO feel sorry for Burton being out there for so long , out of her depth . It's not her own choice . More or less pushed into it .It's pretty straining and unhealthy. Feel sorry for the other players as well....

Reply #593935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754